PREGAME Rams at 49’ers - MNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If we had to lose a game I'd rather it be a non conference game the week before we play a division rival. I have a feeling their intensity during the week is raised up a notch or two after that debacle.

The 49ers are reeling. But they've had our number the past few years. I'm in 49er territory. All their games are aired here. I've seen them quite a bit. A staple of their offense is the short, quick passes. They love to throw to backs or WR's near the line of scrimmage. Last year we did not defend that well. They picked up too many big first downs on us with a backup quarterback last year.
Who was that again Nick Mullins?!! That was a kick in the nuts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, I wanna beat these 49ers SO BAD...

I mean, like just pummel them into mush.

If ever there was a game where I'd want McVay to drop a 50 burger other than against the Cards this season, it'd be the 9ers....every season...

Also, I hate that George Kittle is amazing AND seems like a genuinely good guy. Him being on the 9ers just seems like a cruel joke to the league...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kick their fucking asses and stomp their fucking guts out. I want us to run the fucking score up until Kyle Shanahan cries.
Don't hold back, it aint healthy....

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
We are not losing this game.

Period.

CAE4A59C-9519-4FE7-8031-95BB0DB7C2A8.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Bounceback opportunity comes in form of rivalry game​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Rams' opportunity to respond to their second loss of the season comes in primetime with a rivalry game against the 49ers on Monday Night Football.

"I think you look at it, they've been a great example (of) a team that we've kind of had those kind of games against," Rams offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth said postgame last Sunday. "I mean, if you look at it last year, really kind of had some meltdown situations in their games against them, and really not jumping on opportunities that we had in those games. And then the year before really, I think in the second half, multiple times turning the ball over, either right before the half right or out of the half against them, that's been for touchdowns or run back to touchdowns. That's kind of the game we played against them. Funny how the league works, you play a game like this, and then you're going to against a team that that's kind of been what you've done, and so we got a chance to respond to the last couple years and show the winning kind of program that we are."

As Whitworth alluded to, the last three games between the Rams and 49ers have been close calls.

In Week 12 last year, kicker Robbie Gould's field goal as time expired dealt the Rams their first home loss at SoFi Stadium. Six weeks earlier, the Rams second-half rally fell short in another one-possession game, a 24-16 Niners win. In Week 16 of 2019, Gould's field goal as time expired lifted the 49ers to a win.

"We know the energy between the two teams. We know it's gonna be physical, we know there's gonna be talking," Williams said. "The game, I think it's gonna be physical. It depends on, I'm not gonna say the refs, but just letting us play ball, because that's the type of game it's gonna be. And we just know how important it is, because we don't look at records. We don't look at any of that stuff. We know our division is arguably the best division. We know at any time in the season, teams can just come back and just start rallying and win. So we just look at them as the same opponent that we've been looking at them as, and we're just coming out to try to dominate."

One of the biggest challenges for the Rams will come up front, going against a 49ers defensive lineman coached by Kris Kocurek, who held the same position with the Lions from 2010-17 – the second through ninth of Stafford's 12 seasons in Detroit.

"I was with their Defensive Line Coach (Kris Kocurek) in Detroit for a long time," Stafford said Wednesday. "I know what he's all about. And those guys play like I remember the guys in Detroit playing. They played hard for him. So it's a big challenge for us."

Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald said Rams-49ers games are always "a dog fight."

"It's always back and forth sometimes," Donald said. "It was a couple of years where, a couple of games where we just didn't start off good if things didn't go our way. But anytime you play a divisional opponent, it's going to be that type of game – a back and forth game, a physical game and that's how we want it."

oldnotdead

Legend
I really don't expect Miller or OBJ to play in this game. With the bye next week this gives Miller time to completely heal and both he and OBJ to get up to speed on their playbooks. It will give Stafford time to get his timing down with Beckham. I think they will be dressed and on the sidelines in case things go sideways. But I really think the Rams can beat the Niners without them.

The bye will give McVay and Morris time to integrate their new weapons into their schemes. This will allow the Rams to unleash them against GB. I'm sure the Packers aren't happy that the Rams will now face them with OBJ on the offense and Miller on defense.

The strength of the Packers is their defense. They have a good pass rush and play aggressively on the backend. If the Packer rush can be neutralized I don't think the Packers match up now in the secondary with OBJ in the WR mix. The Packer run game is inconsistent, much like the Ram's.

Having Miller opposite Floyd is going to be a game-changer. QB's will not have time to look downfield. If Morris tightens up his pass coverage, playing it aggressively, I think the Rams can limit and frustrate Rodgers. The problem is that Morris hasn't played his defense aggressively an entire game. The minute the Rams get a lead he backs off which is exactly the opposite of what he needs to do. The Rams and Packers historically play each other tough. Their record against each other is basically even.

Both teams need to bring their A game to win. This game could have seeding implications in the post-season. Other than Stafford having a bad game, the only real worry IMO is Morris and his soft defensive scheme. This defense went from #1 to average in half a season. Morris is a huge downgrade compared to Staley.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don't like that hard arm bump Donald and Floyd did. Cody Bellinger did a similar thing in last year's world series with the forearm and it caused him to miss games this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't like that hard arm bump Donald and Floyd did. Cody Bellinger did a similar thing in last year's world series with the forearm and it caused him to miss games this year.

I don’t either,but you could tell they made sure they had it right before they did it.

The Tannahill TD was worse.Floyd needs to keep his head up more on the outside.He also(Aaron Rogers) needs to keep his feet on the ground.AD99 same against Kyler Murray.
Rams had it stopped for all those Raheem Morris Fans.It was 4th down & those are the situations he needed to come through on.AD99 said he thought he might have had him to the edge & said he was a little upset there because Floyd took him out of the play by running right into him.In fact there could have been a injury there.
Going back to the Green Bay game will still blame AD99 on his personal foul.Then somewhere on Lambo Field Floyd’s jock is still on the field.There’s basically 14 points instead of 3.Of course it is what it is,just another game.
This Niner game is big.Imo more than most niner Fans is there team is tough & better than there record shows.This will be a True Test.
Then again The Rams need to show they are a SuperBowl team & not just a playoff team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yeah… If I am the Rams I ask them to find something else.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really don't expect Miller or OBJ to play in this game. With the bye next week this gives Miller time to completely heal and both he and OBJ to get up to speed on their playbooks. It will give Stafford time to get his timing down with Beckham. I think they will be dressed and on the sidelines in case things go sideways. But I really think the Rams can beat the Niners without them.

The bye will give McVay and Morris time to integrate their new weapons into their schemes. This will allow the Rams to unleash them against GB. I'm sure the Packers aren't happy that the Rams will now face them with OBJ on the offense and Miller on defense.

The strength of the Packers is their defense. They have a good pass rush and play aggressively on the backend. If the Packer rush can be neutralized I don't think the Packers match up now in the secondary with OBJ in the WR mix. The Packer run game is inconsistent, much like the Ram's.

Having Miller opposite Floyd is going to be a game-changer. QB's will not have time to look downfield. If Morris tightens up his pass coverage, playing it aggressively, I think the Rams can limit and frustrate Rodgers. The problem is that Morris hasn't played his defense aggressively an entire game. The minute the Rams get a lead he backs off which is exactly the opposite of what he needs to do. The Rams and Packers historically play each other tough. Their record against each other is basically even.

Both teams need to bring their A game to win. This game could have seeding implications in the post-season. Other than Stafford having a bad game, the only real worry IMO is Morris and his soft defensive scheme. This defense went from #1 to average in half a season. Morris is a huge downgrade compared to Staley.

Just watching ESPN pregame.There is no doubt OBj starts.Matt Hasselbauch said if he doesn’t want to them there is something wrong with him.He better want to play football.Which he said so much in his interview.I also know he is wired right & The Rams end up being the perfect fit for him with Woods out & DJ1 moving to Vegas.
I don’t know if it was said about DJ1 leaving,but I believe Raiders pick up his contract which cleared up the CAP space ? I know 4.5 was a number that was said if he signed somewhere else.Not sure if that is Cap related,but common sense says YES.
—Von Miller not playing? JOKE- blue font please!! Mcvay already said he was a GO. Let’s GO!! Von Miller is Jacked Up.If he played last week. The Rams win period imo.
This is going to be a tough game.Niners back is up against the wall.The Rams are going to get there Best.Kittle is ready & is tough.Debo & Aeikare ready as well. RB ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

My take on This OBj3.

Tough break for Woods,but The Rams are blessed with the timing.Woods gave OBj3 his blessing before his injury. IRONIC
OBj at LSU wore #3

Talk about Ram leaders. Big Andrew Whitworth is from LSU & turns 40 December 12 ? Woods came in right after his signing 2017.Kupp gets to be The Vet now coming in as a Rookie under Robert Woods.It has a meaning of passing the torch.
The Rams team is built wit a lot of FAITH.It’s sort of cool to see how this group fits in with each other. Von Miller40 & OBj3 are wired that way right now & trust in GOD.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just watching ESPN pregame.There is no doubt OBj starts.

I think so too, but…

Does it change the play calling? There‘s got to be a lot of plays/calls he can’t have down yet.

So, does McVay have to adapt to Beckham, in some ways? Effect what’s available?

Or, do we just play Beckham on certain plays? My guess, its this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Glazer just said (on FOX) “Ben Skowronek is getting the Woods role on Monday”.

But, Beckham is playing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

i understand wanting to involve Beckham, however, I worry so much about injury there. Maybe the Rams feel that is another way to involve him as he will be limited to the number of packages on offense and we will see Skowronek replacing Woods for the most part.

However, during the bye i want Koski or Brandon Powell (PS) to battle it out for PR/KR man and stick with him, allowing the others Beckham & Kupp to focus on making plays on offense.

sloramfan

Starter
please don.t do that rams...

no on punt returns for OBJ... too risky...

go rams

slo

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
i understand wanting to involve Beckham, however, I worry so much about injury there. Maybe the Rams feel that is another way to involve him as he will be limited to the number of packages on offense and we will see Skowronek replacing Woods for the most part.

However, during the bye i want Koski or Brandon Powell (PS) to battle it out for PR/KR man and stick with him, allowing the others Beckham & Kupp to focus on making plays on offense.

please don.t do that rams...

no on punt returns for OBJ... too risky...

go rams

slo

I think I am with you guys.

”No”, please.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fox TV crew just said “Rams are a finesse team”, having lost to Cards and Titans.

“Not sure how far you can go in the playoffs being that way”…

You hear that Rams?

Finesse? To a football player, that‘s like calling you a wuss, right?