PREGAME Rams at 49’ers - MNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Los Angeles Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers picks, predictions: Who wins NFL Week 10 game?​

The Los Angeles Rams and San Francisco 49ers play Monday in a Week 10 NFL game.

Which team will get the victory?

Check out these NFL Week 10 picks and predictions for the game, which can be seen at 6:15 p.m. MST time on ESPN.

The Rams are a 4.5-point favorite in the game.

Pro Football Network: Rams 28, 49ers 24

Ben Rolfe writes: "In the last two years, the 49ers have had the Rams’ number, defeating them in all four matchups. However, despite their loss against the Titans last week, it’s the Rams that come into this game as the clear favorites. The 49ers were frankly embarrassing against a Cardinals team without two of their star players. If they put up another performance like that, could we see Kyle Shanahan’s seat warming up heading towards Week 11?"

Sportsnaut: Rams 28, 49ers 17

Matt Johnson writes: "One of the best teams in the NFL against one of the most disappointing teams. The 49ers’ secondary is weak, which means serious trouble against Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods. If the Rams take an early lead, they will turn Von Miller and Aaron Donald loose against Jimmy Garoppolo."

Play Picks: Take the 49ers with the points in Week 10 vs. Rams

Brian Sausa writes: "Anytime the NFC West is featured in a primetime setting, we are all being treated to a gift. This division is deep and it always seems to produce competitive games when rivals like the Rams and Niners meet up. San Francisco opened as the customary three-point home favorite, which tells us oddsmakers see this one pretty even. The Rams acquired Matthew Stafford to put them over the edge in games such as these and we think they do just that." Sports Interaction: Rams will cover vs. 49ers in Week 10 NFL game

Sports Interaction: Rams will cover vs. 49ers in Week 10 NFL game

Payton Matthews writes: "The Niners were 2-0 vs. the Rams last season. Both NFC West clubs were upset on Sunday. The Rams were clocked 28-16 on Sunday night by Tennessee despite only allowing 194 yards. Matthew Stafford had two terrible interceptions on back-to-back plays, one returned for a score. Trade addition and pass rusher Von Miller didn’t play but should here. The Niners couldn’t take advantage of a short-handed Cardinals team and lost 31-17 at home. George Kittle returned from a long injury absence with 101 yards and a TD on six catches."

Draft Kings: Take Rams to cover in Week 10 game vs. 49ers

David Fucillo writes: It’s tempting to get the 49ers in a bounce-back effort after an awful performance against the Cardinals, but San Francisco hasn’t really shown any life against good teams. Maybe the 49ers stun LA, but it’s also possible they continue circling the drain and get thumped. I’m inclined toward the latter for now.

Sportsnaut: Rams 35, 49ers 17

Vincent Frank writes: "Yuck. Is there any reason to believe that San Francisco’s embattled secondary will be able to keep Matthew Stafford, Cooper Kupp and Co. in check? Yeah, I don’t think so. Blowout Rams win here."

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Don't say never. The 9ers have had our number for a while now. Hard headed mcVay might keep Stafford in the gun the entire game lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We are not losing this game.

Period.
Proud Lin Manuel Miranda GIF by Emmys

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

First Look: Rams head north for Monday Night Football road game against 49ers​

After falling to the Titans on Sunday Night Football in Week 9, the Rams will look to bounce back in primetime with a Monday Night Football road game against the 49ers in Week 10. Kickoff from Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. is scheduled for 5:15 p.m. pacific time on ESPN.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams-49ers:

Notable 49ers additions

Took North Dakota State QB Trey Lance with the No. 3 overall pick in this year's draft: Drafted as their quarterback of the future, Lance at first was used situationally, or in specific packages, then replaced incumbent starting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 4 against the Seahawks after Garoppolo sustained a calf injury. Lance then sustained a left knee sprain against the Cardinals in his first career start the following week. While Lance is now healthy, head coach Kyle Shanahan said after the game he has no plans to start Trey Lance.

Re-signed All-Pro OT Trent Williams to a six-year deal on March 23: While not a new addition, it was still significant that Williams was retained him nearly one year after acquiring him in a trade on Day 3 of the draft. He was brought in as veteran Joe Staley's replacement after Staley retired last year and is San Francisco's long-term answer for protecting the blind side of its quarterback.

Top performers in Week 9

Garoppolo completed 28 of 40 pass attempts for 326 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in the 49ers' 31-17 loss to the Cardinals.

Rookie RB Elijah Mitchell paced the 49ers backfield with eight carries for 36 yards.

TE George Kittle led San Francisco's receivers with 101 receiving yards and one touchdown on six catches; WR Brandon Aiyuk added 89 yards and one touchdown on six catches.

LB Fred Warner led the 49ers' defense with 14 total tackles, with defensive linemen Arik Armstead and Arden Key each recording a sack.

On special teams, K Robbie Gould made his lone field goal attempt and both of his extra point attempts. P Mitch Wishnowsky averaged 40.8 yards per punt across four punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

From a skill position standpoint, the 49ers are set to be the healthiest they've been in quite some time – especially in the passing game, with Kittle returning last week and joining Aiyuk and wide receiver Deebo Samuel, whose 882 receiving yards are second in the NFL through the first nine weeks.

However, the 49ers also suffered a key loss along the offensive line last week against the Cardinals, with starting right tackle Mike McGlinchey suffering a torn squad that will require season-ending surgery.

The common thread here is the importance of the Rams' pass rush continuing to generate the consistent pressure it has all season.

Los Angeles' secondary is equipped to defend San Francisco's targets in the passing game, but last week was an example of, when giving time, what San Francisco's passing attack can accomplish. If the Rams can get pressure and disrupt Garoppolo, it will go a long way toward not only helping their secondary contain the 49ers' weapons in the passing game, but also coming away with a victory.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If there is one silver lining about losing to the Titans is that the team will go into this weak without any overconfidence and they will be pissed.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Playing with broken ribs? I really hope McVay puts back in the double TE set and smash mouths the ball against the whiners. I think we win this game if we just don't turn the ball over.

Get a lead and let AD, Floyd and Von Miller go after Garapolo. I noticed that Jimmy still closes his eyes when he's throwing the ball with someone in his face.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
* Opponent is not a good football team: check
* Opponent has large number of injuries: check
* Opponent knows how to beat current Ram team: check
* Opponent is a rival and the game means everything for the Rams: check
* Opponent has a QB controversy: check

Rams fall apart early and often after a promising early start to the season and lose to a bad 49ers team: check

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
* Opponent is not a good football team: check
* Opponent has large number of injuries: check
* Opponent knows how to beat current Ram team: check
* Opponent is a rival and the game means everything for the Rams: check
* Opponent has a QB controversy: check

Rams fall apart early and often after a promising early start to the season and lose to a bad 49ers team: check

The Niners aren’t a bad team. -wrong

QB controversity ? Not - It’s Jimmy G’s

The game doesn’t mean everything to The Rams(means a lot) wrong
- means everything to the Niners at Home.Fan base needs it.

Game will hurt The Rams if they lose because of the bye week.Then again talk about reenergized!

The Rams know the Niners & are hungry- check

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gonna play through fractured ribs eh? Good luck with that.
One of the most painful things I've been through - and I don't even venture near an NFL contest...
Well D. HENDO did.He sat out,but still had to play when they weren’t totally healed.I think it effected his breathing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kick their fucking asses and stomp their fucking guts out. I want us to run the fucking score up until Kyle Shanahan cries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

From the Podium: Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford preview Week 10 at 49ers​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams head coach Sean McVay and quarterback Matthew Stafford each held press conferences with local media Thursday, discussing injury updates, the Rams getting Odell Beckham Jr. and more.
Here are some of the highlights and key takeaways from those conversations, which you can watch in their entirety below:

"If Brian (Allen) isn't able to go, which we hope he is, (we) have a lot of confidence in Coleman (Shelton)." – McVay​

• With Allen popping up on the injury report with an elbow injury, Coleman Shelton worked in his spot and would appear to be the next man up if Allen is unavailable for Monday Night Football.
  • McVay said Shelton "has always been a really smart guy," but also showed his physicality in reps given to him during training camp and the preseason.

"You talk about a great leader of men, a guy that's got just great capacity, great command when he gets in front of the room." – McVay​

• Running backs coach/assistant head coach Thomas Brown is someone McVay leans on "in a lot of instances."
  • Aside from Brown's accomplished background and knowledge of both sides of the ball, McVay also appreciates that Brown isn't always going to tell him what he wants to hear, but what he needs to hear.

"I know he'll fit right in and just continue to get better." – Stafford​

• Stafford has a new target in the passing game, as the Rams agreed to terms with wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on Thursday.
  • Stafford had a chance to play with Beckham in the 2015 Pro Bowl and see the way he worked and "went about his business," and came away impressed. "I have a lot of respect for him," Stafford said.

"I mean, nothing really surprises me anymore, to tell you the truth." – Stafford​

• How much of a surprise was it to Stafford that the Rams acquired Beckham after getting Von Miller last week? Not much at all, it seemed.
  • "This is an enticing city to play in. This is an enticing organization to come play for. We have a bunch of other great players on this team," Stafford said.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If we had to lose a game I'd rather it be a non conference game the week before we play a division rival. I have a feeling their intensity during the week is raised up a notch or two after that debacle.

The 49ers are reeling. But they've had our number the past few years. I'm in 49er territory. All their games are aired here. I've seen them quite a bit. A staple of their offense is the short, quick passes. They love to throw to backs or WR's near the line of scrimmage. Last year we did not defend that well. They picked up too many big first downs on us with a backup quarterback last year.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please post the "What 49 fans are saying" when you get a chance ROD friends. This should be interesting!