Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, I suspect that as well. I just thought that would be Garrett. Wonder if they are done with him or if they are going to add him to the practice squad. Oh well, we will find out soon I am sure!
From my point of view Chris Garrett is quick.... but not as lightning quick & fast into the backfield as Benton Whitley 6-2 1/2/257lbs. Whitley has 34-inch arms & close to 10-inch hands will come in handy if he figures out how to get them on that QB's football before he throws it. Whitley is just so raw at this point.Garrett looked awful thin all around and is about 17 to 20 pounds lighter than Whitley.

The Rams will have two T.J. Carters and three players with the last name Carter on their practice squad. Carter was a late addition to the team, claiming him off waivers on Aug. 16. He bolsters the defensive line depth.

View: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1565034945394900992

DE T.J. Carter
1661971750975.png

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I suspect that as well. I just thought that would be Garrett. Wonder if they are done with him or if they are going to add him to the practice squad. Oh well, we will find out soon I am sure!
He might decide to go somewhere else like Clay Johnston & Trishton Jackson did a few yrs ago. Probably hearing from other teams about joining their PS.

He may have let the Rams know that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wanna see TE Carter move up and get special teams duty.

Oh, if he's on the 53, you can bet he'll be playing a great deal of Special Teams, in college he was considered a 'demon' on that unit.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Psycho_X

Legend

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Surprised Garrett was not brought back. Disappointed that Snyder was not re-signed.

Perhaps they have practice squad opportunities elsewhere.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Surprised Garrett was not brought back. Disappointed that Snyder was not re-signed.

Perhaps they have practice squad opportunities elsewhere.
I believe that once they designate Daniel Hardy to IR, then they will bring back Chris Garrett to the active roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Snyder ?

I think I'd rather have kept Snyder over Kolone but overall I like that we were able to keep everyone I wanted. So they can protect 2 players this year instead of 4... glad we can keep Harris for another year and see how he develops further. Haley as the other guy I didn't expect but makes sense as you can never have enough DBs to make sure to have at a moment's notice.

Agreed, that's a bummer, I would have gone Snyder over Kolone.
I'm guessing we can go with Boni's theory of more experience in the offense?

Psycho_X

Legend
I believe that once they designate Daniel Hardy to IR, then they will bring back Chris Garrett to the active roster.
That's my assumption as well, especially since haven't seen him sign with anyone else yet. I'd think someone would pick him up for PS somewhere if he wasn't being signed to a roster.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will still have one more person to add when Hardy goes on IR. Sounds like Jourdan is intimating that is will be Whitley, so one more practice squad player to go. Finders crossed for (in order for me) Snyder, Garrett, Lowe.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm guessing we can go with Boni's theory of more experience in the offense?
I agree with @BonifayRam

The Rams favor experience from Oline backups. Also if you recall neither Noteboom nor Allen were in NFL shape their first year. Noteboom credited Whitworth for teaching him how to build his body and condition for the NFL.

After reading about Whitworth’s garage it opened my eyes to the idea that not every college is up to NFL level training practices. So guys like Arcuri this year and AJ Jackson last year need yo put some work to build their bodies to get ready to play in this league.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Like to see how Garcia develops, glad he’s back for now at least. Snyder must be a mistake, right??

WestCoastRam

Legend
Garret was unvaxxed, yes? I haven't been following the protocols lately but if he and a player like Whitley were even or near even in their estimates, would that have played a role in him not being picked up(ie, if protocols for him were more ornery). Would it play a role between choosing between him and even another player at a different position for a squad role? Not trying to start an argument here, I'm genuinely asking.

I guess it will be interesting to see if he's picked back up if/when Whitley is elevated but hard time believing he wouldn't have made the PS already.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Despite having 3 QBs on active roster, I would not mind one developmental guy on the PS that has the physical traits to have a shot to become a legit back up or more down the road.