Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agreed, that's a bummer, I would have gone Snyder over Kolone.
Yes, I am bewildered by this where Kolone was measured out above Snyder. Not very happy :weary:& as just a fan just do not fully understand.

But onto the bright spot they did get Swing OG Chandler Brewer signed back up to provide some insulation if an interior position goes down to injury.:thumbsup1::)

Happy that the Rams have temporarily latched onto Swing OT AJ Arcuri. I just do not see him lasting very long once the OT's start to get injured as the new season wears on.:fistbump::giggle:

Of all the Ram units (starters/Reserve) presently on the MR53 my biggest concern is the OL reserve unit led & headed by the two older experienced OL'ers Bobby Evans & Jeremiah Kolone:angry::emergency:.:hellno:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I believe that once they designate Daniel Hardy to IR, then they will bring back Chris Garrett to the active roster.
I thought so yesterday; and would also like that. Unfortunately Snead does not take my calls.

Jourdan Rodrigue (who seems fairly well clued-in) has hinted that it's Whitley that will get promoted once Hardy hits short-term-IR

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought so yesterday; and would also like that. Unfortunately Snead does not take my calls.

Jourdan Rodrigue (who seems fairly well clued-in) has hinted that it's Whitley that will get promoted once Hardy hits short-term-IR
Here's to hoping this years preseason star lasts longer than last years.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Anyone think the Rams should sign QB Christopher Streveler, supposed played really well in preseason and probably better than both our backup QBs

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Anyone think the Rams should sign QB Christopher Streveler, supposed played really well in preseason and probably better than both our backup QBs
I don't know man.

Wolford and Streveler matched-up in the final game of 2020, with the Playoffs pretty-much on-the-line; and Wolford played better that day. Of course they were playing different defenses.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He did not suit-up in any of the pre-season games. Apparently, had a roster spot secured.
Just thinking Hummel had a long way to go.I guess they both must have made it in special teams.

Then again Rozeboom made it because how well he was running the 2nd team calling plays.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of all the Ram units (starters/Reserve) presently on the MR53 my biggest concern is the OL reserve unit led & headed by the two older experienced OL'ers Bobby Evans & Jeremiah Kolone:angry::emergency:.:hellno:

It’s frustrating. It’s always comes back to concerns with the offensive line. I was so excited that McVay got hired and addressed the Oline right away. Now I’m back to thinking the interior isn’t all that great.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you get cut by the Jets, you really dont belong in the NFL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Rams seem to be concerned with the future DB unit with four main DB's departing for Free Agency. (Scott/ Long/ Hill/ Rapp). DC Morris is about those DB's.

SS Jordan Fuller should be able to fill the Rapp departure. Safeties Quentin Lake & Russ Yeast are still unknowns......does not appear that veteran safety Terrell Burgess can fill the Nick Scott departure.

IMO the best CB that was cut was
Isn’t Troy Hill signed for another season? What your cut next season or trading him ?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Isn’t Troy Hill signed for another season? What your cut next season or trading him ?
UFA
Surprised Garrett was not brought back. Disappointed that Snyder was not re-signed.

Perhaps they have practice squad opportunities elsewhere.
OLB'er Chris Garrett looked like a skinny Randy Moss, not an LB'er.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It’s frustrating. It’s always comes back to concerns with the offensive line. I was so excited that McVay got hired and addressed the Oline right away. Now I’m back to thinking the interior isn’t all that great.
The Rams have replaced reserve OT Noteboom & reserve OC Shelton with OT Evans {who was signed in 2019 & entering his 4th season as a Ram} & OC Kolone {who signed with the Rams in 2018 & is entering his 5th season as a Ram} .......in your mind is that improvement or going back into a weaker position?

Snead needs to once again address the interior OL in the draft on the 2nd day of the 2023 draft. That's with full knowledge that rookie OG Logan Bruss will be attempting a comeback from his knee reconstruction surgery.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The Rams have replaced reserve OT Noteboom & reserve OC Shelton with OT Evans {who was signed in 2019 & entering his 4th season as a Ram} & OC Kolone {who signed with the Rams in 2018 & is entering his 5th season as a Ram} .......in your mind is that improvement or going back into a weaker position?

Snead needs to once again address the interior OL in the draft on the 2nd day of the 2023 draft. That's with full knowledge that rookie OG Logan Bruss will be attempting a comeback from his knee reconstruction surgery.
OL & DL will be addressed. That's why it's critical that the young guys in the secondary, LB, and WR show out so they can ignore those positions.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OL & DL will be addressed. That's why it's critical that the young guys in the secondary, LB, and WR show out so they can ignore those positions.
I do think that our CB unit has been vastly improved. This was an area I really wanted Snead to attack in the draft, he did not fail me here.

The safety unit situation was another spot that would need to have an infusion of youth. I felt that Rapp & Jordan were below-average starting safeties in the NFL. Add to the fact that Burgess has not developed.

We saw was an old wore out veteran safety did for this Rams defense very late last season just magnified the poor play of Fuller/Rapp. Not sure what the 2 new rookies will add but they like Rookie Russ Yeast even though I was not impressed. We have no idea what we have in injured rookie Quentin Lake.

The DL/ ER& ILB'er units are all improved too. The way things turned out @ the ER unit excites me. I really like this Keir Thomas & feel that Benton Whitley can be developed into an excellent 3rd down pass rusher over time.

The WR/TE units are awesome! I like everything that was accomplished in these two units thus far.

The reserve OL, Back-up QB's :not::yawn:& proven easy break :injury:RB unit concerns me.