Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think the Lance McCutcheon over Jacob Harris is the story of camp/preseason. You have to be impressed with an undrafted rookie who comes in and beats out a guy who we invested a 4th round pick on just a year ago.

Keir Thomas is another story you have to like. Transferred to FSU, has a good year, not at the Combine, had a good pro day, goes undrafted, and fights his way onto a roster (for now, perhaps, but he's still in the game).

Will either of these guys see any meaningful snaps this year? Who knows? Did anyone expect to get hero moments from the likes of Kendall Blanton or Brycen Hopkins?

Give me guys with heart and passion who work hard to be ready when the moment comes. You never know when you might need them.

From the sound of Snead's presser post cut down, McClutch is having a "redshirt" year. Snead's words. So I imagine, unless something changes, he won't be dressing. But it's nice to see we have depth, especially if Van hits FA.

It also sounded like Keir is there until Hardy comes back. But who knows, maybe he plays well and they cut a QB to keep both.

fearsomefour

Legend
Isn't that a symptom of a lack of good run defense by the rest of the front 7?

A MLB who makes a lot of tackles 5-7 yards beyond the LOS is still putting himself in position to limit the gain as much as possible.
Defense is very much a team sport and if Laurinaitis was shooting gaps trying to make "impact'" or "notice me" plays on an otherwise undisciplined and talent deficient defense, you'd have far worse rushing and scoring defense and a lot more safeties making tackles 10 -15 yards downfield.

The dude lacked elite athleticism but as long as he could suit up, he gave the Rams all he could and it's just an easy way to lay the blame of systemic defensive deficiencies on the one guy who was there to take the down the ball carrier.
Will Witherspoon, Alec Ogletree, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Dexter Coakley - all of those guys (basically every Rams ILB since London Fletcher) were just as incapable of stopping the run at the LOS, irregardless of their level or athleticism or the scheme.

Laurinaitis was never at all special, but he was a solid pro who represented the Rams well.
Im not bashing Laurinatits.....he was stuck on a bad D.
Depends on the the scheme and other players of course.
But at some point, he needs to read and fill a gap and make a tackle.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was surprised too, he looked like he had gotten stronger and worked on becoming more physical in the few times I saw him in the preseason but in McSnead We trust
Being a tweeter can be good or bad.
In Harris case, he is a true tweeter and project.
He has elite athleticism but doesn't look all that natural running routes etc.
He has size but is too thin to play hand down TE really.
The Rams are just too deep at WR for him at this time.
I would like it if he made it to the practice squad and was given more time to develop to see if he can get his skills up to par with his athleticism.
But, I suspect someone will sign him based on athleticism alone.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was really surprised the Rams cut both Kolone and Snyder.
That was the most surprising move to me.
I am with you that I think at least two of the OL make it to the PS.
Yes very surprised by the absence of a legit OG in the reserve unit.

Just from my intense observations for the 3 preseason games of the OL'ers, the very first Practice Squad signing would be the Interior OL'er who had the best preseason OG performance of all the OL'ers.......Rookie Jack Snyder who played in all 3 gms played the majority of snaps @ RG.

Just for the record Snyder started & played one full game @ RG played 3 Quarters of another in the 2nd & had a few late series @ center in the 1st. So it's not like he was working late 4th quarter action against 3rd team players as I saw a member post a few days back. Snyder had zero penalties, allowed zero sacks & zero pressures. I invite all to go back & see for yourselves.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One wonders if Evans would have survived the cut if Bruss hadn't torn his knee up.
My answer is a solid yes. Logan Bruss brought ZERO experience to an OL that is very short of.

The present OL reserve unit's lack of game experience in comparison to the previous years is vastly different. This season is significant. Thus they gave Bobby Evans a full doze of 3 games of work to ensure he was ready to be the top reserve OL'er based on his game-starting experience that all of the other OL'ers did not have.

Damn right I'm worried. Another season where Bobby Evans is only an injured player away from possibly starting ? Right after Bruss went down I said it's time for a trade, I'll say it again, although not likely until we've filled our Practice Squad in a day or two.
Stay in shape Whitworth !
Me too. So where does this go from here? Some thoughts that come to my small old worn down brain...

#1-Snead may have a trade in the works for a veteran OC/OG.

View: https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1501963904838258689?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1501963904838258689%7Ctwgr%5E0c7c67725ac9371ce90542b94cfe0c57ab84b69a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2F2022%2F08%2F31%2Fla-rams-rumors-will-team-negotiate-signing-free-agentb%2F

#2- Rams plan is to sign two interior OL'ers on the PS one might be another NFL team OL'er who has center experience. I would suggest both Jack Snyder/Chandler Brewer will do. Work them early this season prepping Snyder to be the new Coleman Shelton on this team.

#3-Snead/McVay earlier this off season & might have already sat down with Andrew Whitworth on the possible return to the team if an injury :injury:were to occur to an interior OL'er. AW would line up & start @ LG next to good buddy LT Joe Noteboom. A contract $$$ is already prepared & agreed on.

Conclusion: It might be that the Bobby Evans plan is to utilize him early this season as they work the reserve MR53 & PS OL'ers hard to later release Evans or trade him off before the trade deadline......
buying additional badly needed time.

Last edited:

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest question is just how many folks get claimed on waivers. In a perfect world, none of our players are claimed, and we have the pick of them for our practice squad. The question is how likely that is. Again, playing the "guessing game", I would guess that the Lions pick up Jacob Harris, and Minnesota possibly grabs someone like Landen Akers, due to familiarity with him as a player. I could see Staley and the Renters looking at guys like Brayden Thomas and Benton Whitley, taking advantage of their knowledge of how strong our defensive line is.

Not what I want, but just guesses. If so, that would leave us with, potentially:
Arcuri, Snyder, Pircher, Ragas, Pinkney, R Carter Jr., Trammell, EB IV, E Garcia, Garrett, Haley, Isom, Lowe and one of Thomas/Whitley, as well as two new ones coming in.

Or, I could be way off. Just my thoughts.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really should set up my work holidays around these important deadlines. I am not the best employee I could be on days like this ...

(refresh. refresh. refresh. Like something Old School posted. refresh. refresh.)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I really should set up my work holidays around these important deadlines. I am not the best employee I could be on days like this ...

(refresh. refresh. refresh. Like something Old School posted. refresh. refresh.)
I am sitting on a beach today waiting for more roster moves. Just worked out that way. Daughter got married on Saturday, wife and I getting away for a few days after a hectic summer.
20220830_183930.jpg

Last edited:

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am siting on a beach today waiting for more roster moves. Just worked out that way. Daughter got married on Saturday, wife and I getting away for a few days after a hectic summer.
Absolutely the best way to play it. :) Congrats on your daughter's wedding!