Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funny, no one brought up Brewer as well. The value The Rams found were okay makers.

Cutch,Tutu, Williams,Durant & Kendrick.

That FS was a surprise. Funk a core special teams guy as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why don't people listen more closely to you!?!
I wish I knew

crying-cry.gif

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The first actually was pretty good.
A whole lot better than that.

5 straight Pro Bowls. 1,100 rushing yards per-year. Top-5 in the NFL in rushing in 4 of those 5 seasons.

He was one of my all-time-favorites, so I'm a little sensitive. McCutcheon was outstanding.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Guessing the Rams want/hope to bring back 3 or even 4 OL released today for their Practice Squad.

However, are there any OL released today intrigue you?

I'm a little intrigued by Blake Hance and Max Scharping.
When I review the current 8 Ram OL'ers .....I see 5 OT's,2 OC's & 1 college OT being morphed into an interior OG. A true bonified interior versatile OL'er is badly needed. If the Rams are going to keep Bobby Evans there is no need for another OT.

I do not see any OL'ers that were cut today as being worthy of any consideration.

Rams cut two pure swing OT's{Pircher/Arcuri} & 3 interior OL'ers {Kolone/Snyder/Brewer}. I would hope that 2 of them end up on the PS. #1 being Swing OG/OC Jack Snyder & #2 Swing OT AJ Arcuri.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
A whole lot better than that.

5 straight Pro Bowls. 1,100 rushing yards per-year. Top-5 in the NFL in rushing in 4 of those 5 seasons.

He was one of my all-time-favorites, so I'm a little sensitive. McCutcheon was outstanding.
And he looked so cool running with the football ...

1661899194862.png

1661899233572.png

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Laurence McCutcheon was the 1st player I looked for in the sports pages... to check his rushing yards. Before internet and sports TV, that's all we had. I'd check to see his rushing, then other player stats. Then when the league totals came out later in the week I'd see where he was at. In the NFC rushing stats it was him, Chuck Foreman, and Payton near the top. Good company.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
And, of course, Laurence McCutcheon was the first Ram to throw a TD pass in the Super Bowl, a feat that would not be accomplished again for 20 years.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
What Bobby Evans has to offer........had to be highly valued by Carberry is

#1- 3 yrs of past NFL experience. The fact that he has played in the NFL @ all four OL posts. Most of his offensive snaps were @ OT. All of BE's preseason snaps this season have been @ RT. Clearly, the Rams/Carberry see BE primarily as an OT with a very light amount of OG regular season snaps too. BE's past performance snaps @ OG were deplorable in comparison to his past offensive snaps @ OT.

#2- Another positive going for BE is his ability to remain injury free for 3 NFL seasons.

3rd season OT/OG Tremayne Anchrum has Zero snaps with the Rams offense NO Experience but has been active for approx 12 games out of 39 possible games. TA was injured in last season preseason. I see that previous injury lurking in the minds of the Rams, that helped BE make this roster. 2nd yr OT Alaric Jackson only has 61 snaps with this offense in 2021 so he also has very little experience to be offered up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAh5sY4fyD4

But he sucks period. Sorry this holdover for me makes no sense whatsoever. We can do better than Bobby Evans.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Jacob Harris getting released is surprising, hope he meets his potential with us. I figured his profile offers a lot of promise in terms of big-play contributions but McCutcheon has been the preseason MVP that it overshadows Harris's draft status.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jacob Harris getting released is surprising, hope he meets his potential with us. I figured his profile offers a lot of promise in terms of big-play contributions but McCutcheon has been the preseason MVP that it overshadows Harris's draft status.
I’m glad that they can recognize a mistake, or at least when an experiment isn’t quite working out as well as hoped.

Cutting Harris and trying to stash him on the PS is a better option than cutting a guy (McCutcheon)who proved himself in practice and preseason.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
When I review the current 8 Ram OL'ers .....I see 5 OT's,2 OC's & 1 college OT being morphed into an interior OG. A true bonified interior versatile OL'er is badly needed. If the Rams are going to keep Bobby Evans there is no need for another OT.

I do not see any OL'ers that were cut today as being worthy of any consideration.

Rams cut two pure swing OT's{Pircher/Arcuri} & 3 interior OL'ers {Kolone/Snyder/Brewer}. I would hope that 2 of them end up on the PS. #1 being Swing OG/OC Jack Snyder & #2 Swing OT AJ Arcuri.
One wonders if Evans would have survived the cut if Bruss hadn't torn his knee up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But he sucks period. Sorry this holdover for me makes no sense whatsoever. We can do better than Bobby Evans.
Keep in mind the rules here. He is still a Ram so please refrain from using derogatory terms toward him or any other members of the organization.

Moving on.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind the rules here. He is still a Ram so please refrain from using derogatory terms toward him or any other members of the organization.

Moving on.
Not sure how that is derogatory when I'm talking about his play on the field so don't agree with you there. Nothing I say about a Rams player is directed at them on a personal level. I only reserve that right towards the 49ers, Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals, Tom Brady, and the 49ers lol

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The only question I would have is who was cut in order to keep 3 QBs? I can see the reasoning behind keeping either Wolford or Perkins but not sure about both. Wolford is the better of the 2 if Stafford misses games. Perkins is exciting when running, but I don't want my QB running. IMO Perkins is most valuable to the Rams as scout QB, he just doesn't have enough arm and with that release any starting DB that is just watching the QB is gonna get a good jump on any pass he throws.