Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A whole lot better than that.

5 straight Pro Bowls. 1,100 rushing yards per-year. Top-5 in the NFL in rushing in 4 of those 5 seasons.

He was one of my all-time-favorites, so I'm a little sensitive. McCutcheon was outstanding.

You'll get no argument from me on that, sir! :clinkingbeer:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure how that is derogatory when I'm talking about his play on the field so don't agree with you there. Nothing I say about a Rams player is directed at them on a personal level. I only reserve that right towards the 49ers, Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals, Tom Brady, and the 49ers lol
You can comment on his play but just stay away from saying things like so and so sucks, is trash, garbage, etc.

It's always been a rule here. And you know how it goes. You start allowing it and it becomes a free for all.

Pretty simple really.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Clearly compromising photos are involved here. :laugh4:

I think Harris getting hurt in camp did him in. This year's cuts it was so tight. It's hard to sell him in that room when everyone knows he missed time last season and then when he was supposed to be making his move oops he's hurt.

McClutch shows the value of actual production and I can't argue it. Just wish that same law would apply to Evans who hasn't looked good since spot duty during the season years ago.
Well. One thing we know from guys like Demby and now Evans.
The coaches are very patient with their Olinemen.

Ram65

Legend

Thanks very good Q and A with Les. He gave understandable insights on the roster decisions. Hopkins to Clutch the Rams made solid decisions based on performance. Jacobs just didn't show enough and stay healthy. You could see how raw he was in preseason games last year. Always a chance Rams get him back on PS. The bottom line is the keepers showed they belonged. Thomas and the young DBs. Things will change when Big Bobby comes back and maybe Lake. Other changes could happen before the season opener.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think it's more of me having an issue with our backup QB system in general. I mean why not pick a guy late in the draft? There's plenty of them out there and you just might strike gold. Rather than stay with the status quo of two QB's who you know wouldn't really win you any games. Lets be real here... If Perkins goes in, he might get you a couple of first downs with his feet, no doubt about that. But that dude has the arm of a high school QB. Those ducks are just waiting to be picked off. And in reality after a couple of games he would turn into a pick 6 machine during the regular season. And the Wolf??? We've seen him in action annnnnd, Goff with a broken finger is better.

I think at the moment the Rams should be shopping for the QB of the future, pick a young guy with potential and have him study Matty Statty for a few years to see how he develops. It's really one of my only gripes about McSnead
Well said.
In fairness to Wolford he got injured in the playoff game before we saw what he had, haha.
I assume they think they have a better shot of landing a contributor at another position (as we've seen with their late round DBs, S and OL) than landing a 6th or 7th round QB that could make the roster.
So, I am guessing they figure, sign UDFA QBs and find depth at other spots with those late picks.
I already have a kid that I love for that backup role, he is a Freshman now.
I don't disagree with what your saying.
Id even go mid round pick if it was a guy they really liked.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This quote from Stu confuses me. I wonder if there was a last minute change since Arcuri is shown as being waived but this sounds like he was being kept on the 53?
Ditto. I almost had a stroke trying to interpret that.

fearsomefour

Legend
When I review the current 8 Ram OL'ers .....I see 5 OT's,2 OC's & 1 college OT being morphed into an interior OG. A true bonified interior versatile OL'er is badly needed. If the Rams are going to keep Bobby Evans there is no need for another OT.

I do not see any OL'ers that were cut today as being worthy of any consideration.

Rams cut two pure swing OT's{Pircher/Arcuri} & 3 interior OL'ers {Kolone/Snyder/Brewer}. I would hope that 2 of them end up on the PS. #1 being Swing OG/OC Jack Snyder & #2 Swing OT AJ Arcuri.
I was really surprised the Rams cut both Kolone and Snyder.
That was the most surprising move to me.
I am with you that I think at least two of the OL make it to the PS.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's what I thought as well. I think he goes to the practice squad, can't be poached, and doesn't count against the limit.
He actually looked pretty good....granted limited snaps at the closing hours of preseason....but, he looked solid.

fearsomefour

Legend
OLB/DE Kier Thomas has the look of a complete ER. He brings the hit with the tackle.

I also like what little bit of Dan Hardy I was able to watch before the injury both appear to be well-rounded defenders...solid additions to replace ER's 2021's Garrett/ Miller/ Og Okoronkwo.

ER Benton Whitley is the quickest & twitchiest of all the ER's on the roster but he has Zero wraps and zero tacks skills. I would sign him to the PS & get him hours a day learning how to get the ball carrier or ball thrower down.
When Thomas strongly set the edge he won that battle over Garrett.
I think the Rams have pass rush with Floyd, Hollins and Wagner. Of course Lewis is there too. Having someone there who can set the edge is meaningful....if thats comes with pass rush so be it. I really liked what I saw of Thomas. I am excited he made the roster.
Love the idea of getting Whitley on the PS and work on his weaknesses.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Also a lot of down field tackles like Laurinitis. ILB making tackles 5-6 yards downfield.
I’m hoping he was picked for his special teams prowess rather than his ability to start at ILB. He can wrap and tackle so he should excel on ST.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What happened to Rozeboom at LB ?
Was there ever a doubt. Don’t think I heard his name once ?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Also a lot of down field tackles like Laurinitis. ILB making tackles 5-6 yards downfield.
Isn't that a symptom of a lack of good run defense by the rest of the front 7?

A MLB who makes a lot of tackles 5-7 yards beyond the LOS is still putting himself in position to limit the gain as much as possible.
Defense is very much a team sport and if Laurinaitis was shooting gaps trying to make "impact'" or "notice me" plays on an otherwise undisciplined and talent deficient defense, you'd have far worse rushing and scoring defense and a lot more safeties making tackles 10 -15 yards downfield.

The dude lacked elite athleticism but as long as he could suit up, he gave the Rams all he could and it's just an easy way to lay the blame of systemic defensive deficiencies on the one guy who was there to take the down the ball carrier.
Will Witherspoon, Alec Ogletree, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Dexter Coakley - all of those guys (basically every Rams ILB since London Fletcher) were just as incapable of stopping the run at the LOS, irregardless of their level or athleticism or the scheme.

Laurinaitis was never at all special, but he was a solid pro who represented the Rams well.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
And, of course, Laurence McCutcheon was the first Ram to throw a TD pass in the Super Bowl, a feat that would not be accomplished again for 20 years.
Yeah that was a surprise when it happened. The Rams really didn't use a lot of gadget plays back then but it was certainly a welcome surprise. And to little known WR Ron Smith too. His 2nd big catch of the postseason and with a defender on him in close coverage. Comes up with the great catch. Then he disappears later in his career. But yeah I wasn't used to seeing daring plays like that from the Rams unless it was Cromwell on the fake FGs.