Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm guessing Bobby Evans makes it because he has game experience, knows the line calls, other O linemen know his game style and its not that big of drop off to the next guy.

The OL will be fine. I hope Brewer, Kolone and Acuri make the PS. I doubt they all do, OL is a hot commodity in the NFL.
What Bobby Evans has to offer........had to be highly valued by Carberry is

#1- 3 yrs of past NFL experience. The fact that he has played in the NFL @ all four OL posts. Most of his offensive snaps were @ OT. All of BE's preseason snaps this season have been @ RT. Clearly, the Rams/Carberry see BE primarily as an OT with a very light amount of OG regular season snaps too. BE's past performance snaps @ OG were deplorable in comparison to his past offensive snaps @ OT.

#2- Another positive going for BE is his ability to remain injury free for 3 NFL seasons.

3rd season OT/OG Tremayne Anchrum has Zero snaps with the Rams offense NO Experience but has been active for approx 12 games out of 39 possible games. TA was injured in last season preseason. I see that previous injury lurking in the minds of the Rams, that helped BE make this roster. 2nd yr OT Alaric Jackson only has 61 snaps with this offense in 2021 so he also has very little experience to be offered up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAh5sY4fyD4

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Does the Hardy designation mean a roster spot opens up once that happens and we can either promote or pickup someone to our 53?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does the Hardy designation mean a roster spot opens up once that happens and we can either promote or pickup someone to our 53?
It does indeed. The designation just has to officially occur first (and couldn't happen until the cuts had been formally made).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Likely he gets moved to IR tomorrow and they move resign maybe Garrett?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It does indeed. The designation just has to officially occur first (and couldn't happen until the cuts had been formally made).
Yes but the players released today (with a few veteran exceptions) must pass through waivers.

I'm going to guess Chris Garrett if he is not claimed.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but the players released today (with a few veteran exceptions) must pass through waivers.

I'm going to guess Chris Garrett if he is not claimed.
100% correct; and my guess as well!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought Pircher's special status as an international player would exempt him from being cut ?
That's what I thought as well. I think he goes to the practice squad, can't be poached, and doesn't count against the limit.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What Bobby Evans has to offer........had to be highly valued by Carberry is

Guessing the Rams want/hope to bring back 3 or even 4 OL released today for their Practice Squad.

However, are there any OL released today intrigue you?

I'm a little intrigued by Blake Hance and Max Scharping.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what I thought as well. I think he goes to the practice squad, can't be poached, and doesn't count against the limit.
I posted the rule yesterday or the day before. If they don't make the 53 they're waived and eligible for other teams to sign. If they clear waivers their initial team can bring them back as an exempted PS spot. That lasts until they are either claimed by another team or moved to the 53 man roster.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I think the Lance McCutcheon over Jacob Harris is the story of camp/preseason. You have to be impressed with an undrafted rookie who comes in and beats out a guy who we invested a 4th round pick on just a year ago.

Keir Thomas is another story you have to like. Transferred to FSU, has a good year, not at the Combine, had a good pro day, goes undrafted, and fights his way onto a roster (for now, perhaps, but he's still in the game).

Will either of these guys see any meaningful snaps this year? Who knows? Did anyone expect to get hero moments from the likes of Kendall Blanton or Brycen Hopkins?

Give me guys with heart and passion who work hard to be ready when the moment comes. You never know when you might need them.

Tano

Legend
Why don't people listen more closely to you!?!
say it what GIF by Matt Crabbs