Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Definitely started that way , but comments like "well that defeats your whole argument so thanks for that" comes off as backhanded and sarcastic. But no matter. I'll see you around. I'm sure the will be much better talks.
Get a room guys!!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My response was very simple. Kevin O'Connell was thrown out like trash in Washington but came here and built a rep worthy of being a coach. So kliff failing in Arizona isn't a death sentence as a potential offensive coordinator. You were just too busy being upset about nothing. Or maybe your ability to understand anything that isn't spelled out for you is too hard and so you label it as "childish". But unlike some I'm not lonely enough to pick fights on the internet. Have a good year. Go Rams.
Get your panties out of a wad Karen I just asked why you thought he would be a good hire and you got defensive.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d hate to lose Brown. But if it’s a HC job, then that’s fine by me due to the extra picks we get. OC job - heck no!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brown is an overrated creation of McVay association. Perfect hire for Houston.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brown is an overrated creation of McVay association. Perfect hire for Houston.
I'm not sure how you would even assess that. Hell, how many of us thought Zac Taylor was HC material? But I'm good with Houston hiring him as HC. That means we get a third round pick this year and next year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure how you would even assess that. Hell, how many of us thought Zac Taylor was HC material? But I'm good with Houston hiring him as HC. That means we get a third round pick this year and next year.
I don't like his impact with the TE room this year.

I don't like that he didn't steer this team to adding a backup to Akers, allowing them to go forward with the same group that had let us down every time we relied on them.

To date the only big impact he has shown was this season in going back to the RB group. He did a fine job there with Akers in unfucking Samples' impact.

But this talk of him as a head coach is silly. I think standards on what constitutes a head coach candidate have slipped badly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee had his career high in receptions with 72, breaking his previous record of 69
While Hopkins also set his career high in receptions, hauling in 7 passes in breaking his record of 1

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In fairness, do we even know that yet?
With Burrow, 24-17-1. Without JB? 4-19
Yes, we know that. He led his team to a Super Bowl appearance last year, and they're 12-4 this year. The fact that he didn't fare well with shitty QBs is unimportant to me. I just watched McVay struggle mightily with shitty QBs. This is a QB-driven league.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But this talk of him as a head coach is silly. I think standards on what constitutes a head coach candidate have slipped badly.
Or you don't have the inside baseball here.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I don't like that he didn't steer this team to adding a backup to Akers, allowing them to go forward with the same group that had let us down every time we relied on them.

To date the only big impact he has shown was this season in going back to the RB group. He did a fine job there with Akers in unfucking Samples' impact.

Not pushing hard, either way… but maybe he was critical in rejuvenating the run game behind Michel last year?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe I don't. I was wrong with Zach, didn't think he was ready but at least he was a coordinator. Positional coach to head coach I consider way too big a jump.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe I don't. I was wrong with Zach, didn't think he was ready but at least he was a coordinator. Positional coach to head coach I consider way too big a jump.
Zac was the QB Coach when Cincy hired him. He had less experience as an offensive coordinator during his pre-HC career (2 years) than Thomas Brown currently does (3 years). And Brown has spent the past two years as Assistant HC.

Look, I have no idea if Brown will be a good HC or not. It's simply not possible for me to evaluate that. What I can say is that I understand why there might be allure. He's a former NFL player who is clearly respected by the guys who play for him and by Sean McVay, whose opinion I expect carries a lot of weight around the NFL.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about a Jeff Saturday kind of bump?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. 2 years as an OC and position wise, coaching QB's does at least seem to be a closer path than someone who was merely a position coach.
That's only what we see however. What we dont see is what ultimately gets a guy hired, and that is his interview and plan. Look at the most underrated great coach, Mike Tomlin. Only 1 year as a DC, and wasnt even an impressive year, but in his interview he blew the Steelers away with his plan and now he's 16 years as a Head Coach without ever having a losing season. Its truly incredible.
So who knows? Brown could be one of those guys too, he could blow away a team with his overall plan, we dont know.