Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Would you guys consider frank to be more of an offensive or defensive mind?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Right call. The staff didn't develop players this year as well as past staffs have. Time for a shake up.

This could possibly be a thread unto itself. Developing players is critical for this team if they are to remain contenders. They have traded most of their early picks over the last several years (all of their 1rsts), but have loaded up on day 3 guys. I’m not saying the Rams haven’t developed anybody, but they are going to need a high success rate with the last couple drafts and the next couple moving forward. They have spent a lotta draft capital and even more $$ to put together the SB winning team and now they have to do it a different way to get the next one.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wish him and Pleasant were still here.
The Rams (Mcvay) were lucky to have such good DB coaches.

Mcvay’s coaching true may go down as one of the Best Ever(o).

I remember Belcheats list though & it’s hard to beat. In fact Les Snead is a little part of that in it’s own way.

Belacheats NE grade is very poor & but his record is amazing there.(poor division,look at Brady now).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Morris gets a HC job one name that's intriguing to me is Derrick Ansley. He's currently the DB coach for Staley and the squatters. In his second year at that position prior to that he was DB coach and DC for U of Tennessee. Also spent time as a DB coach for the Raiders, Alabama and Kentucky.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Would you guys consider frank to be more of an offensive or defensive mind?
He played QB for the Bills (wuh)?
I think of him as an excellent football mind(coach).IMO he lost the locker room some how & Matt Ryan declined big time.

If you want to talk the same talk? Here we go again with Raheem Morris. He was the HC when Matt Ryan was in Atlanta & on the Offensive side of the ball.
That is why with Matt Ryan having another season on contract IMO make Morris the perfect HC for 2 season & could build a nice foundation there.
My concern would be if he took Eric Henderson with him as maybe a DC?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Morris gets a HC job one name that's intriguing to me is Derrick Ansley. He's currently the DB coach for Staley and the squatters.
IMO, I believe that McVay will go with seasoned Coordinators to take more off his plate. Also if you were looking at Ansley as a possible DC, I would rather promote Eric Henderson, which is very possible if Morris leaves.

I also believe Vic Fangio could be in play, however, if Henderson is bumped up to DC, look for the Rams to bring back Marcus Dixon of the Denver Broncos to be his Defensive Line Coach as he assisted Henderson last season.

Last edited:

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
IMO, I believe that McVay will go with seasoned Coordinators to take more off his plate. Also if you were looking at Ansley as a possible DC, I would rather promote Eric Henderson, which is very possible is Morris leaves.

I also believe Vic Fangio could be in play, however, if Henderson is bumped up to DC, look for the Rams to bring back Marcus Dixon of the Denver Broncos to his Defensive Line Coach as he assisted Henderson last season.

Sounds like an excellent plan/idea!! Hope the Rams are listening to you!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not only are they not listening to him but I hear there are several people in the Rams' Organization have a Restraining Order against @den-the-coach.
Yeah, me and my good friend Kevin Demoff.
1673715200728.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, I believe that McVay will go with seasoned Coordinators to take more off his plate. Also if you were looking at Ansley as a possible DC, I would rather promote Eric Henderson, which is very possible if Morris leaves.

I also believe Vic Fangio could be in play, however, if Henderson is bumped up to DC, look for the Rams to bring back Marcus Dixon of the Denver Broncos to be his Defensive Line Coach as he assisted Henderson last season.
Henderson is also a very real possibility unlike everybody's pipe dream of Fangio and the offensive version of Calahan. Dixon also could decide to stick with Evero but would be a name to replace Henderson if he gets promoted, or travel with Henderson if it's not with the Rams.