Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to live in Maryland. When we hired Mcvay, Washington fans were disappointed that Gruden was kept instead of Mcvay. So I have to be careful with something so subjective. You call Gruden a success but Washington fans loathed him. I do think Reich got a bad end of a deal though.
How do Arizona, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and U of Houston fans feel about Klifford? Yeah you just defeated your own argument for him thanks for that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm ok with Kliff if he's under McVay. But if he's under some defensive head coach not so much.

Honestly re: McVay that's half the problem. He needs to find an OC who the owners hate so they can't hire away his guy every year. That has to be taxing as F.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do Arizona, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and U of Houston fans feel about Klifford? Yeah you just defeated your own argument for him thanks for that.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're acting like I said kliff was some messiah. I simply said I wouldn't mind seeing him as OC. You're the one holding up Jay gruden of all people as an example of success. If you're gonna be pretentious with your response then you can save it until you wake up on the right side of the bed. Not sure what's got all of you in such a tizzy.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some bad coaches make good coordinators. So why is Kliff a lousy coach a death sentence at coordinator? Was Wade Phillps bad as DC? Raheem? Staley is a better coordinator than a coach. And I'm basing my wanting Kliff on Mvcay wanting him in 2018 and speaking highly of him. Is that okay or do you have a dickish response to that?
You act like asking you to actually have something more than a childish response is somehow a problem.

I just wanted you to tell us why you thought he would be good other than the lame response you gave.

Is that dickish enough? If not I can come up with something.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You act like asking you to actually have something more than a childish response is somehow a problem.

I just wanted you to tell us why you thought he would be good other than the lame response you gave.

Is that dickish enough? If not I can come up with something.
My response was very simple. Kevin O'Connell was thrown out like trash in Washington but came here and built a rep worthy of being a coach. So kliff failing in Arizona isn't a death sentence as a potential offensive coordinator. You were just too busy being upset about nothing. Or maybe your ability to understand anything that isn't spelled out for you is too hard and so you label it as "childish". But unlike some I'm not lonely enough to pick fights on the internet. Have a good year. Go Rams.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My response was very simple. Kevin O'Connell was thrown out like trash in Washington but came here and built a rep worthy of being a coach. So kliff failing in Arizona isn't a death sentence as a potential offensive coordinator. You were just to busy being upset about nothing. Or maybe your ability to understand anything that isn't spelled out for you is too hard and so you label it as "childish". But unlike some I'm not lonely enough to pick fights on the internet. Have a good year. Go Rams.
Actually Kliff was almost a Ram,but he took the USC OC( coaching) job.Then he got the Arizona HC which was sort of a JOKE because he had just got fired from Texas Tech.
He seems to have a rare Offensive mind which he thinks outside the box a little?? Whatever his talents,he will land on his feet.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually Kliff was almost a Ram,but he took the USC OC( coaching) job.Then he got the Arizona HC which was sort of a JOKE because he had just got fired from Texas Tech.
He seems to have a rare Offensive mind which he thinks outside the box a little?? Whatever his talents,he will land on his feet.
Yeah I mean his offense was on fire last year and no one has ever doubted him as an offensive brain. And maybe the lesser role of just having to be an offensive coordinator could help.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I mean his offense was on fire last year and no one has ever doubted him as an offensive brain. And maybe the lesser role of just having to be an offensive coordinator could help.
Exactly- IMO he was in over his head & The NFC West is tough.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're acting like I said kliff was some messiah. I simply said I wouldn't mind seeing him as OC. You're the one holding up Jay gruden of all people as an example of success. If you're gonna be pretentious with your response then you can save it until you wake up on the right side of the bed. Not sure what's got all of you in such a tizzy.
You said you wouldn't mind him
I said he sucks would prefer two other guys
You said fans of one of those guys former teams hate him you wouldn't trust the hire
I point out that the fans of every team Kingsbury was at hate him so we can't trust him

Sorry I thought that was pretty obvious of a line in the discussion. I'm not in a tizzy, I'm not pissy I thought I was having a decent conversation with you no idea why you got so upset. I'm not being pretentious and I certainly didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I saw a funny turn in what was I thought a good back and forth on something that may never come to pass as either of us think will happen. You're the one that seems to have gotten upset so I'll drop it.

Have a nice night.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You said you wouldn't mind him
I said he sucks would prefer two other guys
You said fans of one of those guys former teams hate him you wouldn't trust the hire
I point out that the fans of every team Kingsbury was at hate him so we can't trust him

Sorry I thought that was pretty obvious of a line in the discussion. I'm not in a tizzy, I'm not pissy I thought I was having a decent conversation with you no idea why you got so upset. I'm not being pretentious and I certainly didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I saw a funny turn in what was I thought a good back and forth on something that may never come to pass as either of us think will happen. You're the one that seems to have gotten upset so I'll drop it.

Have a nice night.
Definitely started that way , but comments like "well that defeats your whole argument so thanks for that" comes off as backhanded and sarcastic. But no matter. I'll see you around. I'm sure the will be much better talks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely started that way , but comments like "well that defeats your whole argument so thanks for that" comes off as backhanded and sarcastic. But no matter. I'll see you around. I'm sure the will be much better talks.
Saying something sarcastic or funny is not me getting in a tizzy. Your reaction to said joke is getting in a tizzy. I never called you pretentious or anything of the sort you did that to me.I never applied any glorified title to Klifford or the others like Messsiah you chose to do that in another attack on me. If anybody got upset in this it was you and for no reason other than a backhanded joke that you countered your own point by using it against somebody else. You got upset not me, I'm already over it so again have a nice night.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right there with ya. I'm intrigued by it at least

You here all the rumors,but what Mcvay said & that Coehn is gone now makes it a possibility.

Then again how hungry is Kliff as well? He still is a young guy & his relationship with Mcvay will only make both coaches better & challenge themselves.

Belacheat is already committed to another season with NE. He has been the best. Mike Tomlin is amazing how he keeps his teams together. Mcvay & Raheem must envy him hugely.

Don’t know if Rams Fans remember when Fisher did the same thing after Denver lost & Mcdonald was on the market.Then The Rams were crap under him & fisher(Demoff) let him walk & he was the OC/QB coach for Brady to make a run in the playoffs that same season.
-You look at him & have to think if he has what it takes to be a NFL HC? Bringing in the right supporting cast?