Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams better be prepared to find a new DL coach in 2023.

The hire of DL Coach Henderson in 2019 was huge for the Rams to win the SB.

I fully expect Henderson to be a DC very soon when the season is concluded.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams better be prepared to find a new DL coach in 2023.

The hire of DL Coach Henderson in 2019 was huge for the Rams to win the SB.

I fully expect Henderson to be a DC very soon when the season is concluded.

I expect Henderson to be our new DC with Raheem Morris moving to another position (Assistant Head Coach) if he's kept on.

Psycho_X

Legend
Can we not turn this into a vent about the DC thread please :D

We're going to need a new RB coach.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1600154307885559809

Still wondering if Samples had a run in with our running backs. There seemed to be a lot of friction with Akers and Henderson to the point they had to bring Brown back as an assistant RB coach to calm the waters. All rumors at this point so who really knows but this doesn't surprise me.

Would also not be surprised to see Henderson go unless Morris manages to get a HC job somewhere and Henderson gets a promotion. Also curious if Coen sticks around after this season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would also be changes in the Secondary moving Chris Shula back to coaching OLB's and possibly bringing back Aubrey Pleasant as CB Coach and hiring a new safety coach too.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Would also not be surprised to see Henderson go unless Morris manages to get a HC job somewhere and Henderson gets a promotion. Also curious if Coen sticks around after this season.
IMO, I believe Coen will be heading back to Lexington as they want him to come back very bad and that might be a good move for him. Then McVay will either promote Greg Olson to OC and hire on someone else too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I expect Henderson to be our new DC with Raheem Morris moving to another position (Assistant Head Coach) if he's kept on.
If this were to occur it would be a very good decision...I believe that Henderson would move this 2023 defensive to a 43 based on the diverse good DL he has coached up. He has much more experience & talent for a 43-D lineup.

The Rams are depleted of true 34 OLB'ers & Snead has had & is having a terrible time finding talented true OLB'ers in the draft or in free agency.
IMO, I believe Coen will be heading back to Lexington as they want him to come back very bad and that might be a good move for him. Then McVay will either promote Greg Olson to OC and hire on someone else too.
Is Offensive Assistant Jake Penzt departing to NCAA? What about Jay Gruden Rams Offensive consultant?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not upset about the HB Coach leaving. Move Thomas Brown back to that spot. I'd like for us to bring Aubrey Pleasant back too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still wondering if Samples had a run in with our running backs. There seemed to be a lot of friction with Akers and Henderson to the point they had to bring Brown back as an assistant RB coach to calm the waters. All rumors at this point so who really knows but this doesn't surprise me.

I think they both wanted to be the workhorse and McVay wanted a split. That’s my take on the earlie4 friction with Akers and what led Hendo to ask for his release.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would have liked to see him next year with a healthy OL. Judging him off this year seems hasty to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No comment on coaching changes.

I would just ask Sean to widen his comfort zone in regards to the playbook in terms of formations, personnel and attack philosophy. Andy Reid is still around and successful because he adapts well and is not slow to react.

JMO

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think they both wanted to be the workhorse and McVay wanted a split. That’s my take on the earlie4 friction with Akers and what led Hendo to ask for his release.
Blows my mind that 2 running backs who have never had a full season healthy are bitching about not being the main back....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Samples was out for sure, he is lucky he wasn't a midseason firing.. Brown back to RB makes sense, but I think I would fire him as well as the other coaches whose rooms underperformed like Shula.

Might be a lot of changes to the staff even if McVay sticks around, as the message can get lost over time due to familiarity. Plus this is a level that demands accountability and McVay needs to find a good run game coordinator. So we could see QB and WR room changes, maybe even OL.

Defensively changes at DB and DC are warranted. McVay prefers secondary knowledge with his DCs, but Henderson definitely deserves a look at DC.

Big changes ahead IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If this were to occur it would be a very good decision...I believe that Henderson would move this 2023 defensive back to a 43 Defense. He has much more experience & talent for a 43-D lineup.

Hpw do you know that McVay gives the DC a choice to change the defense?