Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If the Rams can get Reich at OC and then Vic Fangio at DC. While also getting 2 third round comp picks for Morris being hired as a HC then I’d be feeling really good about the Rams future.
This would be outstanding! We can hope!

I was not so sure what to think of Morris for a long time. Even now I go back and force. But I have come to conclusion, at best, he is good-but-not-great. He might get more heat than he deserves. But he also can definitely be improved upon. For compensation picks, we'd be nuts to not move on. That much should be pretty uncontroversial IMO.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This would be outstanding! We can hope!

I was not so sure what to think of Morris for a long time. Even now I go back and force. But I have come to conclusion, at best, he is good-but-not-great. He might get more heat than he deserves. But he also can definitely be improved upon. For compensation picks, we'd be nuts to not move on. That much should be pretty uncontroversial IMO.
Better if they got Eviro, imo..

That way they'll get more comp picks when Eviro becomes a HC.. which.. by all accounts.. he's on his way to .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Lafluer 's name is popping up alot the last few hours. How would y'all feel?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don’t see Reich coming here, TBH. He has his own offense, right? Not sure how that would work with McVay?
Well, WTH is ‘McVay’s Offense’ anymore, anyway?

Too many predictable 11 sets.

Too few 12 sets.

Struggles to run the ball consistently.

Depleted TE corps.

Tries to pass with crippled O against strong pass D teams and largely ignores running against same weak run D team (Packers, among others).

Has an inexplicable blowup with Akers that’s still a mystery.

Ignores Allen Robinson early on.

Ignores Atwell for a year and a half after drafting him over Creed Humphrey.

Allows Carberry to keep starting Evans when both Skura and Aboushi were available and after each had had 2 weeks to assimilate the playbook.

All the above were irrational decisions this year on Offense alone.

McVay NEEDS a seasoned and balanced OC/play caller.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What does a job like this pay?
Make It Rain Money GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You don’t know that.

He could become the Pop Warner of Thailand Football.

Now, don’t you feel silly?

You mean boy/girl time.That way he can show what a big guy he is. Showing if his true self?

Just wonder what a toll HardKnocks middle of the season helped him get fired?Wears on a team to be themselves.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sean McVay is planning to make staff changes, but Rams DC Raheem Morris is likely not one of them unless he gets hired away. And… I am starting to think that might not happen.

Denver most certainly wants an offense minded HC to spark with Wilson. Morris doesn’t feel like a serious option there.

The only other place he’s interviewing is the Colts. And… the Colts appear to be interviewing 100 people, LOL.

The Colts have interviewed 8 and still adding to it: Jeff Saturday, Colts Special Teams Coordinator Bubba Ventrone, Kansas City offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Denver defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions DC Aaron Glen, Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen and Rams DC Raheem Morris. It sounds like they will add other interviews from playoff teams still playing.

It doesn’t sound like Houston, Carolina, or Arizona have plans to interview Morris.

Maybe the Chargers and Cowboys have openings if they fail in the playoffs and ownership shakes things up?

I think Morris is back with the Rams.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I saw Eric Henderson is generating interest as a DC elsewhere. We absolutely cannot let him leave. He's an absolute stud.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Denver most certainly wants an offense minded HC to spark with Wilson. Morris doesn’t feel like a serious option there.
I agree, and seeing they denied Atlanta request to interview him for their DC, it seems pretty clear where they are headed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree, and seeing they denied Atlanta request to interview him for their DC, it seems pretty clear where they are headed.
Jim Harbaugh will be the next Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Payton won't take this job, but Harbaugh will and he will get the Broncos to run more with bully ball, encouraging Wilson to run more too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

The only other place he’s interviewing is the Colts. And… the Colts appear to be interviewing 100 people, LOL.

The Colts have interviewed 8 and still adding to it: Jeff Saturday, Colts Special Teams Coordinator Bubba Ventrone, Kansas City offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Denver defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions DC Aaron Glen, Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen and Rams DC Raheem Morris. It sounds like they will add other interviews from playoff teams still playing.

With that owner, the Colts will eventually end-up hiring and firing 8-10 of those guys.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With that owner, the Colts will eventually end-up hiring and firing 8-10 of those guys.
I actually believe Raheem Morris would be an excellent hire for the Colts as they've hired an Offensive Head Coach in Frank Reich & a Defensive Head Coach in Chuck Pagano, Morris provides them with a person who has been a HC before and is a unifier of men. Again I like his chances in Indianapolis.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I saw Eric Henderson is generating interest as a DC elsewhere. We absolutely cannot let him leave. He's an absolute stud.
Agreed. He is a guy you find a way to keep.