Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Reserve OL'ers are not heavily involved in Special teams other than one maybe on Field Goals.

The Free Agent 2022 element leans heavily on this 2021 OL makeup. This near-future OL (including the PS) will undergo some big changes as this season wears on. With Noteboom/ Corbett/ Allen & Shelton involved in FA'cy & the retirement of Whitworth will require solid decisions early on.

We know LT Noteboom is a must sign, he might already be considered the starting LT we just don't know yet. OC Shelton is trending to be the main cog @ OC next season so he is a must resign. Not having an upward trending reserve RG on the roster @ this time is NOT good & it is concerning.

I do not see the Rams paying Corbett $9 million annually unless they unload & trade RT Havenstein & replace him with Jackson/ Anchrum/ Evans or Pircher. That's why the Evans TC/ Preseason failure @ RG is so big. If the Rams keep Evans, then keep an eye on a possible Havenstein upcoming trade. Otherwise, why keep Evans?
Couldn't Hocker be a prospect? I mean.. it's not like Seattle knows what it's doing on the Oline.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Couldn't Hocker be a prospect? I mean.. it's not like Seattle knows what it's doing on the Oline.
I have no idea sure does not fit the past desires of McVay as far as his skill set but right now the Rams do need an RG backup. Lets hope so!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no idea sure does not fit the past desires of McVay as far as his skill set but right now the Rams do need an RG backup. Lets hope so!
It seems they've wanted to be bigger on the front.. he certainly fits the bill. And he's plenty athletic enough to do most things. We'll see if the Rams can coach him up!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It seems they've wanted to be bigger on the front.. he certainly fits the bill. And he's plenty athletic enough to do most things. We'll see if the Rams can coach him up!

Definitely like his size. (y)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Reserve OL'ers are not heavily involved in Special teams other than one maybe on Field Goals.

The Free Agent 2022 element leans heavily on this 2021 OL makeup. This near-future OL (including the PS) will undergo some big changes as this season wears on. With Noteboom/ Corbett/ Allen & Shelton involved in FA'cy & the retirement of Whitworth will require solid decisions early on.

We know LT Noteboom is a must sign, he might already be considered the starting LT we just don't know yet. OC Shelton is trending to be the main cog @ OC next season so he is a must resign. Not having an upward trending reserve RG on the roster @ this time is NOT good & it is concerning.

I do not see the Rams paying Corbett $9 million annually unless they unload & trade RT Havenstein & replace him with Jackson/ Anchrum/ Evans or Pircher. That's why the Evans TC/ Preseason failure @ RG is so big. If the Rams keep Evans, then keep an eye on a possible Havenstein upcoming trade. Otherwise, why keep Evans?
I won’t think Havenstien will be traded.I think his body of work will speak for itself. As far as Bobby Evans,I’ll just say I will take the wait & see approach,but you did sort of answer RG question by The Rams signing on the practice squad.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One thing about guys like Scott and many others that the Rams draft... they seem to be guys who really, really care about football and seem to have their professional priorities straight.
Scott's a freak athlete with a great work ethic and incredible enthusiasm for football... of course he was going to work hard to be more than just a ST guy.
The "football character" on this team seems to be a big thing, imo. Really big.
Agree. Earnest Jones will be that kind of a player.The reason why Bryce Hopkins made the team was how he took to special teams. I yelled & gave him crap at training camp.Tryied to light a fire under him. Harris played a big role in how to go about your business.I’m sure it was deeper than that as well. He will be a guy we will see make some really nice special teams tackles on Punts.Blocking for FG’s as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams Practice Squad: What Are They Getting in OL Jared Hocker?​

The Rams offensive line was one area of the team many expected to be addressed this offseason. However, that wasn't exactly the case.

The Rams made nine selections in the 2021 NFL Draft, even trading back to add additional picks, yet they refrained from drafting an offensive lineman.

The current state of the starting offensive line is one that is sufficient. Although, their depth could be put into question if any of the starters go down at some point throughout the year.

This week, teams made roster cuts to reach the initial 53-man roster. Following a flurry of players released came the waiver period, which then resulted in teams signing players to their practice squad.

On Thursday, the Rams added offensive guard Jared Hocker to their practice squad. Before heading to Los Angeles, he spent training camp as a member of the Seattle Seahawks prior to being waived on Tuesday's cutdown day.

At 6-6 and 327 pounds, Hocker has a sturdy frame with profound strength. In his final collegiate season at Texas A&M, Hocker started all 10 games at right guard, registering 667 offensive snaps. Being an anchor from the interior, Hocker was named a finalist for the Joe Moore Award — given to the nation's most outstanding offensive line unit. The Aggies' offensive line ranked No. 1 in the SEC in sacks allowed (0.7) and yards per carry (5.45).

Hocker will presumably stay put on the practice squad at least initially, but he does bring a flare in his playing style that will encourage the coaching staff. Perhaps he may be a work in progress as a player who can one day evolve into an NFL-caliber swing guard.

View: https://twitter.com/aggiefootball/status/1387459848477057028?s=21

View: https://twitter.com/benfennell_nfl/status/1341895966492917761?s=21

View: https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1335313600790073347?s=21

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I won’t think Havenstien will be traded.I think his body of work will speak for itself. As far as Bobby Evans,I’ll just say I will take the wait & see approach,but you did sort of answer RG question by The Rams signing on the practice squad.
So does that near $9 million price tag.

If there is an issue at RT and Evans is a Ram then he would sure get the call to start. Evans can perform well in this post. Evans will also come cheapest around 8 million less than Hav! Thats seriously big cap funds saved.

Rams desire and pay LT's well. They will pay dearly for Noteboom too. They will be still looking for a starter at RG and OC. Is Hav's pass blocking protection for Stafford that much superior?

Members here think highly of Evans run blocking.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I'm actually starting to sour on Evans, he looks out of shape and never seems ready. Right from the first play against the Broncos, he whiffed badly and although there are a few good run blocks, it's far a few between. IMO, Noteboom won't cost that much and if he does, I believe the Rams will go in another direction. In fact, you might see a few extensions during the season in Allen & Noteboom.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Get to know the Rams practice squad offensive lineman​

These players could develop into key pieces for the team’s future

The Los Angeles Rams rounded out their 53-man roster this week and decided to keep ten offensive lineman. Four offensive lineman were waived, but three were brought back onto the practice squad. This is including Max Pircher who does not count against the practice squad roster number according to the international player pathway program. The only offensive lineman the Rams elected to not bring back was guard Jordan Meredith who was impressive in pass protection in the preseason.

Just in case you might not know much about the current offensive lineman on the practice squad, here’s everything you need to know starting with the newest addition who was just brought in after being waived by the Seattle Seahawks.

Jared Hocker, Guard

Hocker is a 6-6 327 lb offensive lineman out of Texas A&M University who went undrafted. He fits the mold of the type of lineman the Rams are trying to transition to, big-bodied who excels in the run game. He was a three-year starter who started 10 games at right guard in 2020 and is highly regarded by his teammates as being a good leader. I know being undrafted and released by the Seahawks doesn't sound promising but he has the physical tools to develop into a solid player. He needs to work at having quicker feet but he’s an absolute mauler. I thought this was a great addition for the LA Rams practice squad. Nfl.com listed his strengths and here were a few that are notable:

• Fits into down-block with enough force to move opponent
  • Able to pull across formation, find target and secure block
  • Upper-body power and core strength to stall bull-rush tries
One thing that I saw from Hocker was his tenacity to not give up on a play, he drives through his opponent until the whistle.

Jeremiah Kolone, Guard

Kolone is a 6-3 308 lb OG who has been with the LA Rams since 2018 but has been waived and brought back a few times. For the Rams to keep bringing him back, they must see something they like from him. During his time at San Jose State, he was a four-year starter at left guard receiving two-time honorable mentions in the all-mountain west conference. He started 36 consecutive games for the Spartans as he proved to be an extremely reliable player who doesn't often miss games. He even played in the AAF for the San Diego Fleet where he allowed 0 sacks.

Chandler Brewer, Tackle

A four-year starter at Middle Tennessee University, Brewer is a 6-6 320 lb offensive lineman who has versatility at guard and tackle. As a captain in 2018, he earned first-team all-conference USA honors as he allowed just two sacks in over 450 pass attempts. As a senior Chandler was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma during the summer and had to undergo radiation treatment in-between games. Understandably due to covid-19, he was the team’s only opt-out in the 2020 season. Brewer wasn't a surprise cut but I'm sure the front office is excited to have him back after clearing waivers as they have stated their excitement about him in the past.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to the article above besides the acquisition of Hocker we know the others and I offer this breakdown.

Jared Hocker.... He's big and I have to believe to this point his greatest asset is run blocking. Need to develop pass blocking techniques, but down the road, he could be he future backup RG in 2022.

Jeremiah Kolone....Jeremiah was a bullfrog a good friend of mine. Well, Kolone must be a good friend of somebody's because he keeps coming back to the Rams. Kolone is nothing special IMO, besides that he can play center, but I was never overly impressed by him and although he's listed at 6-3 316lbs, he plays much smaller. Again, I believe he was added because of his ability to play Center, would have really preferred someone else because we know what we have in Kolone, with not much upside.

Chandler Brewer...Still hold out some hope for Brewer as he did seem to improve each week in preseason, but after opting out because of COVID in 2020, it was obvious he regressed. Many felt Brewer had a golden opportunity to unseat Bobby Evans, plus McVay & Snead made a big deal about Brewer being like a draft choice that was coming back, well, he did not make the squad and one can only hope he will continue to shake the rust off from not playing any football in 2020.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Agree. Earnest Jones will be that kind of a player.The reason why Bryce Hopkins made the team was how he took to special teams. I yelled & gave him crap at training camp.Tryied to light a fire under him. Harris played a big role in how to go about your business.I’m sure it was deeper than that as well. He will be a guy we will see make some really nice special teams tackles on Punts.Blocking for FG’s as well.
I think the focus on Harris distorted people's perception of Hopkins in training camp, etc.

Spoiler alert.. they don't play the same position. And, based on reporting out there, I think it's obvious that his assigned task this offseason was to bulk up some and get better at playing in-line. He's a true backup TE, Harris isn't.

The distorted perception lead people to think that Blanton had somehow outperformed Hopkins in the preseason. I didn't see it. Besides their performances on offense, Hopkins made one huge ST play and I saw him in on others.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So does that near $9 million price tag.

If there is an issue at RT and Evans is a Ram then he would sure get the call to start. Evans can perform well in this post. Evans will also come cheapest around 8 million less than Hav! Thats seriously big cap funds saved.

Rams desire and pay LT's well. They will pay dearly for Noteboom too. They will be still looking for a starter at RG and OC. Is Hav's pass blocking protection for Stafford that much superior?

Seems obvious that Anchrum has passed Evans on the RT depth chart. Heck, Jackson may have as well.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
So was Jordan Meredith picked up by somebody else? Saw some potential with him, but he's not even on our practice squad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Seems obvious that Anchrum has passed Evans on the RT depth chart. Heck, Jackson may have as well.

I believe Alaric Jackson's entire college career had him at LT, and we saw him strictly at LT during our own pre-season games, so I'm not sure why some here have him ahead of others as our back-up RT unless he's been seen in training camp and/or at practice playing that position. I'm not saying that he won't or can't play RT, he may very well show an ability for it one day, but like Noteboom at RT, nobody's witnessed it yet. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I believe Alaric Jackson's entire college career had him at LT, and we saw him strictly at LT during our own pre-season games, so I'm not sure why some here have him ahead of others as our back-up RT unless he's been seen in training camp and/or at practice playing that position. I'm not saying that he won't or can't play RT, he may very well show an ability for it one day, but like Noteboom at RT, nobody's witnessed it yet. jmo.
100%.
But if Jackson beats out Evans to stay on the roster, you’d have to think he’d be considered a backup RT. Evans is still on the roster, but let’s see what happens when Shelton clears protocols.
By backup, in this case, I mean 3rd string.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
100%.
But if Jackson beats out Evans to stay on the roster, you’d have to think he’d be considered a backup RT. Evans is still on the roster, but let’s see what happens when Shelton clears protocols.
By backup, in this case, I mean 3rd string.

If Evans is cut in place of Shelton, my guess is that Anchrum would become the first man up behind Havenstein at RT, and should Anchrum prove unworthy or become injured, I'd think Brewer might be brought up from the practice squad before they try Jackson at RT. jmo.