Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Happened to me with Brian Allen, was very aggravated, but his turnaround plus his added strength has been amazing and I'm looking forward to that translating to success on gameday.
Cool - coachD” yeah-remember that.Total respect!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think there's a story here. Title it "Rams are moving to more power/duo based run game in 2021."

Meredith did look good in preseason. But he's not a masher like this guy is. This guy is a Herman Munster. It's an interesting PS move.
Yeah-will see,but a practice squad guy. Let’s talk about the O’Line roster .

we can talk about a new O’Line coach & him getting Covid? Whatever in my book.Just saying I’ll take a pass on your BIG picture.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Evidently, they must like this guy better than Meredith, seems both have the same aspirations as a swing OG/Center. Hocker is much bigger than Meredith, hope it works out for us and we have now gained a solid IOL developmental talent we so much need. jmo.
The Meredith situation will remain a mystery to me. I have the three preseason games recorded. I have worn them out reviewing what the OL unit did in those 3 gms. I know how well Meredith performed for a rookie in those games. I also know that Meredith must be pissed off @ the Rams too over being passed over by much poorer playing OL'ers. Yes, his size was a big negative but his effort & effectiveness was not. Time for me to delete his name from my small brain & move on.

Soooooglad to see them add an interior OL'er finally to work with our 7 OT's.:hug:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also know that Meredith must be pissed off @ the Rams too over being passed over by much poorer playing OL'ers. Yes, his size was a big negative but his effort & effectiveness was not. Time for me to delete his name from my small brain & move on.

Soooooglad to see them add an interior OL'er finally to work with our 7 OT's.:hug:

IDK, it could be that although he graded out well, the thought of him being effective against better competition was doubtful. I don't see how Meredith can be pissed off, when the Rams offered him an opportunity. Meredith did not play at a large program and he also did not start any of the preseason games to get full grade on him.

New OL Line Coach Kevin Carberry might feel differently about size and while I agree I would have probably cut Bobby Evans on the spot, there is a reason I'm not coaching anymore.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Meredith situation will remain a mystery to me. I have the three preseason games recorded. I have worn them out reviewing what the OL unit did in those 3 gms. I know how well Meredith performed for a rookie in those games. I also know that Meredith must be pissed off @ the Rams too over being passed over by much poorer playing OL'ers. Yes, his size was a big negative but his effort & effectiveness was not. Time for me to delete his name from my small brain & move on.

But the brass has so much more data than just the 3 preseason games. They are only a sliver of the evaluation process. So - maybe mystery solved?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They obviously hung on to Shelton and Anchrum and we'll find out soon enough if they've actually developed Allen.

Evans has managed to turn himself into a question?mark rather than a player who is a consensus strength.

Alaric Jackson - Iowa Hawkeye four-year starter with 42 games at left tackle, followed by a pretty damn good looking preseason. Check.
But the brass has so much more data than just the 3 preseason games. They are only a sliver of the evaluation process. So - maybe mystery solved?
The Rams have invested two complete seasons in the UDFA/WWC Coleman Shelton so they have a really good idea just where he is on his progression in mastering the skills & abilities needed to be a possible starter.

After the 3 preseason games gave me the first opportunity to observe closely what Shelton can do .....I was surprised & to some degree impressed. It's my belief that the preseason performance & most likely the TC period too was the main reason Meredith was cut. With CS available @ OC there was no real need for Meredith to take up a roster spot. CS being an RFA in March provides insurance for the UFA Brian Allen departure,

Even though Tremayne Anchrum is on the IR, indications are from preseason is moving to the interior to work on new skills for new positions. It's my belief once his knee returns to health, Carberry will have TA working hard to be the 3rd OG to protect Stafford later in this season & for TA to be ready to start next season @ RG. Once again with a healthy TA, there is no reason for Meredith @ reserve OG. Even though TA is only 6-1 5/8th tall he is a much bigger stronger OL'er than Meredith.

UDFA Rookie LT Alaric Jackson is a Snead GOLD NUGGET! Just needs to be cleaned up & polished for a season. So glad they decided to retain him on the roster. AJ along with Noteboom will be greatly needed to replace Andrew Whitworth next season. Having Noteboom & AJ preparing & working the LT post this season is vital to the future passing game for Staffold. Meredith does not help or assist in this vital post in any way.

I will save some of my positive remarks on Bobby Evans for a post later today. Thanks for reading!:fistbump1::)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So many Practice Squad players generate little-to-no interest for long-term success but Brooks could be interesting. Seems like more of a hybrid slot-corner / safety, similar to Burgess in skill-set. Steelers really liked him but for the inability to stay on the field (which is a big deal).

For a team that's only carrying four pure CBs, Brooks could be interesting down-the-road.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
So many Practice Squad players generate little-to-no interest for long-term success but Brooks could be interesting. Seems like more of a hybrid slot-corner / safety, similar to Burgess in skill-set. Steelers really liked him but for the inability to stay on the field (which is a big deal).

For a team that's only carrying four pure CBs, Brooks could be interesting down-the-road.
He was set to start before getting injured - on a good defense

This is a good read:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Very good move in getting Brooks a Nickel-Back onto the Practice Squad! This would look to be an area where the Rams secondary is weakest.

IMO, the Rams have some extraordinary Secondary Coaches, they lost a good one in Aubrey Pleasant (Lions) however, they promoted Safety Coach Ejiro Evero to Secondary Coach/Pass Game Coordinator & Jonathan Cooley from defensive assistant to Assistant Secondary Coach this pairing will be very strong as I see Cooley rising in the coaching ranks.

Brooks gets to work with the likes of Ramsey & Williams besides getting the tutelage from Evero & Cooley great opportunity for him and the Rams continue to develop young defensive backs. I look forward to the growth of Brooks as if he can grasp the defense quickly, would be another viable option as IMO, next man up is Kareem Orr shocked Deayon came back, seems he's always so close, but yet so far.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have invested two complete seasons in the UDFA/WWC Coleman Shelton so they have a really good idea just where he is on his progression in mastering the skills & abilities needed to be a possible starter.

After the 3 preseason games gave me the first opportunity to observe closely what Shelton can do .....I was surprised & to some degree impressed. It's my belief that the preseason performance & most likely the TC period too was the main reason Meredith was cut. With CS available @ OC there was no real need for Meredith to take up a roster spot. CS being an RFA in March provides insurance for the UFA Brian Allen departure,

Even though Tremayne Anchrum is on the IR, indications are from preseason is moving to the interior to work on new skills for new positions. It's my belief once his knee returns to health, Carberry will have TA working hard to be the 3rd OG to protect Stafford later in this season & for TA to be ready to start next season @ RG. Once again with a healthy TA, there is no reason for Meredith @ reserve OG. Even though TA is only 6-1 5/8th tall he is a much bigger stronger OL'er than Meredith.

UDFA Rookie LT Alaric Jackson is a Snead GOLD NUGGET! Just needs to be cleaned up & polished for a season. So glad they decided to retain him on the roster. AJ along with Noteboom will be greatly needed to replace Andrew Whitworth next season. Having Noteboom & AJ preparing & working the LT post this season is vital to the future passing game for Staffold. Meredith does not help or assist in this vital post in any way.

I will save some of my positive remarks on Bobby Evans for a post later today. Thanks for reading!:fistbump1::)
Right on Bonifay’d. I thought The Rams were only going to keep 8.I think they will work there practice squad magic.Last season The Rams moved players back & forth all season.They kept Brian Allen on the 53,but never suited him up on game days.Correct me if I’m wrong,but that is my belief.The other point I think when it comes to say AJ & Anchrum is they are preparing for 2022 when 4 OLineman become urFree agents.
I think The Rams have a new way of scouting when it comes to there roster this year.Like Scott a few seasons ago,they look for core special team players at position of need.Just helps add depth & those players surprise because they are usually true football players.
Ben Sko & Harris. Then also Funk as well.He might have stuck even though Mcvay said he would have only kept 3 RB’s.If Jones stayed healthy & out played Funk as a RB 3.
Will see next season,maybe Sony gets The Rams a nice comp pick & has a career year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Right on Bonifay’d. I thought The Rams were only going to keep 8.I think they will work there practice squad magic.Last season The Rams moved players back & forth all season.They kept Brian Allen on the 53,but never suited him up on game days.Correct me if I’m wrong,but that is my belief.The other point I think when it comes to say AJ & Anchrum is they are preparing for 2022 when 4 OLineman become urFree agents.
Reserve OL'ers are not heavily involved in Special teams other than one maybe on Field Goals.

The Free Agent 2022 element leans heavily on this 2021 OL makeup. This near-future OL (including the PS) will undergo some big changes as this season wears on. With Noteboom/ Corbett/ Allen & Shelton involved in FA'cy & the retirement of Whitworth will require solid decisions early on.

We know LT Noteboom is a must sign, he might already be considered the starting LT we just don't know yet. OC Shelton is trending to be the main cog @ OC next season so he is a must resign. Not having an upward trending reserve RG on the roster @ this time is NOT good & it is concerning.

I do not see the Rams paying Corbett $9 million annually unless they unload & trade RT Havenstein & replace him with Jackson/ Anchrum/ Evans or Pircher. That's why the Evans TC/ Preseason failure @ RG is so big. If the Rams keep Evans, then keep an eye on a possible Havenstein upcoming trade. Otherwise, why keep Evans?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think The Rams have a new way of scouting when it comes to there roster this year.Like Scott a few seasons ago,they look for core special team players at position of need.Just helps add depth & those players surprise because they are usually true football players.
Ben Sko & Harris. Then also Funk as well.He might have stuck even though Mcvay said he would have only kept 3 RB’s.If Jones stayed healthy & out played Funk as a RB 3.
Will see next season,maybe Sony gets The Rams a nice comp pick & has a career year.
One thing about guys like Scott and many others that the Rams draft... they seem to be guys who really, really care about football and seem to have their professional priorities straight.
Scott's a freak athlete with a great work ethic and incredible enthusiasm for football... of course he was going to work hard to be more than just a ST guy.
The "football character" on this team seems to be a big thing, imo. Really big.