Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Evans is cut in place of Shelton, my guess is that Anchrum would become the first man up behind Havenstein at RT, and should Anchrum prove unworthy or become injured, I'd think Brewer might be brought up from the practice squad before they try Jackson at RT. jmo.
Totally valid point.
I guess I just think it's easier to play RT than LT and don't see anything physical in him that suggests he couldn't get it done. I do understand that flipping sides isn't as easy as it sounds.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just rewatched the first few series against Broncos. Best things I can say about Jackson, with my very limited Oline knowledge, is that he seems to get into his pass pro sets quickly.. has nimble feet and is plenty big.
He did alright, imo, on passing plays. On one run to the right, Shelby Harris easily threw him off balance and to the ground.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I just rewatched the first few series against Broncos. Best things I can say about Jackson, with my very limited Oline knowledge, is that he seems to get into his pass pro sets quickly.. has nimble feet and is plenty big.
He did alright, imo, on passing plays. On one run to the right, Shelby Harris easily threw him off balance and to the ground.
A year in an NFL weight room and a yr of NFL coaching may do wonders if the kid is a hard worker. He just needs to get bigger & stronger. If he has it upstairs, unlike a Greg Robinson, he can be a solid starter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So does that near $9 million price tag.

If there is an issue at RT and Evans is a Ram then he would sure get the call to start. Evans can perform well in this post. Evans will also come cheapest around 8 million less than Hav! Thats seriously big cap funds saved.

Rams desire and pay LT's well. They will pay dearly for Noteboom too. They will be still looking for a starter at RG and OC. Is Hav's pass blocking protection for Stafford that much superior?

Members here think highly of Evans run blocking.
Bobby Evans I have a little different opinion on now.What I think about Rob Havenstien has changed as well.His price tag is actually not that bad compared to some teams.He only has another year left on his contract as well.He has worked hard & is a core team leader.
Mcvay builds team & players.The mild has been set.We’ll see how the season goes & what the salary cap looks like in 2022.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think the focus on Harris distorted people's perception of Hopkins in training camp, etc.

Spoiler alert.. they don't play the same position. And, based on reporting out there, I think it's obvious that his assigned task this offseason was to bulk up some and get better at playing in-line. He's a true backup TE, Harris isn't.

The distorted perception lead people to think that Blanton had somehow outperformed Hopkins in the preseason. I didn't see it. Besides their performances on offense, Hopkins made one huge ST play and I saw him in on others.
Well I don’t think Kendal Blanton was a mistake on out playing Hopkins.He was for almost all of training camp.
You’ll see imo that Blanton will make the 53 some how in 2021.
Hopkins really improved & not being able to see him in preseason made it hard to evaluate his play.To each his own how The Rams have decided on there roster.I think they have a top 5 team with a chance to win it all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bobby Evans I have a little different opinion on now.What I think about Rob Havenstien has changed as well.His price tag is actually not that bad compared to some teams.He only has another year left on his contract as well.He has worked hard & is a core team leader.
Mcvay builds team & players.The mild has been set.We’ll see how the season goes & what the salary cap looks like in 2022.
I do think highly of Hav and yes he is worthy of his contract. No argument from me.

What would be the 3 top differences?

McVay faces very significant salary cap ramifications how can you just dismiss them seriously?

Have you gave thought to how many young OT's the Rams have under contract?

Why so many OT's?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not so sure, but since I started having issues with Evans ref. all reports in camp on Evans and began to sense the trending downward of Evans performance and effort overall, plus my rants in preseason.....many have replied very kind on his worth to this OL unit.

Very good question you asked.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do think highly of Hav and yes he is worthy of his contract. No argument from me.

What would be the 3 top differences?

McVay faces very significant salary cap ramifications how can you just dismiss them seriously?

Have you gave thought to how many young OT's the Rams have under contract?

Why so many OT's?
I don’t see The Rams having that big of a contract problem.I’ve always been under the impression that The Rams have enough salary cap to even add a extra Free Agent lineman.
The reason to keeep so many Offensive lineman is to protect & develop them. Very simple answer.They also know which players have the most value around the league.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
WTF? Whats up with no news on Obo, Shelton, Rochell, Garrett?
I have been looking all over and found zero news. Is Coleman Shelton going to be back active for this Sunday's game? If not who will be the reserve center? Will Interior OL'er Jeremiah Kolone be brought up from the PS?

Just seems to me to be a blackout of updated Ram player news for some reason....what have I missed?

1631291531788.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been looking all over and found zero news. Is Coleman Shelton going to be back active for this Sunday's game? If not who will be the reserve center? Will Interior OL'er Jeremiah Kolone be brought up from the PS?

Just seems to me to be a blackout of updated Ram player news for some reason....what have I missed?

View attachment 47838

McVay learned to ninja injuries from Belichick

Psycho_X

Legend

View attachment 47838

Shelton was added to the active roster earlier. Garrett I thought they all but officially said he was out this weekend as a covid designation. So assuming Shelton is taking Garrett's spot for at least week 1.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Shelton was added to the active roster earlier. Garrett I thought they all but officially said he was out this weekend as a covid designation. So assuming Shelton is taking Garrett's spot for at least week 1.
Thanks, Psycho you are a great Ram bud!

Do you know the date on which Shelton became active to practice?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Noteboom and Evans should be the game-day active starting reserves, would be my guess. They'd have every tackle and guard position covered.

Corbett sliding over to Center if need be.

I'm sending all the good energy I can muster up over to Brian Allen to make All Pro this year.

I think we're set this year.
Whitworth will be fine and will probably want to play another year after we win the Superbowl.

Whitworth Evans Corbett Havenstein are very solid and no reason to think they won't be.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He didn’t get the vaccine,so know he is a higher risk & under a tougher protocol.
Coleman sucks anyways Imo.If anyone think he is the backup Center I also say,not so fast.Corbett can play center if Brian Allen was to go down during a game.Still if that was to happen then you’d see Coleman in the game day roster.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Noteboom and Evans should be the game-day active starting reserves, would be my guess. They'd have every tackle and guard position covered.

Corbett sliding over to Center if need be.

I'm sending all the good energy I can muster up over to Brian Allen to make All Pro this year.

I think we're set this year.
Whitworth will be fine and will probably want to play another year after we win the Superbowl.

Whitworth Evans Corbett Havenstein are very solid and no reason to think they won't be.
I really don't think the Rams offense wants to see Evans involved in the offense @ RG with Corbett @ OC if there was an event that required a replacement of Brian Allen due to injury.

Carberry utilized Evans the entire preseason @ one post...RG.

Noteboom is the Ram's best reserve OT by a fair degree. I need to remember also that Whitworth has plenty of starting experience @ LG in his first 3 yrs in the NFL plus David Edwards has started many NFL games @ RG.