Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hocker Report...

They called him a good back up w/ potential to start when he was coming out of college.

Stud power run blocker, with lateral quickness issues in regards to pass blocking

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That Hocker is a big boy and had an excellent RAS. Short arms, so he’s staying inside. Excellent PS type,

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Not sure this needs its own thread - but Rams also snagged a new coach

View: https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1433510379032743950?s=21

Recruiting coordinator (previously)? Do we think he's coming in for his recruiting/talent eval skills or his activity/people coordinating skills? Obviously we don't recruit, except of FA, but you have to identify people to recruit right? Maybe he wants him to help evaluate the roster. Or he could be there to help coordinate McVay's day, keep things on track, etc.

Either way, interesting hire. Can't have too many assistant coaches.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure, maybe the Rams felt differently. Meredith lacked size and played more Center at Western Kentucky then Guard.
It’s always been funny to me how fans jump on board with certain players & disrespect others.I know I get caught up in this practice at times.Seems like a player produces bad game film & that is the end all.
Bobby Evans got some very much needed live action. I believe he has improved. Was down on Hopkins & Young,but both players have stepped it up.
I try to turn the page,but like to call players out as well when needed.
Really liked the way the roster played out. Thought Lawler would have been kept or an extra CB than a extra O’Lineman.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Memphis Ram

Legend
He is a Guard, played for Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M and they run a similar power/inside zone-based run scheme so I like this addition.

Interesting tidbit from pre-draft interview.

JM: You’ve been exposed to several different schemes and concepts. You’ve played a lot of right guard at Texas A&M but you’re a versatile guy. Where do you see yourself playing at the next level?

JH: I see myself playing right guard or left guard. I played some left guard during my sophomore season here. I feel pretty confident as a guard no matter which side I’m playing on.

I’ve been working on my ability to play the center position as well. That’s how I’ve been training up here in California throughout this predraft process. I’ve had guys like former NFL player Jesse Sapolu helping me with that. That’s something I want to be able to do at the next level.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting tidbit from pre-draft interview.

JM: You’ve been exposed to several different schemes and concepts. You’ve played a lot of right guard at Texas A&M but you’re a versatile guy. Where do you see yourself playing at the next level?

JH: I see myself playing right guard or left guard. I played some left guard during my sophomore season here. I feel pretty confident as a guard no matter which side I’m playing on.

I’ve been working on my ability to play the center position as well. That’s how I’ve been training up here in California throughout this predraft process. I’ve had guys like former NFL player Jesse Sapolu helping me with that. That’s something I want to be able to do at the next level.

Evidently, they must like this guy better than Meredith, seems both have the same aspirations as a swing OG/Center. Hocker is much bigger than Meredith, hope it works out for us and we have now gained a solid IOL developmental talent we so much need. jmo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It’s always been funny to me how fans jump on board with certain players & disrespect others.I know I get caught up in this practice at times.Seems like a player produces bad game film & that is the end all.
Bobby Evans got some very much needed live action. I believe he has improved. Was down on Hopkins & Young,but both players have stepped it up.
I try to turn the page,but like to call players out as well when needed.
Really liked the way the roster played out. Thought Lawler would have been kept or an extra CB than a extra O’Lineman.
Happened to me with Brian Allen, was very aggravated, but his turnaround plus his added strength has been amazing and I'm looking forward to that translating to success on gameday.

Stump23

Rookie
What happened to our 69th pick Dirk Diggler? Did he retire to move on to another career? Was rooting for that guy!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is a Guard, played for Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M and they run a similar power/inside zone-based run scheme so I like this addition.

What happened to Meredith who everyone was so high on.
I think there's a story here. Title it "Rams are moving to more power/duo based run game in 2021."

Meredith did look good in preseason. But he's not a masher like this guy is. This guy is a Herman Munster. It's an interesting PS move.

sloramfan

Starter
nice post/vid of the kids reaction by psycho...

it's what you hope for at game speed from o-line play...

i think i watched it 10 times...

telling part of knowing a good football player when you see one. was the "i said not today mofo" attitude, when the linebacker tried to get back up after the pancake... got me laffin my ass off....

sign him...

go rams

slo

Last edited: