Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really don't think the Rams offense wants to see Evans involved in the offense @ RG with Corbett @ OC if there was an event that required a replacement of Brian Allen due to injury.

Carberry utilized Evans the entire preseason @ one post...RG.

Noteboom is the Ram's best reserve OT by a fair degree. I need to remember also that Whitworth has plenty of starting experience @ LG in his first 3 yrs in the NFL plus David Edwards has started many NFL games @ RG.
Don’t get exactly what your saying,but will say with The Rams offensive line,I’ll let the cards fall as they do.Carberry is a guy that I think will help develop these younger guys better.I did not see ZaK Kromer at training camp.My eyes from a distance aren’t all that good.Did have glass though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Noteboom and Evans should be the game-day active starting reserves, would be my guess. They'd have every tackle and guard position covered.

Corbett sliding over to Center if need be.

I'm sending all the good energy I can muster up over to Brian Allen to make All Pro this year.

I think we're set this year.
Whitworth will be fine and will probably want to play another year after we win the Superbowl.

Whitworth Evans Corbett Havenstein are very solid and no reason to think they won't be.
Yeah - Bonifay’d was making a point,but mine is DAVID EDWARDS is probably The Rams Best O”Lineman as far as 2022 under contract is concerned. Then again I’m not sure,might have to look at some photos? Doesn’t matter though the season is already here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Practice squad ? Love Raheem Morris.I went to 3 Chargers practices in a row before preseason. Then just saw Staley’s interview & he talked about how he didn’t know what he was doing as a Rams DC basically as some may have thought.Just saying that in so many words.I also liked where he is headed as a HC.He is a players coach & I like some of there players.My GF saw the DB’s which was my favorite group.Nice core group of players 5 plus deep.
Raheem Morris though was the PERFECT Fit.Timing was awesome & if he goes The Rams get draft picks.I’d say F” The Draft picks. He speaks fast & hard to understand how he has nicknames for like T.Lou & how much he likes what he brings to The Rams.
— Reason for post reply though was Justin Lawler should get some quality playing time Sunday Night?
Then also just hearing how Morris talks about his players is really cool.David Long & Williams are so much on the same page with J.RAMsey.D. Long is a player who just continues to work hard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don’t get exactly what your saying,but will say with The Rams offensive line,I’ll let the cards fall as they do.Carberry is a guy that I think will help develop these younger guys better.I did not see ZaK Kromer at training camp.My eyes from a distance aren’t all that good.Did have glass though.
Let me put it this way then..... the point is that when center Brian Allen last started in 2019 Kromer had designated Joseph Noteboom & Austin Blythe starting next to him & then went with Jamil Demby as the main swing OG reserve....we know that those Kromer OG's have not been successful in the NFL playing OG. Those 3 Kromer OG's sure did not help Allen either & it was one big pile of :crap:

The outstanding ROD'er @Soul Surfer had posted that Noteboom & Evans were most likely game day reserves. Now you are very aware of my negative opinion on both of those OL'ers playing the OG positions. I shared my concerns if Carberry was counting & banking on those two to assist Ram's new center Allen..... that decision appears to be close to the past 2019 Kromer mistake situation if there was an injury @ OG.

Since then I have learned that Interior OL'er Coleman Shelton has returned to active MR53 status. I feel a little better about the reserve OG situation.

You & I have big differences of opinion on the playing capabilities of OG Evans & IOL'er Shelton.....You are far more positive on Evans & highly negative on Shelton whereas I am the opposite.

Grats for being right on Evans though he did not get cut as I projected. My big hope .....that the reason for Evan's presence on the MR53 is because OL'er Tremayne Anchrum went on the IR & Coleman Shelton went on the Covid 19 reserve last week.

We will know more on how OL coach Carberry feels about his OL unit Sunday night when they announce the active 8 OL'ers. I am certain that Noteboom & Shelton will dress.....
1631394615538.png

or
1631394654423.png

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You & I have big differences of opinion on the playing capabilities of OG Evans & IOL'er Shelton.....You are far more positive on Evans & highly negative on Shelton whereas I am the opposite.

Yeah, I have lost confidence in Evans, Shelton improved each game in preseason, however, Bobby Evans continued to struggle, not sure about Evans and maybe Rams make a deal for an offensive lineman during the season and then release Evans.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, I have lost confidence in Evans, Shelton improved each game in preseason, however, Bobby Evans continued to struggle, not sure about Evans and maybe Rams make a deal for an offensive lineman during the season and then release Evans.
If there were a need for Evans to be the top reserve OT, then I might not be so negative on the fact that Evans taking up an MR53 spot that I know he did not earn in the preseason, however with four OT's Whitworth, Havenstein, Noteboom & Jackson on the MR53 & OT Tremayne Anchrum on the short term IR it would indicate to me that Carberry sees Evans as an OG not OT at this point.

Do you think I have wandered off in the wrong direction here den?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I was almost positive that the Rams would pick up somebody's offensive line prospect for the practice squad after final cuts, but not so far.

Edit; I did forget about Jared Hocker. Actually a pretty good prospect.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was almost positive that the Rams would pick up somebody's offensive line prospect for the practice squad after final cuts, but not so far.
Rams did pick up WWC & ex Seahawk Jared Hocker on September 2nd, who was a UDFA that signed a contract with Seattle back on May 15th of this year. He is considered primarily an OG but has done some OC work. Jared Hocker was a WWC for 3 days before he was claimed by Snead.

Rams have FOUR OL'ers on the Practice Squad now OC Kolone, OG Hocker, OT Max Pircher OT/OG Brewer.

The health status of two Ram OL'ers late last week of Tremayne Anchrum & Coleman Shelton might have caused some unsettled concerns for another new addition OL'er but having Coleman Shelton return to active status has settled down any of those concerns IMO.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I really don't think the Rams offense wants to see Evans involved in the offense @ RG with Corbett @ OC if there was an event that required a replacement of Brian Allen due to injury.

Carberry utilized Evans the entire preseason @ one post...RG.

Noteboom is the Ram's best reserve OT by a fair degree. I need to remember also that Whitworth has plenty of starting experience @ LG in his first 3 yrs in the NFL plus David Edwards has started many NFL games @ RG.
I think Evans will be the first offensive lineman if there's an interior injury and Noteboom will be the first offensive lineman utilized if there's a offensive tackle injury.

I'm not sure that they would want to risk Noteboom getting injured as a guard when he is so much more needed as a tackle.
Multiple injuries during a game are fairly rare, but as we know, it can happen.

To me, Shelton, if anything, is the third string emergency Center.
I would be surprised if he is even activated on game days, barring injuries to the starters.

I'm sticking with my theory that Evans is better than he looked in preseason and will raise his game ability to match his competition.

And of course, gauging his game based on playing with a bunch of second and third stringers and players that have been cut might not be the best evaluation for his abilities.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Evans will be the first offensive lineman if there's an interior injury and Noteboom will be the first offensibe lineman utilized if there's a offensive tackle injury.

I'm not sure that they would want to risk Noteboom getting injured as a guard when he is so much more needed as a tackle.
Multiple injuries during a game are fairly rare, but as we know, it can happen.

To me, Shelton, if anything, is the third string emergency Center.
I would be surprised if he is even activated on game days, barring injuries to the starters.

I'm sticking with my theory that Evans is better than he looked in preseason and will raise his game ability to match his competition.

And of course, gauging his game based on playing with a bunch of second and third stringers and players that have been cut might not be the best evaluation for his abilities.
I strongly agree with your Noteboom comments. I would not be surprised if Noteboom & Whitworth share the LT workload this season. Fact is, I expect it. For those here who have voiced that resigning Noteboom will not cost much......

Our Rams OL thoughts on Evans & Shelton are differing by a large amount. I would prefer that Evans's MR53 spot is taken by 2nd yr OL'er Anchrum when his knee has returned to full health.

I would think that Evans might then be "trade bait" for any team who ends up early needing a reserve swing OT or starting RT. This is where Evans's true value is.

I highly favor Snead trading Evans for a young OG/OC prospect who has earned his MR53 spot on another team through hard work & effort this off-season, TC & preseason, something Evans did not do.

The Detroit Lions just lost their starting OT Taylor Decker to injury in practice this week & the close ties between these two Orgs. might come into play @ OT here where Evans has real value. I wonder how Lion's QB feels right now?

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I strongly agree with your Noteboom comments. I would not be surprised if Noteboom & Whitworth share the LT workload this season. Fact is, I expect it.

Our Rams OL thoughts on Evans & Shelton are differing by a large amount. I would prefer that Evans's MR53 spot is taken by 2nd yr OL'er Anchrum when his knee has returned to full health.

I would think that Evans might then be "trade bait" for any team who ends up early needing a reserve swing OT or starting RT. This is where Evans's true value is.

I highly favor Snead trading Evans for a young OG/OC prospect who has earned his MR53 spot on another team through hard work & effort this off-season, TC & preseason, something Evans did not do.
Agreed that Evans did not earn anything in preseason.

However his body of work, when he was forced into the starting lineup, has to be taken into consideration.

While Shelton and Anchrum both have very good potential and have looked decent in spot duty;

Shelton has been with three teams and had 4 training camps and is still a fringe player. And that may be due to his borderline small size. Just like Blythe.
I hope the guy develops out but it's time to put some major draft pick action into the offensive line.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I strongly agree with your Noteboom comments. I would not be surprised if Noteboom & Whitworth share the LT workload this season. Fact is, I expect it. For those here who have voiced that resigning Noteboom will not cost much......

The Detroit Lions just lost their starting OT Taylor Decker to injury in practice this week & the close ties between these two Orgs. might come into play @ OT here where Evans has real value. I wonder how Lion's QB feels right now?

This is pure speculation, but I think Noteboom will be signed to 2-3 year prove it deal if we resign him.

oldnotdead

Legend
Shelton can play OG or Center in backup. I don't see any way he's not activated on gamedays. Noteboom is the obvious swing OT this year. IMO I think the surprise gameday acquisition will be Alaric. People overlook that he practiced at OG at the Senior Bowl and actually looked pretty good. He gives them both a swing OT and OG.

Corbett is an OG and emergency backup C this year. People made way too much of him at center in OTAs. Like I've always said that OTAs are where teams experiment with rotations, new combinations, etc. Corbett was showing the same issues that got him benched in Cleveland as a center and IMO Carberry finally got through to McVay when there was tape of it in TC.

The other aspect is why create two holes for one injury when you have a good option at backup C. The Rams have good depth at OT. Should either Whitworth or Noteboom go down they will have Noteboom as their primary reserve. Behind him they will have Jackson and behind him Anchrum to play RT.

This might not be an elite OL as that remains to be seen. But they have an elite QB behind them that will make them look better in pass protection as he won't be holding the ball. They were good enough to open holes for a run attack that generated well over 1200 yds last year. With the acquisition of Michel the talent at RB remains high so I actually see an overall increase in their run blocking. They should be improved in their execution under Carberry and I expect more than simple zone blocking from them.

Don't forget in Michel they have a true 3rd down RB who can run, catch and most of all pass block. Michel gives them a true short yardage RB as well. It's why I'm saying that Sony will allow McVay to use Henderson as he originally planned to with Akers. If Akers can return anywhere near to form, this Ram RB room will be the best in the NFL next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting thought. So much depends on Whitworth’s health.

If Whit misses games & Noteboom performs
I was under the impression that those two elements ( Whit missed 7 gms & JN did perform) had already occurred last season?:wow2::thinking::laugh1:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Shelton can play OG or Center in backup. I don't see any way he's not activated on gamedays. Noteboom is the obvious swing OT this year. IMO I think the surprise gameday acquisition will be Alaric. People overlook that he practiced at OG at the Senior Bowl and actually looked pretty good. He gives them both a swing OT and OG.

Corbett is an OG and emergency backup C this year. People made way too much of him at center in OTAs. Like I've always said that OTAs are where teams experiment with rotations, new combinations, etc. Corbett was showing the same issues that got him benched in Cleveland as a center and IMO Carberry finally got through to McVay when there was tape of it in TC.

The other aspect is why create two holes for one injury when you have a good option at backup C. The Rams have good depth at OT. Should either Whitworth or Noteboom go down they will have Noteboom as their primary reserve. Behind him they will have Jackson and behind him Anchrum to play RT.

This might not be an elite OL as that remains to be seen. But they have an elite QB behind them that will make them look better in pass protection as he won't be holding the ball. They were good enough to open holes for a run attack that generated well over 1200 yds last year. With the acquisition of Michel the talent at RB remains high so I actually see an overall increase in their run blocking. They should be improved in their execution under Carberry and I expect more than simple zone blocking from them.

Don't forget in Michel they have a true 3rd down RB who can run, catch and most of all pass block. Michel gives them a true short yardage RB as well. It's why I'm saying that Sony will allow McVay to use Henderson as he originally planned to with Akers. If Akers can return anywhere near to form, this Ram RB room will be the best in the NFL next year.
Snead sure loves senior bowl players! Jackson played mostly RT but yes he did get in snaps in practice & in the game @ OG. You might be onto something oldnotdead this has not been posted much on in here on Jackson @ OG. It's all about his LT TC & preseason action.

Here's some comments:

"but it's Alaric Jackson'ss arm length that causes him problems in pass protection in particular. With that relative lack of length, he can struggle to win the leverage battle against oncoming pass rushers".

"With edge rushers in the NFL tending to be bigger and more powerful, there is a feeling that Jackson might be best kicked inside to Guard – as former Iowa linemen Marshal Yanda and Brandon Scherff did successfully. He certainly has the attributes to be a good player inside with both good power and quickness as well as high levels of game awareness".

https://www.ukdraft.co.uk/senior-bowl-ones-to-watch-alaric-jackson-ot-iowa/

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1354825483591049217

oldnotdead

Legend
Jackson's strength is his run blocking. He's aggressive and mobile and appears to be able to execute on the second level. That is why I see him as a low-cost high-performance RT alternative to Rob Havenstein next year. Or they can kick him inside to RG and move Corbett back to LG where he excelled.

Alaric has dropped weight for a specific reason. He wanted to improve his quickness and speed to play RT. Arm length is an important metric but foot speed, i.e. quickness is more important. Havenstein has good length in terms of height and arm length at 6'7" and 33.75" respectively. But he gets beaten consistently by speed. Alaric has better quickness than Havenstein. If he continues to strengthen as I'm sure he will, he will be a good RT candidate next year. With Noteboom and Jackson as their starting OTs the Rams OL will be fine next year.

My case in point is Anchrum. He lacks the height but has both the arm length but more importantly the foot quickness to play RT as well as he does. Height and arm length don't mean much if the player is lacking the foot quickness to use his length. Havenstein is overrated and over paid. After watching Alaric, this kid has upsides lacking in Havenstein. I can see him playing either position on the right side next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jackson's strength is his run blocking. He's aggressive and mobile and appears to be able to execute on the second level. That is why I see him as a low-cost high-performance RT alternative to Rob Havenstein next year. Or they can kick him inside to RG and move Corbett back to LG where he excelled.

Alaric has dropped weight for a specific reason. He wanted to improve his quickness and speed to play RT. Arm length is an important metric but foot speed, i.e. quickness is more important. Havenstein has good length in terms of height and arm length at 6'7" and 33.75" respectively. But he gets beaten consistently by speed. Alaric has better quickness than Havenstein. If he continues to strengthen as I'm sure he will, he will be a good RT candidate next year. With Noteboom and Jackson as their starting OTs the Rams OL will be fine next year.

My case in point is Anchrum. He lacks the height but has both the arm length but more importantly the foot quickness to play RT as well as he does. Height and arm length don't mean much if the player is lacking the foot quickness to use his length. Havenstein is overrated and over paid. After watching Alaric, this kid has upsides lacking in Havenstein. I can see him playing either position on the right side next year.
Rams OL FA hit in March is a lurking big problem even if the forum tends to just dismiss it @ all times......Snead is a big gambler who wins more than he losses but IMO paying Hav a near $9 mil., the new resign of Corbett is sure to be over $9 million annually plus the cost of a starting LT is even higher when adding in Noteboom. And we have not mentioned Brian Allen, Coleman Shelton & the retirement of Whitworth. Something is going to have to give.

If Jackson continues to trend upward as he has thus far he could be looking @ 3 different starting posts in 2022 either @ LT, RG or RT.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It turns out Shelton, Noteboom and Evans were all three game day actives versus the Bears.

Of the three, I only noticed Shelton get any action on special teams.

But that's a good sign for him, (and the Rams) that he was active at all today.