Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams 2021 practice squad tracker​

Who will make it to LA’s practice squad?

By Kenneth Arthur
1630445636349.png

The Los Angeles Rams announced their final 53-man roster on Tuesday and had to make a lot of difficult cuts to get there. Head coach Sean McVay would like to keep a lot of the players who were released this week and get them on the practice squad, so we’ll keep track of the ones who return to the team right here.

As of this writing, we do not yet know who will be on the practice squad, but updates will go here soon.

These are the players who were released by the Los Angeles Rams this week, some of whom will end up on the 17-player practice squad. They will definitely retain offensive tackle Max Pircher, a part of the International Pathway Program, which means that he will not count against the 16-player limit that teams have for their practice squad.

Practice Squad candidates:

OLB Justin Lawler

WR Jeremiah Haydel

S Troy Warner

OL Jeremiah Kolone

OL Jordan Meredith

CB Donovan Olumba

CB Brontae Harris

WR Landon Akers

DL Eric Banks

ILB Christian Rozeboom

TE Kendall Blanton

ILB Micah Kiser

OL Max Pircher^

RB Otis Anderson

C Coleman Shelton

WR Trishton Jackson

WR J.J. Koski

CB Dont’e Deayon

DL Marquise Copeland

DL Earnest Brown IV

DE John Daka

CB Tyler Hall

DB Kareem Orr

S J.R. Reed?

LB Jake Gervase

The LA Rams will have a 16-player practice squad, with Pircher in addition to that as a 17th player on that unit. This is an expanded roster that will continue from 2020’s rule changes and can include up to four veteran players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Trishton Jackson and Earnest Brown IV are whom I'm really hoping make it through waivers. That probably means that they'll get snapped up by another team, but dammit, I can dream, right?

oldnotdead

Legend
Lawler doesn't have to clear waivers as he's a veteran. So I see him signing elsewhere on a 53 roster.

Brown should clear waivers and be signed to the PS. I think they realized in OTAs he was more of a project than they anticipated. Of all the picks this year he was the one I personally had the most reservations about. That said, I think they intentionally kept him in the background to get him through waivers and have a year to develop him on the PS. They obviously have a spot for him in mind though IMO that might have been taken by Jonah Williams.

T. Jack probably won't clear waivers. If I was Holmes I'd be putting a claim on him as he's better than what they have in Detroit. The same for Koski and it wouldn't surprise me if both don't end up there.

Akers might clear waivers and might be signed to the PS.

Meredith and Kolone are definitely PS type candidates and both should clear waivers.

I think Daka, Reed, and Hall all, could also end up on the PS.

As I've pointed out in other posts I think Anchrum will clear waivers when Shelton returns and be signed to the PS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will rank my top 5 Ram PS prospects:

#1- OC/OG Jordan Meredith
#2- OL Chandler Brewer
#3- OLB Justin Lawler
#4- ILB Christian Rozeboom
#5- WR JJ Koski

Snead will need to find some CB's & RB's to add to this roster.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Lawler doesn't have to clear waivers as he's a veteran. So I see him signing elsewhere on a 53 roster.
Don't think so. He only has 3 years in. Pretty sure it's 4 years. He will have to clear waivers so is still a chance for our PS

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't think so. He only has 3 years in. Pretty sure it's 4 years. He will have to clear waivers so is still a chance for our PS
OLB/DE Justin Lawler has only played one season in the NFL. That was back in his rookie season in 2018. Since that time he has been on the Injured Reserve. Out of 16 gms, he has only played 33 snaps.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
OLB/DE Justin Lawler has only played one season in the NFL. That was back in his rookie season in 2018. Since that time he has been on the Injured Reserve. Out of 16 gms, he has only played 33 snaps.
Very true Bon, but being on IR for the last 2 years counts towards his vested veteran status I believe.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very true Bon, but being on IR for the last 2 years counts towards his vested veteran status I believe.
Great question....he did get paid for 3 yrs ....$1,621,742.

POST-6/1 RELEASE 2021 has a Dead Cap of $18,437

Rams D is short on healthy OLB'ers. Lewis is walking on borrowed time. OLB'er Okoronkwo is a continual medical mess. Rams could use a healthy solid OLB'er. Lawler has yet to fit that description but he sure looked real healthy in the 2021 preseason. Very stout & steady!

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy Muther of Gawd….they didn’t sign @Loyal to the practice squad. Very disappointed in your so called pull with the team~ @CGI_Ram

fearsomefour

Legend

I will rank my top 5 Ram PS prospects:

#1- OC/OG Jordan Meredith
#2- OL Chandler Brewer
#3- OLB Justin Lawler
#4- ILB Christian Rozeboom
#5- WR JJ Koski

Snead will need to find some CB's & RB's to add to this roster.
I like this list. I like Koski a lot and fully expect him to be added.
Very good route runner.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That still only equals 3 complete yrs.

18', 19', & 20. 21' has not been played yet. After this yr he is a vested vet and will be a UFA.

Psycho_X

Legend
Trishton Jackson and Earnest Brown IV are whom I'm really hoping make it through waivers. That probably means that they'll get snapped up by another team, but dammit, I can dream, right?
Just have this feeling Detroit will claim Jackson. Their WRs suck.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

18', 19', & 20. 21' has not been played yet. After this yr he is a vested vet and will be a UFA.
Correct he can't be a vested vet since he's only been in the league three years, it requires four of time on the active roster to become vested. Though I think there was some deal reached with the union about last year and service time earned.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just have this feeling Detroit will claim Jackson. Their WRs suck.

Or they acquire Equanimeous St. Brown to pair with his brother? The Packers cut him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Correct he can't be a vested vet since he's only been in the league three years, it requires four of time on the active roster to become vested. Though I think there was some deal reached with the union about last year and service time earned.
The confusing thing is once the season starts, up until the trade deadline, all players then are subject to waivers.

I guess it prevents two GMs agreeing to cut a vet that the other team wants... This way all teams get a shot at an in season release.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams have enough receivers. I'd rather see Trish ton get his chance to start somewhere.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod

Yes that was my point. Another poster intimated he didn't have to clear waivers. He is not currently a vested veteran and must go through waivers was all I was highlighting.

oldnotdead

Legend
According to Cover the Cap Lawler has 3 accrued seasons which is how I view it.

The changes made for COVID have no restrictions on vets on the PS in terms of accrued seasons. That said the issue is Lawler's status in relationship to clearing waivers. Having 3 accured seasons exempts Lawler from having to clear waivers.

FYI, as long as the player is still being paid, being on IR or PUP still count towards seasons accrued. That's why I've said he doesn't have to clear waivers and can sign with anyone and probably will. Why sign on a PS when he can contend for an active roster spot somewhere else?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams cuts appear to be other teams riches. Kiser(most likely) Koski, Brown, Jackson(next likely), and Jones. IMO these guys will play downs in the NFL this season.