Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Here you go with your assumptions with The O’Line. First you have Anchrum over Havenstien & now you have him going on waivers.
heard Mcvay talk about Anchrum.He was like Whatch talking About Willis ?
You bring up some good points though. Just hard to react to such a ling post.

My original thoughts on the matter were before the cuts.

Now after the cuts I can see him either clearing waivers or being on an injury designation depending upon the severity of the his injury. My thoughts on the matter were based upon what the Rams normally do. There was no way to forecast they would keep 3 QBs. I doubt no one on this board knew that before TC. Hell even McVay has said that.

They have 2 guys to be added to the roster due to injury designations. Shelton is OL and when he returns that slot probably will come from the OL. Anchrum or Evans are the only ones who probably would be vulnerable to release. Anchrum's had issues during preseason particularly in his run blocking and his play at OG. Because of it and because most teams have their rosters pretty set, Anchrum probably would clear waivers. Teams claiming players must add them to their active 53. Perhaps you didn't notice but Evans is the only OG on the roster right now.

Circumstances change requiring adjustments in perspective. All I'm doing is offering my best guess as to what they will do. I've said from the beginning that Anchrum's best position would be inside as a OG or even Center and that hasn't changed. Carberry moving Anchrum inside in the last preseason game was telling as they want their backups to play OG or OT both as reserve players. The only reserve not doing that as far as I know has been Alaric Jackson who has strictly played OT.

The Rams are likely to have two new starters at both OT positions next year. Noteboom looks like Whitworth's replacement and Jackson could probably be Havenstein's. Rob's cap number is too large for his level of play. He's going to have to really step up his game this year to justify it. That isn't likely considering how long he's played. He currently is the 3rd highest player on the roster at $8.3 and next year as well, there is no way a guy who gives up as many sacks and pressures as he does should be paid that much. He will be 30 yrs old next year with a low deadcap. If the Rams keep him it's because they think he might garner a comp pick in the same way they are carrying SJD this year. But considering his age if his current level of play continues I doubt he would bring a pick worth the money.

Again that is my personal assessment of the situation. That is all any of us on a fan board can do. We offer our best guesses.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Now after the cuts I can see him either clearing waivers or being on an injury designation depending upon the severity of the his injury. My thoughts on the matter were based upon what the Rams normally do. There was no way to forecast they would keep 3 QBs. I doubt no one on this board knew that before TC. Hell even McVay has said that.

They have 2 guys to be added to the roster due to injury designations. Shelton is OL and when he returns that slot probably will come from the OL. Anchrum or Evans are the only ones who probably would be vulnerable to release. Anchrum's had issues during preseason particularly in his run blocking and his play at OG. Because of it and because most teams have their rosters pretty set, Anchrum probably would clear waivers. Teams claiming players must add them to their active 53. Perhaps you didn't notice but Evans is the only OG on the roster right now.

Circumstances change requiring adjustments in perspective. All I'm doing is offering my best guess as to what they will do. I've said from the beginning that Anchrum's best position would be inside as a OG or even Center and that hasn't changed. Carberry moving Anchrum inside in the last preseason game was telling as they want their backups to play OG or OT both as reserve players. The only reserve not doing that as far as I know has been Alaric Jackson who has strictly played OT.

The Rams are likely to have two new starters at both OT positions next year. Noteboom looks like Whitworth's replacement and Jackson could probably be Havenstein's. Rob's cap number is too large for his level of play. He's going to have to really step up his game this year to justify it. That isn't likely considering how long he's played. He currently is the 3rd highest player on the roster at $8.3 and next year as well, there is no way a guy who gives up as many sacks and pressures as he does should be paid that much. He will be 30 yrs old next year with a low deadcap. If the Rams keep him it's because they think he might garner a comp pick in the same way they are carrying SJD this year. But considering his age if his current level of play continues I doubt he would bring a pick worth the money.

Again that is my personal assessment of the situation. That is all any of us on a fan board can do. We offer our best guesses.
Interesting take & thoughts on the OL oldnotdead.

Do you really believe the Rams will go into 2022 in cutting a veteran 6 season starting RT after having lost your best starting OL'er to retirement? I understand that Rob Havenstein is our highest paid OL'er but his salary in 2022 is only $8.8 million. That move is very risky but it's possible. Your right Hav does give up way too many sacks.

One reason is the fact that Snead has overstocked his OL in OT's & deprived it of good interior prospects. So your belief might have merit. Has rookie Alaric Jackson played much RT in the preseason? I saw Tremayne Anchrum & Chandler Brewer getting all the snaps @ RT if I recall it correctly.

Why do you think OT Alaric Jackson would get the call to start @ RT in 2022 over Tremayne Anchrum?

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Do you really believe the Rams will go into 2022 in cutting a veteran 6 season starting RT after having lost your best starting OL'er to retirement? I understand that Rob Havenstein is our highest paid OL'er but his salary in 2022 is only $8.8 million. That move is very risky but it's possible. Your right Hav does give up way too many sacks.

One reason is the fact that Snead has overstocked his OL in OT's & deprived it of good interior prospects. So your belief might have merit. Has rookie Alaric Jackson played much RT in the preseason? I saw Tremayne Anchrum & Chandler Brewer getting all the snaps @ RT if I recall it correctly.

Why do you think OT Alaric Jackson would get the call to start @ RT in 2022 over Tremayne Anchrum?
The only scenario I see them cutting Hav next year is if they don't believe in Noteboom and Jackson at LT, or can't afford Noteboom at LT and have to pay a bunch of money to bring one in (although the market doesn't look great for next season LT FAs).
Like you say, Bonifay, I don't see them shaking things up more than they need to.

I am VERY interested in Jackson.. he showed a lot in preseason, imo. If that's just "scratching the surface" with that kid? Wow.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Not sure how you figure Havenstein will be replaced next year. He has a year left on his contract.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
OldNotDead has been down on Havenstein and Joseph-Day the entire off-season. He’s not a fan.

Now, to his credit, he has also been high on Reeder.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Because Anchrum is 6-2 and that is a handicap. Now I know he has long arms for that height, but I have to believe his long-term future is inside.

Of course they kept him at RT this preseason, abd they know a hell of a lot more than we do, so who knows. However, I never heard of a 6-2 OT in the last 20 plus yrs if not longer.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Because Anchrum is 6-2 and that is a handicap. Now I know he has long arms for that height, but I have to believe his long-term future is inside.

Of course they kept him at RT this preseason, abd they know a hell of a lot more than we do, so who knows. However, I never heard of a 6-2 OT in the last 20 plus yrs if not longer.
Certainly not a lot. Better have strength and technique; and long arms would help.

The Patriots’ LT Isaiah Wynn is only 6’2”. When he came out, I was hoping the Rams might draft him. Terrific college career but a lot of scouts thought he would have to kick inside because of his height.

New England took him in the first round; and, when healthy, he’s started at LT.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams signed OL Jared Hocker to their Practice Squad.

Big guy ... 6' 6" / 325 ... undrafted but some draft sites had a late-round-grade on him.

Believe he was with Seattle in the pre-season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams signed OL Jared Hocker to their Practice Squad.

Big guy ... 6' 6" / 325 ... undrafted but some draft sites had a late-round-grade on him.

Believe he was with Seattle in the pre-season.

He is a Guard, played for Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M and they run a similar power/inside zone-based run scheme so I like this addition.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Snead has overstocked his OL in OT's & deprived it of good interior prospects.
Well, In fairness to Snead, all of the players he has brought in are good. *prospects*.

Starting with Edwards and Corbett.

But you're right, past that we have no firm idea who will pan out into a game-day active, or future starter, or second string short-term starter.

They obviously hung on to Shelton and Anchrum and we'll find out soon enough if they've actually developed Allen.

Evans has managed to turn himself into a question?mark rather than a player who is a consensus strength.

Alaric Jackson - Iowa Hawkeye four-year starter with 42 games at left tackle, followed by a pretty damn good looking preseason. Check.

I feel only a little bit better about our offensive line versus off-season.

Because I don't think we are at all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I have no issues with Tremayne Anchrum being moved to primary swing OG this season. I think this would be a very good decision. The Rams OL would be better served into the future by it also.

Would appear that leg/knee injury Anchrum took in the Raiders gm has lingered to where he is headed to the IR.

Psycho_X

Legend
He is a Guard, played for Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M and they run a similar power/inside zone-based run scheme so I like this addition.
Agreed, love that pick up. He's a road grader but i'm guessing his ability in pass protection needs some development. A good guy to groom for a year if we can keep him on our PS that long.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What happened to Meredith who everyone was so high on.

Not sure, maybe the Rams felt differently. Meredith lacked size and played more Center at Western Kentucky then Guard.