Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate losing Trishton Jackson. Hopefully he gets a shot with someone.

It has got to be hard to leave a McVay offense… He would have been one injury away from getting called up.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh BTW Eric Banks is with the Chargers now. Staley grabbed him off the wire. I can see him getting signed to the 53 later in the year.

Remember KhaDarel Hodge? He got claimed by Detroit. At 6'2" running in the 4.5 range that isn't a bad depth WR for a team with limited talent.

Buddy Howell?? He's big with short arms and slow for an RB. Coach him up as a lead blocker?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Oh BTW Eric Banks is with the Chargers now. Staley grabbed him off the wire. I can see him getting signed to the 53 later in the year.

Remember KhaDarel Hodge? He got claimed by Detroit. At 6'2" running in the 4.5 range that isn't a bad depth WR for a team with limited talent.

Buddy Howell?? He's big with short arms and slow for an RB. Coach him up as a lead blocker?

Wrong on being slow. He runs 4.40 for the forty.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems like protected PS spot is the way to go for a RB. Just find one you like and make sure he's locked up. Not familiar with this guy will need to look him up but it's nice to see a RB added.

oldnotdead

Legend
Sony Michel isn't considered a burner by any means and he's in that same range. Sony is a grinder with a good burst and runs with power. There is a reason Howell is on the waiver wire when he was in the 2018 draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Rams 2021 practice squad tracker​

Who will make it to LA’s practice squad?

By Kenneth Arthur
View attachment 47677
The Los Angeles Rams announced their final 53-man roster on Tuesday and had to make a lot of difficult cuts to get there. Head coach Sean McVay would like to keep a lot of the players who were released this week and get them on the practice squad, so we’ll keep track of the ones who return to the team right here.

As of this writing, we do not yet know who will be on the practice squad, but updates will go here soon.

These are the players who were released by the Los Angeles Rams this week, some of whom will end up on the 17-player practice squad. They will definitely retain offensive tackle Max Pircher, a part of the International Pathway Program, which means that he will not count against the 16-player limit that teams have for their practice squad.

Practice Squad candidates:

OLB Justin Lawler

WR Jeremiah Haydel

S Troy Warner

OL Jeremiah Kolone

OL Jordan Meredith

CB Donovan Olumba

CB Brontae Harris

WR Landon Akers

DL Eric Banks

ILB Christian Rozeboom

TE Kendall Blanton

ILB Micah Kiser

OL Max Pircher^

RB Otis Anderson

C Coleman Shelton

WR Trishton Jackson

WR J.J. Koski

CB Dont’e Deayon

DL Marquise Copeland

DL Earnest Brown IV

DE John Daka

CB Tyler Hall

DB Kareem Orr

S J.R. Reed?

LB Jake Gervase

The LA Rams will have a 16-player practice squad, with Pircher in addition to that as a 17th player on that unit. This is an expanded roster that will continue from 2020’s rule changes and can include up to four veteran players.
I love the expanded roster.I actually really do.This is such a key for The Rams Franchise.There is not a team in The NFL imo that does this better.
I call it a win win win win.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lawler doesn't have to clear waivers as he's a veteran. So I see him signing elsewhere on a 53 roster.

Brown should clear waivers and be signed to the PS. I think they realized in OTAs he was more of a project than they anticipated. Of all the picks this year he was the one I personally had the most reservations about. That said, I think they intentionally kept him in the background to get him through waivers and have a year to develop him on the PS. They obviously have a spot for him in mind though IMO that might have been taken by Jonah Williams.

T. Jack probably won't clear waivers. If I was Holmes I'd be putting a claim on him as he's better than what they have in Detroit. The same for Koski and it wouldn't surprise me if both don't end up there.

Akers might clear waivers and might be signed to the PS.

Meredith and Kolone are definitely PS type candidates and both should clear waivers.

I think Daka, Reed, and Hall all, could also end up on the PS.

As I've pointed out in other posts I think Anchrum will clear waivers when Shelton returns and be signed to the PS.
Here you go with your assumptions with The O’Line. First you have Anchrum over Havenstien & now you have him going on waivers.
heard Mcvay talk about Anchrum.He was like Whatch talking About Willis ?
You bring up some good points though. Just hard to react to such a ling post.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The Rams needed a bigger RB,that was a must.Special teams depth was another concern with Funk being the 3rd RB.
—Add Xavier Jones is still a Ram.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Florida Atlantic University (The Owls) Buddy Howell played in 39 games with 16 starts and finished his career with 463 carries for 2,424 yards and 22 touchdowns
There is a bit of information here but he is a pretty obscure NFL player.
[www.playerprofiler.com]

1630587243528.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
Did Trishton Jackson clear waivers? I don't see anything about him being picked up at this point, but he's not on our PS either.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did anyone get sent to IR yet?

No, so I'm assuming that when Obo goes to IR they might activate Lawler or sign someone else and Anchrum will also be added to IR to make room for Shelton to come off the COVID list.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Florida Atlantic University (The Owls) Buddy Howell played in 39 games with 16 starts and finished his career with 463 carries for 2,424 yards and 22 touchdowns
There is a bit of information here but he is a pretty obscure NFL player.
[www.playerprofiler.com]

View attachment 47721
From the look of the size of this guy and Sony Michel, I would say they are looking to add some goal line power beef to the running back corp to go with our speed backs.