Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
It looks like some offensive tackles are coming available through cuts. Wonder what Levi would cost.

Forget Levi Brown. What about Eric Winston? I have absolutely no idea why the Texans cut him, but I've always thought that he is one of the most underrated offensive tackles in the league. This was a move that was beyond stupid on their parts.

I'd do backflips if we got Winston.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:
It looks like some offensive tackles are coming available through cuts. Wonder what Levi would cost.

Forget Levi Brown. What about Eric Winston? I have absolutely no idea why the Texans cut him, but I've always thought that he is one of the most underrated offensive tackles in the league. This was a move that was beyond stupid on their parts.

That absolutely shocked me. Would they take that risk by not dishing out a new contract to him so they have more available money to try and get Mario Williams back?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@JayGlazer: Scoopage: Take 1 name off the list of free agents set to hit the market today. Saints have just agreed to new 5 yr deal w WR Marques Colston

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
@HBalzer721: Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers

Id be for that.

Guess through the first half of last year he graded out as the second best CB in the NFL. Second only to Revis. He is getting up there in age so we should tread carefully, but he seams to be playing at his peak.

3 years 16 million?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:

Yeah - I saw that. Go get him Snead.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
JdashSTL said:
@HBalzer721: Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers

Id be for that.

Guess through the first half of last year he graded out as the second best CB in the NFL. Second only to Revis. He is getting up there in age so we should tread carefully, but he seams to be playing at his peak.

3 years 16 million?

He was always a good CB but the knock on him was his hands. Last year that all changed when he had 6 INTs. Before that he never had more than 2 INTs in a season during his 6 years at Washington.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@AdamSchein: Myers says talks with Texans are more "conversations than negotiations". He is hitting the open market. One of the best C's in the NFL.

Im really not sure whats going on with the Texans right now. I saw someone point out that the new deal for Arian Foster could be a big factor for them releasing Winston, and now maybe Chris Myers as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So the Rams are supposedly the front runner for Carlos Rogers. I realize he is advancing in age and most would like to see more youth developed. What I like about the possibility here is that it allows us to potentially replace Bartell with one of last year's Pro Bowlers, makes our division rival a bit weaker in coverage, and allows us to target a CB high in the draft next season. He would also supposedly cost us less than Bartell's contract and/or Finnegan.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm startin the bandwagon...

SIGN SUPER MARIO!!!

Make it happen SNIFER!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JdashSTL said:
@evansilva: Schefter also reports #Rams will host Cortland Finnegan this week.

I think either way they go, they are figuring on another position other than CB for their first pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
I'm startin the bandwagon...

SIGN SUPER MARIO!!!

Make it happen SNIFER!!!

Nah - let the Bears, Packers, and Lions beat up on each other.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I edited the post to Schefters tweet just to clarify which day Finnegan visits.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
JdashSTL said:
I edited the post to Schefters tweet just to clarify which day Finnegan visits.

And I think Schefter noticed that so he had to make a change. :grr:

@AdamSchefter: Free-agent CB Cortland Finnegan scheduled to visit Rams on Wednesday. Finnegan could rejoin Jeff Fisher.