Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What's the scoop on OT Barry Richardson of the Chiefs who visited the Rams yesterday?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
What's the scoop on OT Barry Richardson of the Chiefs who visited the Rams yesterday?

He's young. So he could develop......

That's pretty much the only positive. He was awful for the chiefs. One of the worst RTs in football

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:

That's pretty much the only positive. He was awful for the chiefs. One of the worst RTs in football

Why do you visit with a player like that? I mean wouldn't it be better to draft an OT in 6th or 7th rounds and develop him your way or sign a UDFA and do the same?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:

Why do you visit with a player like that? I mean wouldn't it be better to draft an OT in 6th or 7th rounds and develop him your way or sign a UDFA and do the same?

Im not sure. He did do well enough in practice to win the starting RT job. Maybe they saw something on tape they liked or feel he could move inside to OG.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
hd. said:
Rams sign Steve Smith and Matt Mulligan.

Yep.

Love the Steve Smith signing. He was a very good and dependable WR a few years back, before he had the knee injury. Sure handed WR too. Hopefully he can regain his prime form. Low risk potentially high reward signing.

Mulligan.... Very indifferent about that signing. Cool name tho.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Am I just retarded re: any possible interest? What's the deal w/ Burress..personally I thought he did pretty well coming back from a 2 year absence and you can tell he turned his life and career around. Maybe it's the B. Schotty system and OC correlation from last season in me...just a random thought to ponder.

Btw I do think Brian will work very well and immediately with Bradford and company.

I am surprised Clemens is just out there another guy affiliated with Schotty and a solid backup.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I don't understand why Clemons isn't signed yet. And where is that OLB we sorely need? I know they will probably draft a starting caliber OLB but we need two! I guess I grow impatient and if I were in charge, I'd probably overpay because of it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:

When Richardson walked into Rams park Bradford was sacked twice by the janitor. Pass on him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
Ramhusker said:

When Richardson walked into Rams park Bradford was sacked twice by the janitor. Pass on him.
Yama with the harshness. :cool:

Word is he's asking for too much money, and that's why he's been in and out of so many team facilities.

That's just the word though. I don't know for sure.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is FA over for the Rams before the draft? Is the money well dry for now? Other than Cotchery, is there still anybody on the radar? And when is Jason Smith's contract going to get the spotlight? Soon I'd imagine if not today.

Speeps

Starter
Ramhusker said:
Is FA over for the Rams before the draft? Is the money well dry for now? Other than Cotchery, is there still anybody on the radar? And when is Jason Smith's contract going to get the spotlight? Soon I'd imagine if not today.
I doubt it. Typically, around this time, free agency comes to a halt, because teams are focused on the drafts. Free Agency will pick up once the draft ends.