Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Guys I think we should target:

QB - Clemens - As back up QB - Both he and AJ are FAs

WR - Would like a big name guy(VJax, Wayne, Colston, Lloyd), however I dont see that as a likely scenario. There are also some good second tier guys (Garcon, Meachem, Manningham)

OL - Jeremy Zuttah(Guard, Bucs) is a guy I would mind seeing us go after. Also resign at least one of Bell/Wragge/LeVoir

DT - Amobi Okoye

LB - Resign Kehl. Manny Lawson

S - Reggie Smith. Ok he doesnt make much sense but he graduated from my HS a couple years ahead of me. Would like to see him leave the dark side(49ers) for us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
libertadrocks said:

WR - Would like a big name guy(VJax, Wayne, Colston, Lloyd), however I dont see that as a likely scenario. There are also some good second tier guys (Garcon, Meachem, Manningham)

OL - Jeremy Zuttah(Guard, Bucs) is a guy I would mind seeing us go after. Also resign at least one of Bell/Wragge/LeVoir

DT - Amobi Okoye

S - Reggie Smith. Ok he doesnt make much sense but he graduated from my HS a couple years ahead of me. Would like to see him leave the dark side(49ers) for us.

Yeah - I could live with Clemens as a back-up. I think he is head and shoulders above AJ. Okoye works for me. I'm not sure why you think going after a top receiver is unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen and then take Kalil. It may not be sexy but you give Bradford a target like Colston and have Saffold and Kalil protecting him - sounds pretty good to me. Put Dahl next to one of those guys and the running game is instantly improved too.

Anyone know how likely it is that we get some of our DBs back at full strength?

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
libertadrocks said:

DT - Amobi Okoye

Yeah - I could live with Clemens as a back-up. I think he is head and shoulders above AJ. Okoye works for me. I'm not sure why you think going after a top receiver is unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen and then take Kalil. It may not be sexy but you give Bradford a target like Colston and have Saffold and Kalil protecting him - sounds pretty good to me. Put Dahl next to one of those guys and the running game is instantly improved too.

Bartell could play football today if he wanted to, he is fine. Murphy I would imagine would be fine as well. Fletcher? Might not be 100% coming back, the knee is a tricky thing. We did find some diamonds in the rough with Gordy though, at least I thought so anyway. So those are upgrades right there.

In terms of defense I think an upgrade at DT, and an upgrade at OLB, along with our DB's healthy, and we should be okay.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:
libertadrocks said:

DT - Amobi Okoye

Bartell could play football today if he wanted to, he is fine. Murphy I would imagine would be fine as well. Fletcher? Might not be 100% coming back, the knee is a tricky thing. We did find some diamonds in the rough with Gordy though, at least I thought so anyway. So those are upgrades right there.

In terms of defense I think an upgrade at DT, and an upgrade at OLB, along with our DB's healthy, and we should be okay.
Agree. One thing the Rams have been sorely missing over the past several years is a thumper of an OLB. I'd love to see that added along side JL, with a run-stuffing rhinoceros in the middle. All would be well with the world. Stewart can only get better, and Mikell is at the height of his career - although he will start trending down very soon - and the corners (if all can stay healthy) are an asset.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Looking at our HC, DC, and OC now, who are some of the players (that have have a history with them) we can start looking at that may wanna play under them?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
Looking at our HC, DC, and OC now, who are some of the players (that have have a history with them) we can start looking at that may wanna play under them?

Off the top of my head

Clemens has a history with Schotty. His input, IMO, will determine if he is brought back as the back up. He also has a history with Brunnel. Fisher has a history with Vince Young, safe to assume he wont be brought in tho.

At RB theres LT from his time in NY and LenDale White who used to play for Fisher

FB Ahmard Hall with Fisher

At WR BS has connections with Braylon Edwards, Plax, and Cotchery.

Bo Scaife at TE with fisher.

OL: Jake Scott replaced Bell in Ten.

DL: Jason Jones was drafted by Fisher. Anthony Hargrove played under GW.

A couple of CBs, Finnegan(please no!) and Tracy porter

At safety its theres a lot of guys. I think LaRon Landry played under GW. Micheal Griffen played for Fish. Leonard and Pool both out of NY

superfan24

Starter
Big NO to Lendale White. He has character issues and not big on his ability either.
Would be happy with Plax for a year and definitely Clemens as backup qb. Throughout the league it proves to have a good backup qb no matter who your starter is.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
superfan24 said:
Big NO to Lendale White. He has character issues and not big on his ability either.
Would be happy with Plax for a year and definitely Clemens as backup qb. Throughout the league it proves to have a good backup qb no matter who your starter is.

Agreed on LenDale. He's a real winner :roll: . Not even sure if he played this last year.

nfl_e_white_200.jpg

0111_white_tmz_video-1.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
superfan24 said:

Agreed on LenDale. He's a real winner :roll: . Not even sure if he played this last year.

nfl_e_white_200.jpg

0111_white_tmz_video-1.jpg
I'd be surprised if Clemens isn't our backup QB now, with the alleged hiring of Shotty. He knows the offense, he's a pro, so who would be better and more affordable than him...

boondock

UDFA
Lendell White and Courtland Finnegan. Two people I don't want to see in a Rams uniform.

steferfootball

Starter
boondock said:
Lendell White and Courtland Finnegan. Two people I don't want to see in a Rams uniform.
Finnegan is a bit of a punk, but at least he is good.

I think Lendell White's NFL Career is over. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
boondock said:
Finnegan is a bit of a punk, but at least he is good.

I think Lendell White's NFL Career is over. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

I don't know.... dude looks like a load to bring down. :mrgreen:

Fat-Lendale-White-214x300.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Funny as fuck! I will say he didn't go out because of his lard ass, he suffered a horrible achilles injury with the Broncos during training camp 2010, correct?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So what's the over/under on how many former Titans land on the Rams' roster?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When does Free Agency begin again??? I can't keep up for some reason.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Does anyone know how much cap space the Rams have ? I have seen anywhere from 10 to 30 mil. Can't seem to get a reliable answer.