Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Please post all Rams free agency discussion in this thread. Players you covet, player you hate, predictions, all in one place.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
DR RAM said:
Please post all Rams free agency discussion in this thread. Players you covet, player you hate, predictions, all in one place.

Dwayne Bowe...

Then draft Blackmon. (I'm seriously going to have to change my username if Blackmon busts. I've been on the bandwagon since the last offseason lol.)

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson
Demetrius Bell
Carl Nicks
Dan Koppen
just to name a few. I haven't seen a list of defensive free agents yet.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Marques Colston is w/o a doubt the guy to target. No baggage or off field crap. What if they draft Blackmon, sign Colston, along w/ Amendola, Salas, and whoever + Saffold progresses?? Ahhhh..

Rocky McIntosh is a 4-3 OLB miscast in the 3-4 in Washington. He w/ Laurinaitis, and Chombers would make a good LB core.

Tracy Porter can be a good 2 or 3 CB. I'm assuming Bartell is coming back. IDK about Bradley, tho.

For the OL, there's guys like Kareem McKenzie (stopgap RT) and Nick Hardwick (stopgap C).

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Cullen Bryant said:
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson
Demetrius Bell
Carl Nicks
Dan Koppen
just to name a few. I haven't seen a list of defensive free agents yet.
Yeah, we definitely need a WR, Colston or Jackson would be nice. I also think we need a guard or DT

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd like to see them go for Robert Meachem. Sure Colston has had the better career, but he's often injured and Meachem was a first round talent when drafted. He's gone unnoticed in an offense with tons of weapons and might come over on the cheap.

Next I'd like to see them go for Jason Jones to play DT. It's especially enticing if Fisher gets the HC gig. We need help at DT and Jones is great at getting penetration, he'd at least make a great rotational guy.

Finally, they've got to secure at least one starting corner in FA. Why not run at Richard Marshall or Eric Wright. Both are solid #2 CBs should Fletcher's recovery take longer than expected.

steferfootball

Starter
Here is a good place to get Free Agent names:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html</a>

Wonderboy

Rookie
steferfootball said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html</a>

This seems like a good reference, but it also seems to me that it is from last year. Am I seeing the wrong thing?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonderboy said:
steferfootball said:

This seems like a good reference, but it also seems to me that it is from last year. Am I seeing the wrong thing?
It's certainly not updated.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
Wonderboy said:
steferfootball said:

It's certainly not updated.
Oh you guys are right, my bad.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I keep hearing that Pittsburgh is stuck in cap hell and as a result will probably let Ward go. I don't watch the Steelers but he might be an option. Depending on his asking price, doesn't hurt to get a veteran out there, especially if we draft Blackmon. I want a vet to teach them, because they can help with some of the little details sometimes more than a coach. And I fully expect to see Lloyd in Pats gear next season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think Ward is done. You could see it in his face at the end of the Bronco game. He is a tough guy and would be great to have around for a year for the younger WRs but I think he is done.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
I think Ward is done. You could see it in his face at the end of the Bronco game. He is a tough guy and would be great to have around for a year for the younger WRs but I think he is done.

Agreed. He kept moving down the depth chart as the season wore along, and its looking like it might be time for him to call it quits.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
And if so add in that fella named Lance Moore and while we're at it grab Carl Nicks in there as well, who I honestly thought we were going to take instead we got ol' Roy Toy Schuenig (sp?). :sly:

Attachments

• kingpin.jpg
    kingpin.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 218

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Courtland Finnegan on ESPN Radio right now saying that he would love to come over and play for Fisher. He's a nasty attitude guy. I bet there are LOTS of players that would like to come here now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
Courtland Finnegan on ESPN Radio right now saying that he would love to come over and play for Fisher. He's a nasty attitude guy. I bet there are LOTS of players that would like to come here now.

I'm iffy on him just because he's kind of a dirty guy.... I don't want to get the rep as being that kind of team.... But he's got a lot of skill, I wouldn't put up too much of a fuss.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:

I'm iffy on him just because he's kind of a dirty guy.... I don't want to get the rep as being that kind of team.... But he's got a lot of skill, I wouldn't put up too much of a fuss.
I know what you mean, I'm a classy team guy. But isn't it nice to have another pull to St. Louey?

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:

I know what you mean, I'm a classy team guy. But isn't it nice to have another pull to St. Louey?

Yeah, that's good. Hopefully we don't have to horribly overpay for free agents now.