Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@HolderStephen (Bucs beat writer): Vincent Jackson's almost in the bag for Bucs, but less clear what their intentions are at CB. Told they intend to sign one, but who?

@AdamSchefter: Now Redskins on verge of signing 49ers WR Josh Morgan, too, to go along with Pierre Garcon

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:
I'm startin the bandwagon...

SIGN SUPER MARIO!!!

Make it happen SNIFER!!!

Nah - let the Bears, Packers, and Lions beat up on each other.

Seattle has big interest in him too. I'd rather him here than than there.

And Carlos Rodgers = ehh.

Finnegan = Yay. A dry yay.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/rams-showing-interest-in-tracy-porter-and-jason-jones/

OK that makes me feel better.

+1

Jason Jones would be priority #1 for me, so that makes me happy. Stupid ass Titians, by trying to make him a DE, give us a opportunity to sign a top tier DT for a relatively cheap price.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Oooh, Tracy Porter, another injury prone CB. Snead/Fisher must have skimmed the chapter on Rams injury woes.
Meachem would make me happy though. Could be had for a decent price and is able to stretch the field. He's done a lot of damage as an endzone threat.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Rams and free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan reached agreement on a five-year deal worth about $50 million.

There it is. First signing.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1

Deal with another Titan, defensive lineman Jason Jones, could also get done tonight by Rams

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1

Deal with another Titan, defensive lineman Jason Jones, could also get done tonight by Rams
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxHAZChcYU[/youtube]

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
Meachem to the Chargers. :fk: I thought he'd be a good addition to our receiving corps.

Edit:Tony Softli ‏ @SoftliSTL
Chargers reach agreement with WR Robert Meachem on 4-year, $25.5 million deal, John Clayton reports. Great get by AJ Smith!

Forgot to add that in there.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
Brandon Lloyd is supposed to visit with the Whiners according to Adam Schefter. :amped:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Raiders free agent WR Chaz Schilens is visiting 49ers, and Rams free agent WR Brandon Lloyd also is expected to visit San Francisco.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Cant believe Reggie Wayne went back to Indy. That shocked me. I really thought he would either be a package deal with Manning, or go to a playoff contender on his own.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Two updates:

Rams are talking to Atlanta free-agent center Todd McClure and Houston OT Wintson is scheduled to visit the Lou in the next few days

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
JdashSTL said:
Redskins close to signing Eddie Royal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html

There goes AngryRam's fantasy :mrgreen: .

EDIT:
@caplannfl: On Eddie Royal, again, no confirmation of him signing with the Redskins. Story that is out there isn't sourced.

Damn, I jumped the gun on that.

Don't be toyin w/ me and my fantasy. :razzed:

libertadrocks said:
Two updates:

Rams are talking to Atlanta free-agent center Todd McClure and Houston OT Wintson is scheduled to visit the Lou in the next few days

Cool. McClure is a legit vet and Wintson is really underrated.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
If New England makes offer on RFA Danny Amendola, it wouldn't be a shock if the Rams didn't match. The one thing they have _ actually. .

. . .about the only thing they have at wide receiver are slot guys. Greg Salas and Austin Pettis are waiting in the wings if Amendola goes.

. . .They'd get a second round pick from Patriots if they didn't match and that would give St. Louis 5 of the top 65 picks in the draft.

Rams still hopeful on DL Jason Jones, but he leaves St. Louis without a contract. Next stop: Seattle.

Not correct RT @ProFootballTalk: Danny Amendola spotted at Patriots facility

Restricted free agent Danny Amendola spotted in New England

Posted by Evan Silva on March 15, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT

Getty Images
Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England recently speculated that the Patriots might have interest in Rams restricted free agent receiver Danny Amendola. Amendola played for new Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in St. Louis last season.

Curran’s thinking might have some merit.

Scott Zolak of 98.5 The Sports Hub/Patriots All Access tweeted Thursday morning that Amendola was spotted at a Boston bar called “The Place,” last night.

Amendola isn’t the first former undrafted free agent slot receiver type from Texas Tech in which New England may have had interest. During the 2007 offseason, the Patriots traded second- and seventh-round picks to the Dolphins to acquire Wes Welker’s rights. Like Amendola, Welker was an undrafted free agent slot receiver who played college ball for Mike Leach.

The Patriots are also scheduled to host free agent Anthony Gonzalez, another slot receiver, on Friday night.

=============================================================================

WTF

steferfootball

Starter
Yamahopper :(

Don't go Danny! ...remember, people considereded the Miami-NE Weller trade a bad deal for Miami.

Letting our best wideout walk for basically a third is a bad move IMO. Pettiest and Dallas haven't provided enough production to prove they are near what Danny means to this team.

*Pettis and Sallas .... dang autocorrect.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
steferfootball said:
Yamahopper :(

Don't go Danny! ...remember, people considereded the Miami-NE Weller trade a bad deal for Miami.

Letting our best wideout walk for basically a third is a bad move IMO. Pettiest and Dallas haven't provided enough production to prove they are near what Danny means to this team.

*Pettis and Sallas .... dang autocorrect.

Im torn about Danny. He is undeniably our most reliable WR. That speaks to Amendola as a player as well as the sad shape of our WRs. However I see more talent and upside in Salas.

So if Danny were to go to NE, in return for for the 63rd pick, it would allow Salas to step in and possibly fulfill his potential. Plus Danny will get paid after this season. That's a hit on the cap if we retain him. The 63rd pick would be locked up cheaply for years.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Kendall Langford lines up visit to St. Louis

Free agent defensive lineman Kendall Langford visited the Bengals on Thursday. He appears to have left Cincinnati’s facility without a contract.

Per Orlando Alzugaray of 640AM in Miami, Langford is headed west to visit the Rams.

Langford looks like St. Louis’ fallback option if it loses free agent Jason Jones to Seattle. After dining with Rams players and club officials on Wednesday night, Jones visited the Seahawks on Thursday.

Langford goes 6-foot-6, 295 and has been a quality run stopper in the Dolphins’ 3-4 defense. He would be changing schemes to a 4-3 with the Rams, where Langford’s role would be much different.

Jones is the No. 11 overall player on the PFT Hot 100. Langford is No. 34.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Scott Wells, the former GB center, is at Rams Parks right now according to JT. Under rated player IMO. He isn't the most impressive on tape but has gotten a ton of teammate endorsements. Could be a good pickup for the right price