Raiders at Rams Preseason Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, I wanted to weigh in on the quarterback discussion, however, I realized I wasn't the head coach, the OC or the quarterback coach, so I guess I'll check out.
Using that standard none of us can comment on anything or even have an opinion.

fearsomefour

Legend
Question: how did our back up QBs look last year in Preseason weeks 1&2?
Did they seem to be processing faster? Better movement? Anything?

I ask because I don't remember...

But I wonder if we are possibly missing Greg Olson?
Losing Greg Olson was the biggest loss this off season imho.

fearsomefour

Legend
On a good note.... Kelly pushing his own blocker to create an additional 7 yards showed me real intuitive play. It was similar to Gurley’s hurdling. Use whatever is within your arsenal to gain “extra” yards. That really stood out to me more than maybe anything except for the defensive intensity early on.

The defense was having fun out there today. Just physical play!
Really like what I have seen of Kelly so far.
Runs with a good purpose and can be patient when he needs to be. He is a keeper for sure I think.
Noteboom impressed again.
The Raiders didn't play starters today.
I'm two weeks I haven't seen a bad play by Noteboom. Today a rusher got a step on him and he was athletic enough to push him wide without holding.
Noteboom looks like a real player to me.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'll add on to my previously lengthy post that our defense was playing some sound gap integrity. They locked in and Oakland could absolutely do nothing; all the gaps were full - can't run, receivers were smothered - can't throw, and pressure, pressure, pressure!

Mixing in a whole bunch of different alignments and seeing the potential depth. . . I was starting to get a little giddy.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I'm not completely sold on John Kelly yet. He's just kinda 'aight atm imho. He goes down too easily right now. He's a smaller guy and on several occasions defenders were underneath his pads. He needs to improve his pad level and keep his legs moving. Constructive criticism from me though. Make no mistake about my homerism. I'm happy he plays for us, just pointing out that he is definitely more project than finished product right now. I think he can be a real good back with another year or two of weights and experience. To digress, though, he is a very very solid #3 back for us and I can see him being our FUTURE #2 behind the cat lover TGII3.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great solution.

Mannion looked better than most back-up options I’ve seen this year and that INCLUDES your boy Teddy. Admit it or not - he even stepped around in the pocket well.

giphy.gif

Dude had very good protection and still played like crap. I don't know what you were watching. Teddy makes Sean Mannion look like Keith Null.

Ellard80

Legend
Don't know how you dudes watch 1 minute of these games.

I looked at the box score and got a good chuckle.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joseph Noteboom played outstanding today and Brian Allen looked good too. In another thread gave props to Darrell Williams before the cheap shot, Williams played well at RT. Aaron Neary time should be coming to an end and if I'm Sean McVay, I have a conversation with QB Coach Zach Taylor about his time in Miami with free agent QB Matt Moore then I text GM Les Snead to join them in the conversation.

The line of Noteboom, Blythe, Allen, Brown, and whoever was at RT (Lucas or Williams?) was outstanding. And the Raiders weren't running scrubs out there either. Noteboom was handling Arden Key with ease.

dang

Legend
What was your take on Hager? From what I watched he was playing well.
I have not been a supporter of Hager making the 53 man roster but he stood out today as constantly being around the ball. Micah Kiser also stood out - with a lot more speed. ILB/OLB will be a battle after Barron/Littleton/Ebukam.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
giphy.gif

Dude had very good protection and still played like crap. I don't know what you were watching. Teddy makes Sean Mannion look like Keith Null.
Your opinion and you're entitled to it but Teddy looked shaky at best to my eye. Then again, he’s always looked frail and suspect to me. But what do I know. Obviously he’s elite and solid as you’ve always stated.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The line of Noteboom, Blythe, Allen, Brown, and whoever was at RT (Lucas or Williams?) was outstanding. And the Raiders weren't running scrubs out there either. Noteboom was handling Arden Key with ease.

Williams was at RT before the cheap shot that put him out, Demby came in to actually play LT to end that series with Noteboom at RT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your opinion and you're entitled to it but Teddy looked shaky at best to my eye. Then again, he’s always looked frail and suspect to me. But what do I know. Obviously he’s elite and solid as you’ve always stated.

Good to see that we agree. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What was your take on Hager? From what I watched he was playing well.
Hager was a standout among non-starters. That’s not intended to be a knock. He was showing up pretty consistently. I’d be surprised if he’s a cut and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets significant play time this season.