Raiders at Rams Preseason Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s Game Day!

Oakland Raiders vs. Los Angeles Rams – Saturday, Aug. 18 at 4 p.m. ET

https://www.therams.com/news/tune-in-rams-vs-raiders-in-preseason-week-2

Tune In: Rams vs. Raiders in Preseason Week 2

The Rams will take on the Raiders this Saturday in Week 2 of the preseason. The Rams and Raiders meet at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the Rams’ first home game of 2018. The game will be broadcast live on CBS 2 with a kickoff time set for 1:00 p.m. PDT. Check below for all the information you need to watch Saturday’s game.

BROADCAST INFO

TELEVISION: Saturday’s game and all Rams preseason games will be broadcast locally on CBS 2 and Univision’s UniMás 46/KFTR station. The game will also be re-aired by KCAL-TV at 6 p.m. PDT. Play-by-play commentator Andrew Siciliano is joined by hosts of NFL Network’s Good Morning Football, Nate Burleson and Peter Schrager, serving as color commentators. Jill Arrington will be reporting from the sidelines.

In addition to the Los Angeles local broadcast on CBS 2 and UniMás 46/KFTR, Rams preseason football will extend to households throughout California, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah. Below is a comprehensive list of affiliate stations airing Rams preseason football. Please check your local listings in these markets for complete game coverage.

Local TV info (via 506 Sports):
  • KCBS (CBS/2 – Los Angeles)
  • KSWB (FOX/5 – San Diego)
  • KMYU (My/12 – Salt Lake City)
  • KBFX (FOX/58 – Bakersfield)
  • KMPH (FOX/26 – Fresno)
  • KKFX (FOX/24 – Santa Barbara)
  • KDFX (FOX/33 – Palm Springs)
  • KSNV (NBC/3 – Las Vegas)
  • KRXI (FOX/11 – Reno)
  • KYUR (CW/13.2 – Anchorage AK)
Live stream: fuboTV

RADIO: Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPNLA 710 AM and ESPN Deportes/KWKW 1330 AM. Both stations will once again bring Rams fans the full season (preseason and regular season) of games. The English broadcast will feature Voice of the Rams J.B. Long on play-by-play, with Maurice Jones-Drew as color analysts, and D’Marco Farr on the sidelines. Plus, tune into 1330 AM for ESPN Deportes' live Spanish broadcast of the game with Troy Santiago and Ricardo Lopez on the call.

SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow the Rams on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat for live updates and behind-the-scenes content before, during, and after the game.

ONLINE: The Los Angeles Rams will offer a free stream of their preseason games on therams.com in Los Angeles, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. In addition, the stream will be available in all markets receiving CBS or UniMás’ broadcast across California, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah. Fans in Los Angeles, any secondary US markets, and the United Kingdom will receive CBS’ feed, while fans in Mexico will receive UniMás’ broadcast. Live streams can be accessed via desktop, mobile web, and the Rams Mobile app.

https://www.therams.com/news/how-much-will-los-angeles-starters-play-vs-oakland-on-saturday

How Much will Los Angeles' Starters Play vs. Oakland on Saturday?

As we all know, Los Angeles elected to rest its starters against Baltimore for the preseason opener. Much of that decision likely stemmed from the work the Rams’ starters were able to get against the Ravens’ starters during their two days of joint practices.

Saturday’s upcoming game against Oakland, however, presents different challenges. More than once, head coach Sean McVay has referred to the game as a unique situation, since the Rams will again take on the Raiders for the regular-season opener on Sept. 10.

“It’s definitely a very different scenario than anything that I’ve dealt with as a coach and a lot of guys on our staff that we’ve talked about,” McVay said Wednesday. “It’s going to be an interesting way just to kind of see how the rest of the week unfolds for how we approach Saturday, but we’ll figure that out a little bit later on in the week and it’s definitely a different scenario for sure.”

Parsing McVay’s words a bit, it seems like the Rams will not play many — if any — starters once again on Saturday afternoon. Last week, right guard Jamon Brown and outside linebacker Samson Ebukam were the only starters who participated. They may or may not suit up to play the Raiders.

Otherwise, McVay indicated that Los Angeles will not do much game planning for the contest.

“It’s going to be a very different approach than what we’d take in the regular season as far as the game plan is concerned, specifically just because we open with this team,” McVay said. "So, I think it’s another really good opportunity for us to evaluate a lot of guys, kind of continuing to have that long-term mindset of figuring out our 53[-man roster] and who those guys will potentially be as far as out active roster on game day. But, it’ll be a great opportunity for us to evaluate guys and we’ll see how that goes.”

Also notable for this preseason matchup, McVay will be coaching against his mentor, in Raiders head coach Jon Gruden. A longtime friend of the McVay family, Gruden hired the Rams’ head coach for his first NFL coaching job as an offensive assistant back in 2008.

“Oh, I’m looking forward to it. I think everybody that knows coach Gruden knows what a great thing it is to have him back in coaching and what he’s meant to me and how influential he’s been,” McVay said. “It’s certainly a special experience just because of what that family and specifically Jon’s meant for me.”

Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. at the Coliseum on Saturday afternoon. The game will be broadcast on KCBS and ESPN LA locally, and simulcast for a national audience on NFL Network.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks to be a long day of sitting on my ass haha

Arsenal at 9:30am followed by Rams at 1pm.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Does anyone have any good live streaming options?
Legal options, of course!

I'm in Missouri and won't be able to watch the game on directv here until tomorrow. Plus, I'll be at work all day on a 12 hour shift.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Does anyone have any good live streaming options?
Legal options, of course!

I'm in Missouri and won't be able to watch the game on directv here until tomorrow. Plus, I'll be at work all day on a 12 hour shift.
It's airing live on NFLN too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder of NFLN has a live streaming option?

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
upload_2018-8-18_8-6-58.png

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
With the Raiders being the week 1 opponent - I think this may end up being even less flavorless than vanilla.

Protect against injuries is job 1 and more important than every other job combined.

You also want to give nothing away

But, we want to develop some guys, evaluate talent so we make the best decisions we can on the bottom of the 53 man

Plus, I know it doesn't matter, but I'd like a W. Its been a while.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Big game for Sean Mannion today, if he is not good again the Rams might make a move sooner rather than later and let's see if Darrell Williams can actually block today...I did not really focus last week, this week I will focus my attention on the offensive line and the linebackers and maybe the Rams can squeak out a victor, which would be nice, but avoiding injury is the key.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“It’s going to be a very different approach than what we’d take in the regular season as far as the game plan is concerned, specifically just because we open with this team,” McVay said. "So, I think it’s another really good opportunity for us to evaluate a lot of guys, kind of continuing to have that long-term mindset of figuring out our 53[-man roster] and who those guys will potentially be as far as out active roster on game day. But, it’ll be a great opportunity for us to evaluate guys and we’ll see how that goes.”

Translation: buckle up boys, it's gonna be ugly.

Schematically Sean will show nothing. His worst coaching performance of 2017 was vs his mentor Jay Gruden, who had his defense locked and loaded on known tendencies. Sean has grown as a game planner I am sure, as he alluded to with new offensive concepts, and is not going to show Jon Gruden anything for the opener.

Starters won't be in there long either. But the bigger concern is Gruden is hell bent on building a ball control offense and thus far it looks great in the run game. Will the Rams be ready for a big physicality matchup in a meaningless game? Meh.

At this point all I care about is to see improvement for some of the guys who underwhelmed in Preseason Week 1. Mannion is top of that list. Allen needs to improve too. The holdover OL. And of course wrt the defense at least see them stuff the run for the first couple series or whatever then get the starters the F out of there.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I know we want to protect from injury and all and also because we play them in week 1, but man, I hope they don't come out rusty in that first week on prime time TV.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know we want to protect from injury and all and also because we play them in week 1, but man, I hope they don't come out rusty in that first week on prime time TV.

Exactly. Our preseason games were odd assignments, particularly this one with the Raiders.

This game may be a glorified practice - if that.

No idea what to expect.