Raiders at Rams Preseason Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry @jrry32 - I couldn’t resist. I had to fix your previous post. :sneaky:

I’ll change it back if you want. Just having fun with you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry @jrry32 - I couldn’t resist. I had to fix your previous post. :sneaky:

I’ll change it back if you want. Just having fun with you.

giphy.gif

You shall rue the day you questioned Sir Theodore Bridgewater Jr. :LOL:

Name
Hollywood Ram
Joseph Noteboom played outstanding today and Brian Allen looked good too. In another thread gave props to Darrell Williams before the cheap shot, Williams played well at RT. Aaron Neary time should be coming to an end and if I'm Sean McVay, I have a conversation with QB Coach Zach Taylor about his time in Miami with free agent QB Matt Moore then I text GM Les Snead to join them in the conversation.

If I am McVay I approach Les about inauiring with Minnesota about Kyle Sloter. Kid looks great.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
You have to be careful who you go around inauiring with, though. That's dangerous business.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that would be considered a personal issue that takes more than a blue pill, so I wouldn't get involved, because it sounds like a sticky messy problem.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like our defensive depth... particularly our inside linebackers.... Kizer and Scales look really good..and Hagar played well also... Secondary looked solid...

I like our depth on defense..

Mannion looked better...Allen looked decent...but Mannion is just slow getting rid of the ball...big arm..but I think we can upgrade at the back up qb right now..

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
What was your take on Hager? From what I watched he was playing well.

He played well overall. He made a terrible mistake early that lead to a huge play. Settled down after that.

Seemed like he was really focused on getting everyone in the correct position.

He made a play in the backfield late in the game. Presnap he was going crazy trying to communicate to players.

Then once the ball was snapped it was like he knew the play and had been trying to communicate the play. Once the ball was snapped he hit the gap and went right at the running back. The way he played it, it felt like he knew the play and his teammates did not understand that so he just went ahead and shot the gap.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorite Beaver Believer @RamFan503 is backing Mannion staunchly! I still say that after 3 plus years, this probably is good as Sean Mannion gets in the NFL. The other back up QB's were never my saviors at 2nd string QB, although I till wanted to see what they had. I just think Mannion would have trouble winning for us. Thinking of past 2nd string QB's I'd rather have than Sean:
1. Shaun Hill
2. Nick Foles (2016 version)
3. Case Keenum (2016 version)

I am glad jrry32 remembered Keith Null's name because I was struggling to remember it. I do think Mannion is better than Null, but they resemble each other too closely for my comfort...lol

*I trust McVay to act quickly if he thinks a guy can't play well enough, so I acknowledge he MAY know a lil more than me? (maybe)...*flexes guns

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thinking of past 2nd string QB's I'd rather have than Sean:
1. Shaun Hill
2. Nick Foles (2016 version)
3. Case Keenum (2016 version)

Let's not forget Austin Davis. As bad as he was, I think he could win some games with the talent on the Rams in 2018.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish we'd be the team that nuts up and signs Kaepernick. If the guy is willing to play for the minimum, he's better than Mannion imo.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Mannion (outside of one preseason game against Dallas) has not given me much reason to have confidence in his ability to fill in for Goff. Today was better than last week, but that was a low bar to clear. He still looked ineffective and couldn't consistently lead scoring or even lengthy drives.

There are going to be options after the roster cut down, and the Rams need to explore them.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
here are going to be options after the roster cut down, and the Rams need to explore them.
a

As a playoff team, they are going to be pretty far down the waiver list. If there are any QBs they actually want (as opposed to the posters here want) the Rams should be prepared to offer a low draft pick at least for.

That's one reason I don't like the Rams trading 7th rounders - they are good for picking up players who are going to be cut the Rams could use. As it is, the Rams will need to offer a 6th instead.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a

As a playoff team, they are going to be pretty far down the waiver list. If there are any QBs they actually want (as opposed to the posters here want) the Rams should be prepared to offer a low draft pick at least for.

That's one reason I don't like the Rams trading 7th rounders - they are good for picking up players who are going to be cut the Rams could use. As it is, the Rams will need to offer a 6th instead.

Offer a 2020 7th.

Ram65

Legend
Nice to get caught up as I had to go out after the first half.

I watched that game very intently wanting to see our LB's/DL, young oline, and John Kelly. I left feeling positive about
Samson Ebukam
Franklin Meyers
Ejuan Price (made a few plays that I saw)
Ethan Westbrooks (he looked FAST off the line - Donald like on a few plays)
Holley (The safety)
Justin Lawler

Hatfield surprisingly had a pretty good game
Laguda
Isaiah Johnson
Noteboom
Allen (the center had some nice blocks)
Sam Ficken (he impressed me, I like that he took time to learn how to punt although he isn't the best at it and I can tell it's him punting just by form. That being said he was booming the ball on kick offs and all his kicks had a nice boom sound and a straight line. I can tell he's been working - may earn himself a job somewhere around the league)

Thanks I'm feeling better every week about the defense being able to generate a solid pass rush with or without A Donald. Offensive line depth should be improved too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just remembered that Pittsburgh is going to have a tough call to make. They'll be keeping Ben and Mason Rudolph. Josh Dobbs, their 4th round pick in 2017, has had a good preseason, but they may cut him with Rudolph in town (especially because they've held onto Landry Jones for all these years). If they cut Dobbs, I'd grab him if I were the Rams. It's also possible that Landry Jones is cut. If he's cut, I'd go after him too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Do they tend to do well in the pros? He seems to be all over the field

DeMarcus Ware, Aldon Smith, Elvis Dumervil, and Terrell Suggs did pretty well as tweeners. Someone like Michael Sam and a host of others didn't. When you have a system and the brains and experience like Wade Phillips has, the chances are good he can get the most out of him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DeMarcus Ware, Aldon Smith, Elvis Dumervil, and Terrell Suggs did pretty well as tweeners. Someone like Michael Sam and a host of others didn't. When you have a system and the brains and experience like Wade Phillips has, the chances are good he can get the most out of him.

Respectfully, I wouldn't call those guys tweeners except for Suggs (and he's played in a bit of a special position). However, Franklin-Myers isn't really a tweener either. He fits perfectly in Wade's SDE role (5-tech). He's got a similar body type and athletic profile to Antonio Smith, who did quite well in that role for Wade.