Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Acting like the OC has zero effect on this offense is ridiculous. So let's agree to disagree on that one.
Who said zero? I gave him at least a 1% contribution. If it's ridiculous to believe a quasi-OC doesn't affect the offense much, then I'll agree. We disagree. Let's see if he brings in somebody who we'd expect to have a considerable say. Or will it be another coffee expert with limited experience in the NFL?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think McVay has done 99% of everything offensively. Think he's going to leave any part of the offensive game plan to chance by not having his hands firmly around it? Or the playcalling? You've watched and listened to the guy for 6 years. You really believe his OC is as heavily involved as say, Harbaugh's OC? Tomlin's? Isn't it possible Coen left because he had little say?

Looking at the success of the McVay tree, I don't think he does everything although I'm sure he has the final decision.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Derion Kendrick was not good at all and should have been on the bench. Besides Durant the Rams had other options like Shaun Jolly for example that is a far better cover corner and IMO, the Rams took too long to get Durant back in and Kendrick out.

Now the pipe dream is to bring in a Vic Fangio who is one of the premier DC's in the NFL or Brandon Staley if the Chargers and him part ways, but Raheem Morris was not Larry Marmie and as Ram fans we should be grateful for what Morris was able to accomplish and also his locker room presence as he is a first class individual, that's for sure.

Rams worst three grades on defense:​

#1 - Derion Kendrick, CB: 43.7​

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1577106588498001921

Kendrick was targeted in coverage 56 times this season according to PFF tracking, which was the fourth highest total on the defense.

The good news is that he was battle tested, and he faced over twice the number of passes that fellow rookie Cobie Durant did (25). The bad news is that teams weren’t afraid to go after Kendrick, and they probably looked for him as a mismatch in coverage.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The good news is that he was battle tested, and he faced over twice the number of passes that fellow rookie Cobie Durant did (25). The bad news is that teams weren’t afraid to go after Kendrick, and they probably looked for him as a mismatch in coverage.
Let's put this in proper perspective....The Good News is, because he stinks teams threw at him a ton and he now knows what to expect.

I'll put it this way, he's a rookie and if I see improvement come preseason than fine, but quite frank I don't think you will see it and if not unlike Kolone & Bobby Evans, I'm hoping the Rams go in another direction.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Let's put this in proper perspective....The Good News is, because he stinks teams threw at him a ton and he now knows what to expect.

I'll put it this way, he's a rookie and if I see improvement come preseason than fine, but quite frank I don't think you will see it and if not unlike Kolone & Bobby Evans, I'm hoping the Rams go in another direction.
Agree fully saw nothing from him that would make me think he is a DB that will improve this secondary in 2023. Usually, I get flashed on some snaps of what is under the engine but I observed nothing from this 2022 6th rd selection other than what I would describe as a new Yogo.

2023 secondary will be in for changes in TC ...whomever the DB coach is will need to find out if he has a deep safety with any game experience. The Rams will have the often-injured slow-footed 4th yr safety Jordan Fuller might be ready to step in for the SS Taylor Rapp post.

2022 7th rd pick Russ Yeast progressed nicely throughout his rookie season in cameo snaps & might be the leading deep safety prospect. Quentin Lake was injured for TC & over half of the regular season & saw 11 snaps. In those few snaps, he looked slower than molasses.

My negative thoughts on OL'er Bobby Evans at OG go far back to the beginning of his 2nd preseason. Once again Evans @ OG was a walking vacancy @ OG even in early 2020. However, my thoughts on Evans at RT were positive at that same time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My negative thoughts on OL'er Bobby Evans at OG go far back to the beginning of his 2nd preseason. Once again Evans @ OG was a walking vacancy @ OG even in early 2020. However, my thoughts on Evans at RT were positive at that same time.
I really didn't feel positive about Evans at RT. Early on he was okay, but from that point forward IMHO, in preseason regardless if he was at Guard or Tackle, he was not good and that was against 2nd & 3rd stringers.

Tano

Legend

Rams worst three grades on defense:​

#1 - Derion Kendrick, CB: 43.7​

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1577106588498001921

Kendrick was targeted in coverage 56 times this season according to PFF tracking, which was the fourth highest total on the defense.

And on the offensive side - Evans and Kolone lead the pack with high PFF scores in the high 20s

Woo - we had a hell of an OL when those two were playing next to each other

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I really didn't feel positive about Evans at RT. Early on he was okay, but from that point forward IMHO, in preseason regardless if he was at Guard or Tackle, he was not good and that was against 2nd & 3rd stringers.
Yes and no.

View: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1326270654790983686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1326270654790983686%7Ctwgr%5E93853d6610860ea8a7765d6aa4dc197ae8b7a32b%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2917386-nfl-to-award-teams-3rd-round-draft-picks-for-advancement-of-minorities

The NFL Rule on the specific "Compensatory Draft Selection Awards" is Four. This is where you are correct this is the limit.

The NFL’s "Diversity Rule" involving the "Promotions of Minorities to an HC or GM" is a completely separate rule that was proposed & implemented later. In this subject, the "Compensatory Draft Selection Awards" do not have any connection or involvement to the above rule. In this case, the NFL has set NO limits!

brucebruce

Rookie
Pretty sure they can hire a coach at any time provided they've satisfied the Rooney rule, and that the coach isnt currently working for a team in the playoffs

Raheem needs to get a gig asap before the DC to HC option craters given the groundswell of belief that DCs do not make the choices for HCs in today's offensive-minded NFL. DCs values as a HC are dropping faster than Plaid Teslas.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raheem needs to get a gig asap before the DC to HC option craters given the groundswell of belief that DCs do not make the choices for HCs in today's offensive-minded NFL. DCs values as a HC are dropping faster than Plaid Teslas.
Demeco Ryans is going to interview in most of the openings, so I doubt anything will be announced "soon" where Morris is a candidate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That opinion is already well established re: DCs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
How so? Ryans is one of the top candidates, Quinn may get the Denver gig and Philly's Gannon is gaining some traction
Butface might get the Sencer job. Quinn curious.

TB12 to the raiders ?

Raheem let’s hope he gets the Indy gig ?