Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So with the right personnel he'll do exactly what Morris did in winning us a Super Bowl? I'm as frustrated as anybody with the soft coverage, ok not even close to some people, but we've seen Morris with a pass rush and 2 corners who can press. He also needs competent safety play to back them up. We haven't seen that from players this year. By and large our defense is the way it is because players aren't/weren't making plays.

Also to counter your support for Flores I'll call him based on your description of him the defensive Hackett. Made a name supporting other peoples defense.
I am thankful for what Morris did for us in that run for the Lombardi. Just like I am thankful for what Wade did during the lead up to 2018. But I view Flores as a better defensive mind. I like his background. I like his mentality. I think he can do more with less than Morris and that would be a net win for the organization.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I am thankful for what Morris did for us in that run for the Lombardi. Just like I am thankful for what Wade did during the lead up to 2018. But I view Flores as a better defensive mind. I like his background. I like his mentality. I think he can do more with less than Morris and that would be a net win for the organization.
Morris has done more this year, with major roster challenges, than Flores did in his best year, with a defense Flores had 2 offseasons to build to his specs.

Looked great destroying Goff… but, big picture, didn’t get the results.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, people said the same when hired about Hackett. He was involved with a lot of good offenses and players but they were never his. Flores might end up being better but he really doesn't have a resume of his own achievements as you even said to be overwhelmingly positive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked great destroying Goff… but, big picture, didn’t get the results.
Wasn't even his defense. Bellicheat ran it designed it and called plays. Saying it was Flores' defense is like calling our offense Coens.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, people said the same when hired about Hackett. He was involved with a lot of good offenses and players but they were never his. Flores might end up being better but he really doesn't have a resume of his own achievements as you even said to be overwhelmingly positive.
I think Flores is the real deal, he's no Hackett. But I'm fine disagreeing on that count with you. Not the first time we've differed and won't be the last.

Also the fallout with him and the owner in Miami probably means he won't be getting any head coach offers in the near future. So I think he represents a DC who can lock it down for you on defense for two or three years before he is back in the head coach circuit. That year two Miami defense is who he is IMO.

For the record not saying Raheem will be fired for sure. I am saying I would fire him. And I am saying McVay may fire him. Of course he will call it some other bullshit, probably anything other than a "firing." But let's wait and see what happens, thankfully we should know soon how things are going to go, as if McVay is going to cast his friend loose he will let him know right away. Best case is Raheem gets a HC gig and I hope that happens, not just so we can get a new DC either. I think and have said that Raheem may be a better HC than he is a coordinator.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flores in Pittsburgh is doing less with more
He's not the DC, Teryl Austin is.
Flores coaches LB's and was handed a roster that includes TJ Watt, Miles Jack & Devin Bush
Not saying he's done a bad job, just saying he was handed a great crew to work with

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Where's Larry Marmie when you need him.

My all-time favorite Mike Martz quote:
'Oh Larry Marmie. Everyone just knows, he's the best!'

For our younger Forum members, Marmie was a Rams' Defensive Coordinator under Martz; and he was really ... REALLY ... Not the Best.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol!
These arent rumors, maybe you should look at what you post.
Article 1 is asking if he'll get a look at any job
Article 2 contains this beauty: "NFL insider for CBS Sports Josina Anderson revealed some early initial names for the now vacant Broncos head coaching position. While Morris isn’t on her first list, his name has still floated around as a potential possibility for Denver. One Broncos fan placed Morris’ name on the “hopeful” list of head coaching candidates.
Article 3 is the best. "The Denver Broncos are searching for a new head coach after firing Vic Fangio over the weekend." Article is from January 2022....

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Lol!
These arent rumors, maybe you should look at what you post.
Article 1 is asking if he'll get a look at any job
Article 2 contains this beauty: "NFL insider for CBS Sports Josina Anderson revealed some early initial names for the now vacant Broncos head coaching position. While Morris isn’t on her first list, his name has still floated around as a potential possibility for Denver. One Broncos fan placed Morris’ name on the “hopeful” list of head coaching candidates.
Article 3 is the best. "The Denver Broncos are searching for a new head coach after firing Vic Fangio over the weekend." Article is from January 2022....
Just did a quick google, sorry, had a bunch on my phone last couple days

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I'm beginning to wonder if the Rams were winning because of Morris or in spite of him. I do not believe that the whiners have exceptionally better defensive talent than the Rams but their defense is dominant, especially against us. Morris did kick it up in the playoffs, but with the players we have, shouldn't we be dominant instead of middle of the pack? I know that our offense didn't pitch in this season, but still.....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm beginning to wonder if the Rams were winning because of Morris or in spite of him. I do not believe that the whiners have exceptionally better defensive talent than the Rams but their defense is dominant, especially against us. Morris did kick it up in the playoffs, but with the players we have, shouldn't we be dominant instead of middle of the pack? I know that our offense didn't pitch in this season, but still.....
Keep talking all your NINER’s stuff. Tell me more after they win the Superbowl with the last player in the draft leading the way.
Tell us all about their consecutive win streak as well.
Then again let’s see who gets a HC job first between the 2 DC’s.
—I have no clue what’s going to happen,but I’d like to see The Rams have another kick butt game. Hate looking down the state when The Rams are playing for whose house it is.
—Actually if that other team was playing at SOFI we know what color the stands would be.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our secondary was not good behind that rush. But he did the job. Bottom line.

Going forward though, that is a whole other discussion.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

The Rams boast one of the best run defenses in the NFL this season​

USATSI_18949505.jpg

Skyler Carlin

December 29, 2022 12:32 pm PT

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is after losing starters A'Shaun Robinson & Aaron Donald to injuries plus NT Greg Gaines has been dealing with an injury-filled season too. A couple of weeks ago Morris lost Robinson's replacement DT Copeland to a high Ankle Sprain & dumped DE/ER's Justin Hollins & Terrell Lewis.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is after losing starters A'Shaun Robinson & Aaron Donald to injuries plus NT Greg Gaines has been dealing with an injury-filled season too. A couple of weeks ago Morris lost Robinson's replacement DT Copeland to a high Ankle Sprain & dumped DE/ER's Justin Hollins & Terrell Lewis.

Hoecht & J. Williams both out there hands down & have been getting after it. Really nice to see. Copeland came in & he can play a little from either side as well like Hoecht?
—Hoecht really comes in and players hard.The Rams are using Thomas as well sometimes.

Eric Henderson is The Best D’Line coach I’ve ever seen(remember) with The Rams. He might be The Best in The NFL.I think he might make a good DC as well?

Those 3 Hoecht,Williams & Copeland were all UDRFA like from 2020? I’m 2021 they really had to battle each other for a roster spot.The way Hoecht gets after is cool.

I’ve been to a few training camps.went to SOFI for OTA(opening).
The Rams Franchise really is Fan Friendly. Watching these guys develop is something that doesn’t happen over night,but seeing it on the practice field it sticks out.

T. Lewis In training camp was never 100% healthy. I always wanted to give him an excuse.
Hollins had a good training camp in 2021 but got hurt? He wasn’t getting off the ball though. Never a pass rusher.
Chris Garrett disappeared & might be good 1 play,but never stood out & couldn’t hold an Edge.

Hoecht though was always playing hard & had that motor going always.
He was playing more RDT & maybe edge every so often.
J. Williams was right with Hoecht battling for reps. He would find his way in the backfield.Held the line well.
Copeland was always coming in a coming out with say like Greg Gaines.
He was more into a rotation & penciled in making the roster.

— this year 98 & 96 were hard to keep track of Carter & Thomas. Hoecht #97.

When your trying to find players quick & all the number changes & everything that’s going on it gets crazy. There are a lot of these thoughts though from preseason as well. Sort of all goes into evaluating what you might think is the future.

—Reflecting back is interesting. Watching The Offensive Lineman now vs. years past is day & night. There are so many limits on where you can go & stand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Eric Henderson gets almost all the credit. He has another assistant with him,but he is hands on with this guys. AD99 loves him. They all take there Reps.

A guy Ram Fans were down on & he was hurt going into training camp 2021. Then in got caught with PEDS & suspended 4 games was IMO a blessing.

In training camp 2022 Insaw Bobby Brown chase down a (RB/QB/WR) from inside all the way to the sideline. I was super Impressed with his effort.
—The cool thing about Bobby Brown being suspended was he could play through pain & the preseason.If he was hurt it didn’t matter.Just learn to play through pain & play hard.

IMO Bobby Brown is going to be Really Good!!! A”Rob will probably get The Rams a nice COMP pick.

As bad as 2022 has been The Rams always find away to reload.

As far a Raheem Morris goes. He is a Kool Cat - The Rams are Blessed to have him as a DC!! I’ve said it from The Beginning & will continue to APPRECIATE Raheem Morris as a Rams coach.
Raheem Morris will do The Best for The Rams & himself as well.He has been all in on MAKING The Rams Future Better!!