Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's not bad or it's not good?

IMO just hearing Raheem do his pregame against the Broncos.

I have NO DOUBT Mcvay & Morris will both be back together again in 2023.

For ALL THE HATERS get use to it.

I also like listening to him about the silver lining. He sees some good things from the younger players.I listen to Jalen as well & like where his head space is at & his maturity . His growth as A MAN & a LEADER!!

So The Rams D” isn’t perfect or Ramsey gets beat time to time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

For me it's the only life
That I've ever known
And the Rams are only one
Fine star away
Even though the living
Is sometimes laced with lies
It's alright
The feeling remains
Even after the glitter fades

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

I also like listening to him about the silver lining. He sees some good things from the younger players.I listen to Jalen as well & like where his head space is at & his maturity . His growth as A MAN & a LEADER!!

So The Rams D” isn’t perfect or Ramsey gets beat time to time.

What if he's not back? Will you be upset?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What if he's not back? Will you be upset?

No - whatever is best for him or The Rams.I just think his mindset is in the right place as a DC(coach). Easy answer

There are going to be some tough decisions like always & he has a solid football mind.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For me it's the only life
That I've ever known
And the Rams are only one
Fine star away
Even though the living
Is sometimes laced with lies
It's alright
The feeling remains
Even after the glitter fades

True - there has been some tough times. In Raheem’s case 1 season 1 Super Bowl with The Rams.
I will say in hindsight those tough losses The Rams had Tampa & Hags that maybe it helps The Rams a little in the 2023 draft? AD99 is going to be healthy & The Rams found a new DE/OLB of the future.
—Hollins was released & maybe he & Lewis has a chance to make the playoffs.(Hollins GB)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is a reasonable chance we change DC this offseason. I think fans forget that McVay routinely makes the tough calls. He moved on from Wade when he wanted to learn the Fangio scheme. He moved on from Goff when a lesser head coach would have addressed the OL and crossed his fingers. He moved on from Cooks due to the injuries and stink of the SB loss. He moved on from DJax quickly in spite of their history together. Say what you want about him but he puts the team first.

So no idea if it happens or if it does what the moves end up looking like. But I would guess that since he has such a deep trust with Raheem he might slide him over to offense as asst HC, though that would require a demotion or firing of Brown who currently holds said title. Or some other job in the org. You can't have enough leaders like Raheem on a team that's for sure. I respect the hell out of him in that regard. But he is not dynamic enough as a gameday caller or as a gameplan preparer and that has to change. I will be surprised if a move does not get made at that coordinator spot.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
There is a reasonable chance we change DC this offseason. I think fans forget that McVay routinely makes the tough calls. He moved on from Wade when he wanted to learn the Fangio scheme. He moved on from Goff when a lesser head coach would have addressed the OL and crossed his fingers. He moved on from Cooks due to the injuries and stink of the SB loss. He moved on from DJax quickly in spite of their history together. Say what you want about him but he puts the team first.

So no idea if it happens or if it does what the moves end up looking like. But I would guess that since he has such a deep trust with Raheem he might slide him over to offense as asst HC, though that would require a demotion or firing of Brown who currently holds said title. Or some other job in the org. You can't have enough leaders like Raheem on a team that's for sure. I respect the hell out of him in that regard. But he is not dynamic enough as a gameday caller or as a gameplan preparer and that has to change. I will be surprised if a move does not get made at that coordinator spot.

Maybe?
But I just don't see any sunlight between those two. I have no idea if there were any dynamics with the Wade relationship, outside of scheme, that made McVay want to move on there. And, as you said.. McVay wanted to change scheme... and to think that Morris and him aren't in lockstep when it comes to scheme decision on defense seems far fetched to me.
I've brought up the possibility of giving Morris an assistant HC role.. and some have shot it down, pointing out it's a demotion. While that's true... if Morris does *not* get an HC position? What kind of leverage would he have? What kind of career is he looking at? I just don't know. But I don't hate that idea to give McVay more time with offense. Brown took some hits, imo, this season. No improvements in his areas of responsibility... and the guy he hired seemed to have major issues communicating with the RB room and has scampered back to college.
If there's a clear upgrade available at DC? Someone like Vic Fangio? I think you'd explore it. Eviro may fit that description.. but, even if Denver fires Hackett, I think they may try to keep Eviro.
I do think we'll see changes in position coaches on defense.. the young DBs have not shown any growth. How does Rochell not see the field? I don't get it.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Some rumors Morris to Denver.... but fans hopes and rumors are not fact... yet.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Now... THAT'S interesting.

The Denver situation is way less than ideal.. and they won't want a first time coach again.
How many "prime" coaches will want to deal with the Wilson mess? Morris would have to jump at the chance.

I could easily see this happening, to be honest.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As it pertains to Morris vs Wade Phillips situation, IIRC Phillips contract had expired and the Rams chose to go a different direction. I think Morris is under contract

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
pray.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupped if the rumors are true...

suicide-shotgun.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Kupped if the rumors are true...

suicide-shotgun.gif
I get it.

But… No, not even close.

I’m a Rams fan and those 3rd round picks are immensely valuable to this team.

Morris is a good coordinator.., but not at all irreplaceable.

The biggest bummer of this scenario is that it’s easy to see Eviro being kept on as DC in Denver.. blowing out the best, easiest replacement option.

Can only hope Asshole Face doesn’t take a job and that Fangio is a possibility.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the only the only Rumors regarding Morris as a HC candidate in Denver are from posters creating them on Rams MB's Lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think the only the only Rumors regarding Morris as a HC candidate in Denver are from posters creating them on Rams MB's Lol

Well, Morris not making the playoffs will help his chances no matter how you want to look at it to interview for job openings.There are other reasons he can get interviews as well,besides being the Best Candidate as well.
—Joking aside -lol
I’d say there is a lot of wishful thinking that he is not going to be The Rams DC

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Legitimately have no idea.

I don’t think he’s in any top tier.. but what is it going to take to bring a top tier guy into Denver with that Wilson mess?

I think it’s possible the new, very rich, owners throw a ridiculous amount of money at a top guy and say…” we’ll ride out the Wilson situation with you”… but I could easily see top candidates not wanting the hassle.