PREGAME Pregame Thread - Lions at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.footballzebras.com/2021/10/week-7-referee-assignments-2021/
https://www.footballzebras.com/2021/06/officiating-crews-for-the-2021-season/

R52Bill Vinovich16San Diegocertified public accountant
U115Tony Michalek20*RogersIndianachief executive officer
DJ106Patrick Holt3TorbertBogerNorth Carolina StateIT manager
LJ9Mark Perlman21Corrente*Salemteacher
FJ57Joe Blubaugh2BlakemanNAPittsburg Stateregional sales manager
SJ86Jimmy Buchanan13SmithBlakemanSouth Carolina Statefood service director
BJ82Jimmy Russell3AllenAllenPasco Hernando Stateinsurance agent
  • Replay official: Mark Butterworth
  • Replay assistant: Yvonda Lewis
  • Position change: Perlman (DJ→LJ)
Yuck.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have always been of the opinion that the QB should always be the first one in and the last one out.

From what I have heard, he did just enough to satisfy McVay.

Can you blame me for wanting more.

And remember, I thought Goff was great but made stupid decisions from time to time and I am thinking that if he was the first one in and the last one out, that extra time spent may have kept him from making as many stupid decisions.

Miami game is a perfect example. If he spent the extra time, maybe he sees that a WR screen will work against Miami's Cover 0 defense and audibles into that play.

Just a thought on my part.

Blast away but that's how I feel.
Nothing to blast on, you're mixing metaphors. Wolford being first in, last out has no correlation to Goff or any other player. All that nonsense is about justifying his spot on the team. Its called embellishment. Its just silly that people cant see the forest thru the trees on this.
This ill prepared stuff is just weak sauce. Goff is/was as prepared for every game 100%, and staying late to help the towel guy clean the locker room wasnt going to help. Goff just doesnt process fast enough, plain and simple.

Tano

Legend
Nothing to blast on, you're mixing metaphors. Wolford being first in, last out has no correlation to Goff or any other player. All that nonsense is about justifying his spot on the team. Its called embellishment. Its just silly that people cant see the forest thru the trees on this.
This ill prepared stuff is just weak sauce. Goff is/was as prepared for every game 100%, and staying late to help the towel guy clean the locker room wasnt going to help. Goff just doesnt process fast enough, plain and simple.
We will have to agree to disagree because I feel that Goff did not prepare enough for some games like he should have.

He is a very good QB on some games and terrible in others. I think a lot of that has to do with preparation.

I was hoping since he seems to be a really good guy that his 6th year would be when he decided to really concentrate on football like other great QBs in the past that really start to come around their 6th year. But he hasn't yet and is still making the same silly mistakes like he did in the last couple years.

I will always like what Goff did for us but I hope we destroy him in this game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There were times when I loved how Jared played, with e NFCCG in Nawlins being the most impressive for me. I think everyone was pulling for him to do well, because he was our guy, like it or not.

I hope the fans at SoFi give him and Brockers a standing ovation, honoring his time here. We have a better QB now in Matthew Stafford and that's what happens in this business, but thanks Jared for everything you tried to do.

Then it’s honoring there time.I think what Brockers did for The Rams franchise was more important than Jared Goff’s. He made such a difference & it goes back to being The 1st. Player Les Snead drafted as a Rams GM.He really was a pillar & his leadership meant a lot.
IMO M. Brockers resigning with The Rams after that Baltimore Ravens BS.He helped make The RAMS 2020 Defense #1 in The NFL.
—I know a lot of Fans have been Talking Chit about The 2021 Defense.
Crazy to think Jeff Fisher had so much talent.I was always against The trade for Jared Goff,only because it put The Rams at a rebuild.
I was going to just post about Jared Goff without Cooper Kupp,but he took The Rams to the SuperBowl & playoffs last year without him. I liked what he did as a Ram.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will have to agree to disagree because I feel that Goff did not prepare enough for some games like he should have.
Because you were there and witnessed this yourself? Nah... Goff just wasnt good enough, no need to make excuses for his poor play

Tano

Legend
Because you were there and witnessed this yourself? Nah... Goff just wasnt good enough, no need to make excuses for his poor play
Feel and Know are too completely different things

This is my hunch and I am sticking with it

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm interested in how the fans receive Goff. He did some good things here...but we, as fans know his weaknesses. He can't read defenses and under pressure he's hesitant to use his mobility.

Only Goff can make himself better!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
There’s a bit of a funny irony in the fact that this will be the first time Goff will play at SoFi in front of a crowd.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

He is a very good QB on some games and terrible in others. I think a lot of that has to do with preparation.

I was hoping since he seems to be a really good guy that his 6th year would be when he decided to really concentrate on football like other great QBs in the past that really start to come around their 6th year. But he hasn't yet and is still making the same silly mistakes like he did in the last couple years.

The thing that got me the most about Jared Goff was how much he CHEWED TOBACCO as a Pro Athlete.
Leading into 2020 Jared Goff had been in Mcvay’s system for 3 seasons.
Going into his 4th season with Mcvay & fresh into an extension which I HATE The Rams do the thought process is he owns this offense.
I get Goff was going through yet another OC,but he had ALL WEAPONS coming back.The offensive line was coming together.
Personally I was Very Disappointed with how he prepared & came into The 2020 season.He (Rams)should have been well ahead of most ALL NFL Teams.There Defense ends up being the Strength of a Offensive Minded HC in Mcvay.
—Glad The Rams got out of another F”D UP contract.Demoff is great with the salary cap.My problem is some of these HUGE contracts.I liked how they waited on AD99. I also don’t think The Rams should have waited as long as they did with him.
—Gurley they signed & The Steelers BELL sat out the whole season.I thought they should have waited.

—I’m one that goes all the way back to the Old Days.An example of Marc Bulger & SJ39.I was at least at one point wanting Matt Ryan one year & Jay Cutler before that.I think drafting a QB is HUGE.I also think trading up for one is not a good process.There are examples that change that thought when choice(discussion)comes.

Always get off point,but being a long time Draftnik & Ram Fan I’ve always looked back.

What will Holmes do with the 2022 season.The Lions are already looking ahead for sure.What’s Jared Goff’s future? I think Les Snead(Mcvay) do an excellent job working together.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Not saying this wasn't the case, because... I wasn't there.
But another alternative is that different opponents offer different problems to solve.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add this Jamir Jones & The Rams coaching staff. Les Snead works with them all.The Rams have a GREAT process.
Raheem Morris,Shula, & Snead deserve credit. - Joe D. As well. With this find. Mcvay let’s the process work,so he probably deserves the most credit when looking at things as a whole. Hollins last season is another example.Sucks he got hurt because he was starting to bloom.

Then add Reggie Scott now to clearing & getting Terrell Lewis ready for each 2020 & 2021 seasons.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm interested in how the fans receive Goff. He did some good things here...but we, as fans know his weaknesses. He can't read defenses and under pressure he's hesitant to use his mobility.

Only Goff can make himself better!!!
I am a solid critic of Goff's play and supporter of moving on from him.
I'll be at the game Sunday and will cheer loudly for him when he's introduced. He gave us some great moments and was a key part of the team coming out of the darkness.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not saying this wasn't the case, because... I wasn't there.
But another alternative is that different opponents offer different problems to solve.

Certain teams also take away from a Players(teams) strengths.Try to find the opponents weakness.

The NFL is not for long.Things change & a lot of game studying has to be done.

In Jared Goff’s case he was tending more towards a HOTTIE than The Hot Read & spending as much time dedicated to his craft. He SIGNED a HUGE contract & that comes with higher expectations & commitment.

Some will say other wise & I might be over the Top. I’d just say I understand,but with Greatness there comes a Sacrifice. I question Matthew Stafford for his wife letting Fans into there home.I think it is a distraction & not (class) professional.Selfish on her part to put that out there.
I’m a Rams Fan & like everyone else have my own opinion.
In Jared Goff’s case I wish him well,but only so much.I think he has to find himself as a player & teammate. Time will tell with BOTH QB’s.
I like The change & leadership.I believe Stafford is committed & I don’t know if that podcast(YouTube) is still going on.I think the less distraction the better. Keep to We,not Me.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rams defense is moving up.

The Lions rank 25th. You can run on them, too.

I highlighted the Chargers to show Staley’s D has dropped in recent weeks. They are dead last allowing 162 yards rushing a game. Ouch.

View attachment 49088
Yeah, last year really was a confluence of the great defense and the perfect mix of players. That's why some people are advocating that the D has to evolve to fit what we have here now. Losing JJ, Hill, Brockers, Fox, and Ebukam was a huge collective hit that I think people didn't realize. Especially JJ and Hill.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Goff may have a hot start like Jones did last week, but his mistakes will eventually catch up to him.

Regardless I'd be touched to hear a nice appreciation cheer from the crowd at pre-game.

If this team is going to the Superbowl, the D and O will have to figure out a way to put together 4 quarters of consistent play. We can't beat teams like Arizona (oh God, I puked in my mouth there) if we don't come out in the first quarter in both phases firing on all cylinders.

WestCoastRam

Legend

I think that's an important point, maybe he did put in the work and it was just the processing part that killed him. Thiry's article on ESPN quoted one source that said he had a good work ethic and another that said that it was mainly a lack of ability to process when on the field. I always suspected there was some aspect of a work ethic given that he'd follow up bad games with good games and then regress again. Either way, it was the stuff that wasn't his arm or physical talent that was his downfall. I think we can all agree on that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, last year really was a confluence of the great defense and the perfect mix of players. That's why some people are advocating that the D has to evolve to fit what we have here now. Losing JJ, Hill, Brockers, Fox, and Ebukam was a huge collective hit that I think people didn't realize. Especially JJ and Hill.
Sure.. but a full offseason looking at tape is part of it as well. You've got to keep adjusting and evolving in this league as you well know.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This one honestly makes me feel bad for Goff. He was a good dude and did a ton for the Rams and I hope he can make a comeback..... But man I will be pissed if he uses all of this to create a miraculous upset on Sunday....