PREGAME Pregame Thread - Lions at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This one honestly makes me feel bad for Goff. He was a good dude and did a ton for the Rams and I hope he can make a comeback..... But man I will be pissed if he uses all of this to create a miraculous upset on Sunday....

That was painful to read.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Two of Stafford's interceptions were either tipped or went off the hands of a receiver. That said, his goofy interception to Quandre Diggs in the Seahawks game was inexcusable. WTH? This must have made McVay tear out his hair. Would love to be a fly on the wall during his half-time rants. Maybe that's why the team seems to wake up in the second half of games.

Glad Goff is gone. Tired of seeing multiple fumbles in almost every game. No need to bash him further. He's already in NFL purgatory.

Been reading some of the Lions fan forums this week. Btw they have great fans with hilarious takes on their team. One guy claimed that after every loss, HC Dan Campbell watches game film in the dark with a box of Kleenex. :laugh4:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Prisco's NFL Week 7 picks: Lions' Jared Goff keeps it close vs. former team;​

Detroit Lions (+15) at Los Angeles Rams

Latest Odds:Los Angeles Rams -15

The Lions are winless and coming off their worst loss of the year. The Rams blew out the Giants last week and clearly are the better team. This will match Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford against his former team and Lions quarterback Jared Goff against his former team. The problem is Goff doesn't have enough firepower to keep up. But the Lions will hang around.

Pick: Rams 27, Lions 20

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Prisco's NFL Week 7 picks: Lions' Jared Goff keeps it close vs. former team;​

Detroit Lions (+15) at Los Angeles Rams

Latest Odds:Los Angeles Rams -15

The Lions are winless and coming off their worst loss of the year. The Rams blew out the Giants last week and clearly are the better team. This will match Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford against his former team and Lions quarterback Jared Goff against his former team. The problem is Goff doesn't have enough firepower to keep up. But the Lions will hang around.

Pick: Rams 27, Lions 20

Goddamn I hate when I agree with Prisco.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
That was painful to read.
From article ---"On Sunday, it happened again in the 34-11 bloodletting against Cincinnati. Goff didn’t see Swift uncovered to the right on fourth-and-4, and instead rolled left before -- and I kid you not -- throwing away the football."

I saw that in the highlights. Whew, that was pretty bad.
( Not Anti Goff. was hoping for positive things. But the way he is getting knocked
around, I'm would be surprised if he knew were he was at half the time.)

Tano

Legend
From article ---"On Sunday, it happened again in the 34-11 bloodletting against Cincinnati. Goff didn’t see Swift uncovered to the right on fourth-and-4, and instead rolled left before -- and I kid you not -- throwing away the football."

I saw that in the highlights. Whew, that was pretty bad.
( Not Anti Goff. was hoping for positive things. But the way he is getting knocked
around, I'm would be surprised if he knew were he was at half the time.)
Yeah 15 sacks by the 6th game and probably getting hit a ton right after throwing the ball will do that to you

Plus I see it just getting worse without Ragnow

I see an average of 5 sacks a game possibly in the next few games.

I can see Goff getting sacked at a rate of plus 50 over the course of this season.

Heck it could get close to the record of 76 if it gets as bad as I think it could.

David Carr anyone?

Psycho_X

Legend
Goddamn I hate when I agree with Prisco.

Man I don't know, the only strength the Lions offense had going into this season was it's offensive line and Hockenson. Their best player on the entire team, center Ragnow, is on injured reserve making two oline starters out, rookie tackle Sewell has shown his rawness after not playing football since 2019 and also has a bum ankle, Hockenson has a knee injury that has limited him in practice, and their best RB Swift, as well as Brockers, are all nursing injuries.

After the Jets game last year I don't want to overlook anyone and neither should the Rams. But god damn we should annihilate this team. There's no reason our front 7 shouldn't be all over Goff's nuts most of the game. There's always a revenge game factor for Goff but I'd be disappointed if the Lions score more than 10 points against us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You seriously think it's going to be that close??
Goff isn't the only QB to be playing the payback game.
Mr Stafford will be on point.
I do. Goff gets into rhythm with underneath throws and Morris' defense plays into that. Mentioned all this earlier in the thread, but yeah I am of the mind that Goff will bust his ass this week and show up and play well.

I don't think they win the game because the Rams are that much better. But I expect to be irritated by Detroit moving the ball up and down the field.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I do. Goff gets into rhythm with underneath throws and Morris' defense plays into that. Mentioned all this earlier in the thread, but yeah I am of the mind that Goff will bust his ass this week and show up and play well.

I don't think they win the game because the Rams are that much better. But I expect to be irritated by Detroit moving the ball up and down the field.
The other part people aren't talking about enough is McVay and what he wants to accomplish in this game. Everyone is focused on Goff and Stafford. And yes while they both obviously want to play well, its McVay that has the biggest ego of the three. And I bet more than anything he wants to prove he was right to trade Goff and bring in Stafford. The first 6 weeks have already proved him right, but I really think McVay will want to hammer home the message this week. I bet we throw the ball a ton and try and score 40 points. He will want to make sure Stafford has a huge huge game. While I do think Goff will play pretty well, I still think we blow them out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other part people aren't talking about enough is McVay and what he wants to accomplish in this game. Everyone is focused on Goff and Stafford. And yes while they both obviously want to play well, its McVay that has the biggest ego of the three. And I bet more than anything he wants to prove he was right to trade Goff and bring in Stafford. The first 6 weeks have already proved him right, but I really think McVay will want to hammer home the message this week. I bet we throw the ball a ton and try and score 40 points. He will want to make sure Stafford has a huge huge game. While I do think Goff will play pretty well, I still think we blow them out.
I agree with you. I do believe he'll overthink it and try to pass too much and it will work against him. This offense is at its best when it's balanced. :clinkingbeer:

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I think once Goff was extended by the Rams, he did not care much about football except sashaying around with his bikini girlfriend and living the high life.

Goff might retire at the end of this year and be done with football. He is set for life. Why play football in the Siberia of the NFL or be a backup?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think once Goff was extended by the Rams, he did not care much about football except sashaying around with his bikini girlfriend and living the high life.

Goff might retire at the end of this year and be done with football. He is set for life. Why play football in the Siberia of the NFL or be a backup?

That is pure bullshit and conjecture. This isn't a school yard, we don't need to make up rumors.

Goff started dating his girlfriend before the 2018 season and they became public a few weeks in, but sure as soon as he started dating her he stopped caring about football. He only leaves her for weeks/months during the offseason to train, while she's doing her shoots, clearly the man doesn't care.

Dumbest fucking takes I've ever heard regarding his backslide, it reeks of jealousy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That is pure bullshit and conjecture. This isn't a school yard, we don't need to make up rumors.

Goff started dating his girlfriend before the 2018 season and they became public a few weeks in, but sure as soon as he started dating her he stopped caring about football. He only leaves her for weeks/months during the offseason to train, while she's doing her shoots, clearly the man doesn't care.

Dumbest fucking takes I've ever heard regarding his backslide, it reeks of jealousy.
Your avatar is amazing, haha.

Tano

Legend

Not that I am agreeing with the poster, but I have heard many times that they started dating right after the KC game.

Where have you gotten your information about him dating her before the season? Sincere question.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not that I am agreeing with the poster, but I have heard many times that they started dating right after the KC game.

Where have you gotten your information about him dating her before the season? Sincere question.

She lived in the same town that my parents were in when we were in LA, and my friend went to high school with her. Before the season started he mentioned how he thought it was cool someone he was semi friends with was dating Goff. She was also posting stuff on her Instagram stories at the Rams games with Andrew Witworth's wife early in the season, including the Chargers game and the Cardinals game, which I vividly remember seeing. There were rumours of them dating in the offseason, then there were stories of her at the game sitting with player wives, and then during the season they went public.

They were dating beforehand, they were just being more private about it, which is 100% Goff's style. He's even mentioned it before in interviews how he slid into her DMs during the offseason but they kept it lowkey at first.

btfd16

Rookie
I hung out with him at the 2020 Waste Management Open. Boy did we not care about football that day.