(Poll) Who would you start this weekend? The Wolford/Goff Collection Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB are you starting?

• The Wolf

• Perkins

• Bortles

• Hekker the Wrecker

• Case Keenum

• Cam Akers

• Dieter Brock

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
A ball was dropped in the end zone and an Akers fumble at the one yard line. Two touchdown drives right there.
Excuses that I'm not gonna hear. Did he lead the team to a touchdown drive or not? He didn't that's the bottom line. The scoreboard nor the packers care about why he couldn't do it.

JRobinson

MiLB
Right now, Goff led the team on 2 TD drives and 20 offensive points in his last game.
Wolford led the team to 12 points in over 1 game, no TD drives and got knocked out.
Right now I don’t see how Wolford is the better option.

and that’s ok. Goff hit a wide open Woods due to a busted coverage.... Wolford couldn’t have done the same thing?

Again, if you and others are ok with placing a QB who has turned the ball over more than anyone over the past two seasons, a questionable interior OLine in pass pro, and a guy who can’t move in the pocket at all... or even feel the pocket to any degree.... then fine. That’s not even mentioning the busted up thumb.
I, would rather have Wolford the remainder of this season.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Not excuses. Facts.
Call it what you want the fact remains the same. Wolford hasn't lead the team to any touchdowns drives for whatever reason and goff did while injured, playing a better team, in the playoffs, and coming off the bench. Those are the facts.

JRobinson

MiLB
I see this has turned into a wolford vs goff thread lol....

All the back and forth is really just based on conjecture. Wolford is an undrafted back up QB who has played 1.1 games in his nfl career.

He could be the next kurt warner... but going with the percentages he is more likely the next kellen clemens.

It's just kind of pointless imo to argue about a QB who has such little body of evidence.

I’m not arguing about the future of the franchise. I’m lobbying for the remainder of this season.

JRobinson

MiLB
Call it what you want the fact remains the same. Wolford hasn't lead the team to any touchdowns drives for whatever reason and goff did while injured, playing a better team, in the playoffs, and coming off the bench. Those are the facts.

When Wolford starts this weekend, that will also be fact.
Try not to be so oblivious that Goff sucks at the moment and has regressed while holding this offense back in ways.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually Goff had played a game just like Wolfords - the NFCCG against the Saints. Early pick, team went down, tore it up the rest of the game. Main difference is that there were no drops or fumbles on the one yard line.

And this is widely considered Goff's best career game because of the stage - but Wolford's stage was also unusually large given the circumstances

Except for the fact that Goff's passing numbers against the Saints were vastly superior, Goff led the Rams' offense to 26 points in one of the toughest environments in the NFL (at NO in the NFCCG), and was facing Drew Brees, not a hobbled Murray and a CFL backup. So no, actually, the game wasn't "just like" Wolford's. Continue grasping at straws.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and that’s ok. Goff hit a wide open Woods due to a busted coverage.... Wolford couldn’t have done the same thing?
Really? That's all it took? C'mon man, I do hope you know thats a lame way to look at it. Wolford hasnt done that, so the answer is no.
Again, if you and others are ok with placing a QB who has turned the ball over more than anyone over the past two seasons, a questionable interior OLine in pass pro, and a guy who can’t move in the pocket at all... or even feel the pocket to any degree.... then fine. That’s not even mentioning the busted up thumb.
I, would rather have Wolford the remainder of this season.
Ok, So Wolford threw an INT (almost a pick 6) in his recent start, and Goff (busted thumb and all) had 0 turnovers in his previous game.
So by your logic, recent history and all, Goff is lesser turnover prone. But you'd still start the other guy?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
When Wolford starts this weekend, that will also be fact.
Yea so you have no argument which is to be suspected because wolf has shown zero evidence that shows he's better than even a injured goff imo. But I get it you dont like goff.

JRobinson

MiLB
Really? That's all it took? C'mon man, I do hope you know thats a lame way to look at it. Wolford hasnt done that, so the answer is no.
Sorry you think my take is lame. If that’s the first read in the play call, any QB is making that throw.

Ok, So Wolford threw an INT (almost a pick 6) in his recent start, and Goff (busted thumb and all) had 0 turnovers in his previous game.
So by your logic, recent history and all, Goff is lesser turnover prone. But you'd still start the other guy?

This is not my logic. But yes, I’m starting the other guy.

JRobinson

MiLB
Yea so you have no argument which is to be suspected because wolf has shown zero evidence that shows he's better than even a injured goff imo. But I get it you dont like goff.

Can you quote me in one post where I said that?

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is simply not enough 'data' to make an honest assessment on Wolford. I loved the Cardinals game...it was fun, it was exciting and he did some stuff with the ball in hand that was refreshing to see, but beating a Rodgers led GB in Lambeau (in January) is a BIG ask of any QB, let alone a QB who has only completed 1 meaningful NFL game in his life, and got knocked out the game in the other.

But this thread is not about Wolford (although he is intrinsically linked to the equation), it is about Goff and McVay's relationship.

There is no arguing that Goff has not been right (irrespective of the thumb) in recent times. Goffs record was something like 22-6 in his career after the 2018 Chiefs thriller, and something like 23-16 since that game. I believe he has also turned the ball over more than any QB in the league, in the last 3 seasons. If not the most, he is up there. Stats aside...the eyeball test flags up a lot of issues with Goffs game, and none of us really know exactly what is driving it - there will of course be many variables - all I know is that McVay has been more obviously critical & frustrated with Goff this year, than ever before - citing his lack of ability to "see the field" on more than one occasion, and commenting on his need to do better when going through his reads.

Who knows how this whole situation ends, but there is likely a lot of pages left to be written in this story.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man I was going to respond to a few of these but the comedic gold is just too much to ruin. Double standards, assumptions and what if's abound. Lets give one guy the benefit of the doubt but not the other. Lets make a mediocre performance into something great. Lets criticize one guy for an injury then not the other guy. Oh yeah it sucks for Wolford that he got hurt but I seem to remember being very harshly criticized for saying he needed to avoid those kind of situations running and sure as shit he gets hurt his next game because he didn't pay attention to me. TY JRob for an entertaining ride this morning.

JRobinson

MiLB
What that you dont like goff? Sorry to break it to you but your posting history is proof enough without actually saying it.

Well let me clarify for you. I like Goff a lot. He is a pure pocket passer which I prefer rather than a scrambling QB. He’s accurate most of the time, and has proven that when he’s on, he’s an above average QB.

However, right now..... he’s none of these things. Add a thumb issue to that;

He’s not the start.

JRobinson

MiLB
Man I was going to respond to a few of these but the comedic gold is just too much to ruin. Double standards, assumptions and what if's abound. Lets give one guy the benefit of the doubt but not the other. Lets make a mediocre performance into something great. Lets criticize one guy for an injury then not the other guy. Oh yeah it sucks for Wolford that he got hurt but I seem to remember being very harshly criticized for saying he needed to avoid those kind of situations running and sure as shit he gets hurt his next game because he didn't pay attention to me. TY JRob for an entertaining ride this morning.

Your welcome bud.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Well let me clarify for you. I like Goff a lot. He is a pure pocket passer which I prefer rather than a scrambling QB. He’s accurate most of the time, and has proven that when he’s on, he’s an above average QB.

However, right now..... he’s none of these things. Add a thumb issue to that;

He’s not the start.
Ok got it but I disagree. I dont believe the qb who has lead zero touchdowns drives is the best option in a do or die situation especially going against the #1 offense.

JRobinson

MiLB
Ok got it but I disagree. I dont believe the qb who has lead zero touchdowns drives is the best option in a do or die situation especially going against the #1 offense.
That’s fair. Just realize that when Goff gets sacked a few times for improper reads, can’t make a throw for whatever the reason, or turns it over like he has every game except the last one..... it will be too late.

But if he does start... I hope he finds it and can take care of the football and lead us to a SB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s fair. Just realize that when Goff gets sacked a few times for improper reads, can’t make a throw for whatever the reason, or turns it over like he has every game except the last one..... it will be too late.

But if he does start... I hope he finds it and can take care of the football and lead us to a SB
Ok, then is it also fair to hope that if he does start, that Wolford doesnt throw another terrible INT, can lead a TD drive for the first time in his career and not get knocked out the first time he takes off and runs?