(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I am a rookie on this site, first post.
I like Wentz. I don't really like Goff at all as a fit for us. I wish him the best, though. Goff with his small hands, may have trouble in the rain and cold. He had trouble playing against Oregon, where I read he was pulled from the game on a very wet and pretty windy night. Goff's ability to grip the ball and slight stature will be tested against aggressive teams that play in inclement weather. Wentz is a proven winner. His size will help him survive the NFL. His ability to run with that size is nice when you are 1 yard away from scoring. He has all the tools to win, and SURVIVE. Our O-line is not quite there yet, and Jared Goff may find it difficult to stay injury free, this ain't college anymore. I am not looking forward to another potential Sam Bradford fiasco.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Initially, I thought we'd pick Wentz because it fit within Fisher and Snead's preference for potential. But after the past few days, I think we're going Goff. Seems like all the reporters who would have sources are saying Goff and some of them are flipping on previous stances to say Goff.

I can't lie. This pleases me. Goff is definitely my preference and the guy I was willing to sell the farm for.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok, I am a rookie on this site, first post.
I like Wentz. I don't really like Goff at all as a fit for us. I wish him the best, though. Goff with his small hands, may have trouble in the rain and cold. He had trouble playing against Oregon, where I read he was pulled from the game on a very wet and pretty windy night. Goff's ability to grip the ball and slight stature will be tested against aggressive teams that play in inclement weather. Wentz is a proven winner. His size will help him survive the NFL. His ability to run with that size is nice when you are 1 yard away from scoring. He has all the tools to win, and SURVIVE. Our O-line is not quite there yet, and Jared Goff may find it difficult to stay injury free, this ain't college anymore. I am not looking forward to another potential Sam Bradford fiasco.
Welcome to ROD OreganRamFan.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I voted Wentz still, but if I had to quantify it, I would do it this way: 50.1% Wentz, 49.9% Goff. It's that close, in my opinion.

Now to be sure, they are different QB's with different strengths, but either one of them could be a good fit in the Rams offense. I like Wentz's size, physicality, his intelligence and work ethic, and just can't believe anyone with his natural talents and willingness to work to get better can fail. I like Goff's outstanding accuracy, his ability to make subtle shifts in the pocket to keep a play alive, and demonstrated ability to play well under duress.

Damn, this is a close call. Fortunately, the Rams win either way. Either way they get an excellent prospect at the most important position.

I'm not going to pretend to know who they are going to draft, even if the media winds are blowing one way or another. Fact is, nobody outside of the Rams organization really knows who the pick is going to be, despite what they or their "sources" say. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride knowing we are on the verge of a solution to a problem that has vexed this team for years. About damn time.

Ram65

Legend
I work in clinical research. As such, I have a statistical medical background. I see no validity in another poll asking the same question because the Eagles traded up. That is not a confounding variable. Why not just continue the poll? I suspect you have reached critical mass on the board, and a certain % of the membership didn't like the outcome.

When the Rams formally make their pick, there will be no "do overs".

No disrespect, just my opinion. With that said...

Both are opinion polls taken at different times. There is to the best of my knowledge no way to change your vote in the original poll. Posters have the right to change their minds after gather more information. By the looks of the updated poll many posters have done that. Many also feel it is a hard decision to make. I can't imagine any ulterior motives by Mojo Ram or anyone else other than getting updated opinion from the board members.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/poll-goff-or-wentz-who-do-you-want.44076/page-17#post-739014

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I work in clinical research. As such, I have a statistical medical background. I see no validity in another poll asking the same question because the Eagles traded up. That is not a confounding variable. Why not just continue the poll? I suspect you have reached critical mass on the board, and a certain % of the membership didn't like the outcome.
The reason for re-polling us because many Rams fans hadn't done much homework/evaluation on either of these QB's because picking at #15 meant both were well out of reach. No point really.

Since the trade up everyone has dissected these guys and can form a more informed opinion. Another reason for the new poll is because i set the first poll so that no one can change their vote.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The reason for re-polling us because many Rams fans hadn't done much homework/evaluation on either of these QB's because picking at #15 meant both were well out of reach. No point really.

Since the trade up everyone has dissected these guys and can form a more informed opinion. Another reason for the new poll is because i set the first poll so that no one can change their vote.
I actually picked the troll box in the first one, because I was on the fence.

After watching game tape on you tube on both, the more I favored Goff.
The more I watched on Goff, the more the divide.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
images
Where you been? Good to see you back. You also picked the right QB :whistle:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can't lie. This pleases me. Goff is definitely my preference and the guy I was willing to sell the farm for.

Plus number 16 is available....Farmer came out right after the deal and reported Wentz, he's writing a new article tomorrow in the LA Times reporting it will be Goff. Well, let's hope my brother that Goff will lead to the promise land besides looking like Ryan Gosling.
upload_2016-4-23_21-42-9.jpeg

650x366

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He does resemble Ryan Gosling, but there's another actor he looks like who's older now. I haven't nailed it down yet.
I'll work on that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
His numbers would have been similar, as would have Goffs. NDSU plays a power run WCO and won TOP by milking the clock. Rarely had to pass in 4th quarter. Many times not after half time. Wentz in the Cal system would have put up similar numbers to Goff imho.
Welcome to ROD Tracy Sipma.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" I am now, 10,000% behind " Jared Wentz!!", So there!!:neener:

jjab360

Legend
Initially, I thought we'd pick Wentz because it fit within Fisher and Snead's preference for potential. But after the past few days, I think we're going Goff. Seems like all the reporters who would have sources are saying Goff and some of them are flipping on previous stances to say Goff.

Jesus, jrry. Tavon, Aaron Donald, and now Goff. All your guys very early in the draft process, guys you pounded the table for, and all guys that it didn't seem likely that we would be interested in or in a position to draft.

Either you are in the Rams war room, you are clairvoyant, or your temper tantrums are actually magical.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I so much focus on the adversity factor Goff put up with 3 years and every year his stats just got better and better as the team around him did not really improve. Both quarterbacks will adjust to whatever offenses they are put in. Am so excited once we get our go to receivers to see how fast we get better. First year with Eli was 6 straight loses after Warner beat him in camp and went 5-2 before team injuries mounted with Giants. At 5-4 Eli got first of six starts and losses. We could have the same struggles but the future is gonna be Super Bright. We have a very young kid I believe many in L.A. Are gonna fall in Love with. I fully believe facing that adversity helped force Goff to get better. So more adversity adjusting to the Pro's will also put Goff in position to overcome more adversity and hone his very rare skills he already exhibits , and only fine tune them More. I can't help but be excited. I can't and won't try to convince anyone what is going to happen. More top guys are lining up with what's really goin down. Only 5 more days to make it through. GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!