(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ram65

Legend
Goff is a perfect fit for Fisher and the Rams

Why do people refer to "Fisher's offense" or "Fits the offense that Fisher likes"
I don't even know what that is.
When I look at QB that Fisher has signed, mobility is not an aspect for sure. Chris Chandler, Kerry Collins, Shaun Hill, Sean Mannion, Nick Foles. Sure they took McNair, but that seemed to be a BPA fit then more than he fit the "scheme" and it also appears to be more of an exception than a rule.
All I gather is that Fisher wants a QB that doesn't make mistakes and I can see both Wentz/Goff fitting that bill

I only write this because I read a lot of Wentz posters/voters say Wentz a better fit for Fisher and his offense.

Fact is they both could fit the Rams offense which is build around Gurley and the young offensive line. I agree Fisher doesn't like mistakes from his QB. He likes the ability to control the ball on offense with some quick strike ability. The Rams offense with Goff should be able to control the ball with both a running game and an accurate passing game with Goff. They also with have quick strike ability with Gurley, Austin and Goff. Your observation that he likes pocket passers is on the mark!

Last edited:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we get an absentee vote for Akeem Ayers?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Snead might not be willing to talk about who the Rams might take, but at least one person in the organization is: Akeem Ayers.

The linebacker told TMZ on Friday that he's hoping the Rams decide to go with Goff.

"I like the Pac-12 guy," Ayers said. "I've seen him play against UCLA, so why not add another Pac-12 guy to the roster?"

The linebacker was then specifically asked if he's a "Goff guy."

"Yeah," Ayers replied.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-wentz-rams-player-prefers-one-over-the-other

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I didn't vote the first time because I was undecided. Now that I have read/watched stuff from both I want Goff. If Goff could do all that he did with a bad O-line imagine what he can do with some decent time.

The Rams drafted all O-line last year and that group looks promising. We could have a good oline that can run block for Gurley and pass protect for Goff. That sounds sooooo good to me.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I haven't seen as much flipping since subsisting in an IHOP

@jrry32 really IS a counselor I suppose

Shoulda been obvious from the start, thru my eyes, the gap between Wentz and Lynch is way more narrow than the gap between Goff and Wentz, I can only imagine Lynchs numbers had he been the QB at NDSU

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
I work in clinical research. As such, I have a statistical medical background. I see no validity in another poll asking the same question because the Eagles traded up. That is not a confounding variable. Why not just continue the poll? I suspect you have reached critical mass on the board, and a certain % of the membership didn't like the outcome.

When the Rams formally make their pick, there will be no "do overs".

No disrespect, just my opinion. With that said...

There are question marks for both these very talented young men, and neither will win a SB next year. I sincerely hope they both end up in systems that allow them to be their best. They are both good human beings.

I am in my 50's and my time on this earth says Wentz will ultimately be the better QB for reasons I've already stated.

Manning won't be remembered for his rookie season, and I suspect none here intend on being fans for one season either.

IMHO, Manning was respected for his intelligence, commitment to excellence, work ethic, decision making pre snap, passing skills and the very fact that he was/is a winner. I like what Wentz possesses today, and believe his shortcomings arent as great as many think and he will adapt quickly.

Good news is time will tell.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I work in clinical research. As such, I have a statistical medical background. I see no validity in another poll asking the same question because the Eagles traded up. That is not a confounding variable. Why not just continue the poll? I suspect you have reached critical mass on the board, and a certain % of the membership didn't like the outcome.

When the Rams formally make their pick, there will be no "do overs".

No disrespect, just my opinion. With that said...

There are question marks for both these very talented young men, and neither will win a SB next year. I sincerely hope they both end up in systems that allow them to be their best. They are both good human beings.

I am in my 50's and my time on this earth says Wentz will ultimately be the better QB for reasons I've already stated.

Manning won't be remembered for his rookie season, and I suspect none here intend on being fans for one season either.

IMHO, Manning was respected for his intelligence, commitment to excellence, work ethic, decision making pre snap, passing skills and the very fact that he was/is a winner. I like what Wentz possesses today, and believe his shortcomings arent as great as many think and he will adapt quickly.

Good news is time will tell.

Yes indeed time will reveal, tho I personally feel your hypothesis is flawed due to your omission of certain (imo) key elements that separates very good from elite, the things we've gone over and over that can't be coached up

I do respect and admire your conviction on the topic

Bravo Sir!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Jared Goff.
I love how he performed at Cal with a lousy OL. So many times you see him quickly scan the field, make a throw under intense pressure and throw dimes. Most college players are going to be a gamble but he possesses skills you can't teach and these are the reasons I'm leaning Goff.

that's it right there.... higher level of competition, lower quality supporting cast, larger volume of games played.... the kid reminds me of Matty Ice

Memphis Ram

Legend
images

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm staying with Wentz. I just feel he's the best fit for a Jeff Fisher team.

Ditto! And just because the Press is jumping on the Goff Band Wagon doesn't mean it's going to happen!! I still think Wentz is the Best Man for the Job!! So to the Goff people, :neener::hiding:

rdw

Pro Bowler
Drove past Cal yesterday and drove through Goff's hometown today so in my mind it's official...

Name
Teesips
I haven't seen as much flipping since subsisting in an IHOP

@jrry32 really IS a counselor I suppose

Shoulda been obvious from the start, thru my eyes, the gap between Wentz and Lynch is way more narrow than the gap between Goff and Wentz, I can only imagine Lynchs numbers had he been the QB at NDSU
His numbers would have been similar, as would have Goffs. NDSU plays a power run WCO and won TOP by milking the clock. Rarely had to pass in 4th quarter. Many times not after half time. Wentz in the Cal system would have put up similar numbers to Goff imho.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
For real. Ramsey is (IMO) the best player in this draft, but clearly that's not gonna happen.
I'll be honest though. I'll laugh my balls off if that's what they do.

It was a horrible day two of the NFL draft for @x, as the reality of his traumatic surgery took hold. "Sir, the stitches need a couple days to set," the nurse said, pushing him back into his hospital bed. Scrotum stitches, after all, are unusually painful, ( :rant:and itchy!) and need time for the swelling to subside.

Paul felt the panic come over him. The hospital took his laptop, his android. All access to ROD was cut off! What was happening in the draft? Did the Rams trade up into the third round for a quarterback? Was Jalen Ramsey really the pick? Oh the humanity!!

(Must....break....free) he thought, halfway to the fire escape. (They have to be showing ESPN2 in the Surgeons lounge)
paul.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm having a hard time finding any media who still thinks Wentz goes #1 to the Rams.

I see plenty of analysists who have him rated as the #1 QB - but the media seems to be lining up to get on the Goff to Rams train.

If this is all a rope a dope, and I still hope it is, it is extremely well played.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Very expensive price for either QB, but no doubt it will be a good day to call Goff our Rams future starter.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
His numbers would have been similar, as would have Goffs. NDSU plays a power run WCO and won TOP by milking the clock. Rarely had to pass in 4th quarter. Many times not after half time. Wentz in the Cal system would have put up similar numbers to Goff imho.

Quite right. Stats are such a poor way to analyze this. Cal was generally losing so Goff was having to throw all the live long day. NDSU was usually winning, so Wentz was often in game management mode by the 4th quarter.

There are a lot of reasons to like each guy and very few reasons to not like either guy.

I want to say I trust Snisher - but this is the team that traded for and then extended Nick Foles. Hopefully they learned a lot from that and maybe even brought in an outside consultant or two for this decision. (They should)