(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

nighttrain

Legend
i;m wanting Goff because the Rams are ready to go to the playoffs right now with a good QB, who knows what will be in two years if that's what it take Wentz to be ready
train

Psycho_X

Legend
I was back and forth between the two for a while after the trade was announced and was barely in either's direction for a while. But after watching a lot of video and looking at the stats under pressure I am completely in the Goff corner now. I still think Wentz will be good and would be happy to cheer him on if it happens but my preference is completely Goff now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have favored easily Carson Wentz from the beginning just love passion & what he is & what his size & physical abilities bring to the Rams. Carson is pure Jeff Fisher QB period.... however I have moved to the point of where I will be happy with either. I really like the size & arm of Carson but Jared Goff might be the better Ram QB with the type of pass catchers we have. Goff would appear to be a better fit here now & the near future with the entire offense as a whole too. We certainly will not be in the position to add a top WR who can take the top off the defense the next few years anyway. Fisher does like the blood lines stuff too & Goff has a little of that going too.

Goff IMO NOW is the better for this Rams team in the pass game....able to get the ball out a bit faster & in a tighter window. I also like Goff's quick little dancing feet in the pocket better than Carson. Fisher collected outside WR's of Britt 6-3/223, Quick 6-3/218, Toon 6-4/218, Worton 6-2/212 & Ferguson 6-5/218 that will provide the smaller framed Goff a large target to work with in the middle area of the field. The smaller guys Bradley Marquez & Tavon Austin should be easy hits too for Goff. I sure would like to see more screen passes to TA & Gurley this upcoming season.

Bottom line I OK with either & both should fill a very big hole in this Ram team since the Kurt Warner/ Mark Bulger season about a decade ago.

Last edited:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
After reading that breakdown in another thread, I am surprised at how little Wentz was under center.
Just 27% of his snaps were under center. I thought that was supposed to be a big asset to him and a reason we should pick him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone who is questioning Goff under center are not noticing how smooth he is with his footwork. He see's the field very well with his head up.His pocket presence is unreal. I think Wentz is more of a run first guy. My believe is Goff will finally give The Rams a QB who keeps the chains moving in the right direction.

Name
Craig Bowl
They are picking Wentz.

They leaked Goff to flush out if anyone was big enough on him to make an interesting offer. (apparently the Browns were not) This is the only reason to not tell anyone. To see if there was any way to improve their position.

The same dynamic doesn't apply to the one you want to keep.

Goff could fall all the way to 49ers.
Why u post this in two different threads?

Isn't Florio's stink bad enough in one???

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ok, I am a rookie on this site, first post.
I like Wentz. I don't really like Goff at all as a fit for us. I wish him the best, though. Goff with his small hands, may have trouble in the rain and cold. He had trouble playing against Oregon, where I read he was pulled from the game on a very wet and pretty windy night. Goff's ability to grip the ball and slight stature will be tested against aggressive teams that play in inclement weather. Wentz is a proven winner. His size will help him survive the NFL. His ability to run with that size is nice when you are 1 yard away from scoring. He has all the tools to win, and SURVIVE. Our O-line is not quite there yet, and Jared Goff may find it difficult to stay injury free, this ain't college anymore. I am not looking forward to another potential Sam Bradford fiasco.

Tom Brady is 6'4" 225. The same height and 7 pounds heavier than Goff. And Goff is 21 and hasn't worked with NFL trainers.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Goff because all he does is throw DIMES (beautifully placed balls in tight windows).

Can't wait to see how much "better" our receivers are with a QB who has demonstrated that he understands the nuances of the game (looks off safeties, active feet, makes throws in the face of oncoming traffic, etc...).

(Not taking anything away from Wentz and will be happy either way when all is said and done. I'm just a Goff HOMER.)

:homercrawl:

TexasRam

Legend
I can see Warners point of Wentz as best for the Rams. I have reached the same conclusion.

The problem is Fisher. And our lack of WR's. Goff would have a hard time with this cast of Wr's and Fisher has a way of holding his QB's back from throwing caution to the wind and throwing the ball fearlessly.

Goff could be a highly effective franchise QB but it would be hard to accomplish in L.A.

Wentz is not the true passer that Goff is but Wentz can add a third running dimension behind Gurley, Tavon and our dysfunctional offense system. Maybe over time Wentz running threat slows down the pass rush and allows him to find his place in the system as an effective QB.

Having said that I think Stach and hair are going Goff. And it's making me a little nervous. Square peg meet round hole.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
They are picking Wentz.

They leaked Goff to flush out if anyone was big enough on him to make an interesting offer. (apparently the Browns were not) This is the only reason to not tell anyone. To see if there was any way to improve their position.

If they pick Wentz, I think that may eventually get them fired.

Bizon

UDFA
After reading that breakdown in another thread, I am surprised at how little Wentz was under center.
Just 27% of his snaps were under center. I thought that was supposed to be a big asset to him and a reason we should pick him.

NFL offenses only go under center 40% of the time on average. So not that far from the norm.

TexasRam

Legend
Watching the Rams press conference today Snead talked about the QB they select being a good fit for the team and what the coaches bring.

So if they take Wentz do you see them having him run the ball to accent the Tavon Gurley run scheme thing we have going on.

I think it's possible that Fisher has visions of using Wentz the way the panthers use Cam Newton.

Newton rushed 132 times last year or 8.2 times a game with 10 rush TD. Leading one of the most potent offenses in the NFL.

Is Fisher about to follow the trend ?

Wentz is a big guy and looks quicker with more burst then Cam.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They are picking Wentz.

giphy.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tom Brady is 6'4" 225. The same height and 7 pounds heavier than Goff. And Goff is 21 and hasn't worked with NFL trainers.
And Brady was skinnier than Goff at 21 and so was Aaron Rodgers.

nighttrain

Legend
if we take Goff, celebrations will happen all over Ram Nation, Wentz, it will be the book of countless sorrows
train