(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still team Wentz! However, I don't think either of them are worth the kind of bounty we have given up, but totally understand why we HAD to make the move.

I predict the poll will swing in favour of Goff this time round. Partly as he is strongly linked to be heading to us now, but partly due to people favouring the perceived safer bet as the draft gets closer.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff would be fine - but the physical talent, the high intelligence, the competitive fire and drive of Wentz is a rare package. Not saying that Goff isn't intelligent or competitive - just that imo Wentz is off the charts. It's going to take a ton of injuries for him not to be a huge star.

This !

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams draft Jalen Ramsey we're all gonna feel really stupid.
200.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No change for me... Prefer Goff but I believe the Rams will take Wentz.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I picked Goff.

I THINK it will be Wentz.
I'm ok with that.... maybe it's for the best. The kid has lots of potential.

I want them to get Goff.
1st, he should be our QB for a decade, so scheme fit or team fit isn't a determining factor. If you can get a special QB, you build your system to maximize his talent.
You don't trade up like we did just to take the guy who is more familiar with a pro style offense in the hopes of winning more games his rookie season. Shouldn't be a factor.

2nd, Measurables are way over valued.
Height, weight, speed, hand size... all meaningless if the player isn't a natural at his position.
Movement in the pocket, vision, accuracy, making reads, handling pressure, red zone proficiency... all of those things are more important to me than a players 40 time, bench press, height/weight etc. In this case, Goff is superior in these things and he is two years younger and should continue to grow physically, potentially closing some of the size gap.

3rd, I don't know if Wentz can take a beating and still perform at a high level. Most QBs cant. (Foles)
I know Goff can.

Wentz is an elite physical specimen for a rookie QB.
Goff is an elite Quarterback specimen for a rookie QB. His best skills are the ones that seperate the Gabberts from the Warners of the game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For the record I believe it will be Goff and am shocked that some think Wentz. Now I like both and even preferred Wentz at first, but Goff has a great calmness about him and IMO, processes the play quicker overall.

Now I do believe both will be excellent and time will tell which will be better, but as much as I like Wentz, IMO, the better fit is the California Golden boy with the Midas Touch.