OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Free agent RB Benny Cunningham will visit the Jets.

The Jets are looking to add some backfield depth after releasing Khiry Robinson. Cunningham didn't see a ton of work in Los Angeles playing behind Todd Gurley but he's shown that he can be a factor when called upon, particularly in the passing game. In New York, he'd be the No. 3 back behind Matt Forte and Bilal Powell.
Related: Jets

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Mar 9 - 5:14 PM

Damn ...

I really don't want to lost Benny, such a valuable backup. I wish the Rams could convince him to stay if all he's going to do is leave for another backup position.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Upset we missed out on Leary. He would have solidified the OL. And if not him, maybe more importantly, A Center...Tretter? I dunno.

Whitworth, Saffold, C, Robinson, Havenstein.

I'd prefer a vet, but if we find the next Travis Fredericks, I'm okay with that.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

This source looks like he's just a fan of the team. Either way...I'm really on the fence about this idea. I know Gordon has uber potential but how many years has it been now that he just can't get his head straight. He was supposed to return last year and pulled out at the last second and now according to his agent he's all better. I don't know. Boom or bust type of player. I'd rather take those personality/head case chances in the draft then on an expensive FA. Jmo.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This source looks like he's just a fan of the team. Either way...I'm really on the fence about this idea. I know Gordon has uber potential but how many years has it been now that he just can't get his head straight. He was supposed to return last year and pulled out at the last second and now according to his agent he's all better. I don't know. Boom or bust type of player. I'd rather take those personality/head case chances in the draft then on an expensive FA. Jmo.
It's one of those fan blog sites. .. regurgitates shit and posts it under an "official twitter" to seem like they have real knowledge. All they do is retweet, repost and make uneducated guesses on shit

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Damn ...

I really don't want to lost Benny, such a valuable backup. I wish the Rams could convince him to stay if all he's going to do is leave for another backup position.

It may be more about tight money on our part than a lack of desire to re-sign him. We're pretty much up against the wall at the moment, and will likely remain so unless we can trade TruJo or CAP cut some other players like Sims & Kendricks. Zuerlein is another guy we should try to retain. jmo.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

He's not going to be expensive? At all? Also, we can easily protect ourselves in the contract.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It may be more about tight money on our part than a lack of desire to re-sign him. We're pretty much up against the wall at the moment, and will likely remain so unless we can trade TruJo or CAP cut some other players like Sims & Kendricks. Zuerlein is another guy we should try to retain. jmo.

Yeah, I really wish we could break the ice with TruJo one way or another ... trade or extension that reduces his cap number this year. That would be a big help.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Connor Barwin is now available. Good 3/4 olb that can rush the passer or drop in coverage.

ILB Zach Brown is still available too.

Just say no to Josh Gordon. If McVay is trying to change the culture, JG is not how to do it.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Connor Barwin is now available. Good 3/4 olb that can rush the passer or drop in coverage.

ILB Zach Brown is still available too.

Just say no to Josh Gordon. If McVay is trying to change the culture, JG is not how to do it.

Yes to Zach Brown, Yes to Gordon! :D

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
He's not going to be expensive? At all? Also, we can easily protect ourselves in the contract.

I guess that true if nobody else is vying for his services. I just assumed there would be a strong market for him, given his skillset. I'm not opposed if he can be dumped without it costing us.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
Damn ...

I like Benny, but I feel that this might open the door to get Tavon more involved in a RB role. GB's offense comes to mind in being successful at this.

A55VA6

Legend
Snead and McVay getting rid of that nasty smell in the locker room. It used to smell like shit, starting to smell better.