OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A few Free Agents i'd be interested in signing :

LOLB - Nick Perry
DT - Nick Fairley or Abry Jones
C - J.C. Tretter
WR - Pierre Garcon or Alshon Jeffery
CB - AJ Bouye

Active Non free agent Players i've expressed an interest in Trading for :

Cleveland's LT Joe Thomas & MILB Chris Kirksey

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
WR - Alshon Jeffery, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Stills, Markus Wheaton.
C - J.C. Tretter.
OG - Larry Warford
OT - Andrew Whitworth.
OLB - Demarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney.
CB - A.J. Bouye, Brandon Carr.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(Forgive me mods if we already have one going)

To keep all things Rams FA-related organized, I figure we have an official thread. It'll be fun to come back and see the progressions in our FA planning... Here's our first tidbit (albeit a few days old):

View: https://twitter.com/cottovic/status/822889112306941953

Let the fun begin!!!

Why? The Rams don't need to add more unproven WRs. They have three options. Sign two proven WRs. Sign one proven WR and re-sign Britt. Sign one proven WR and draft one or two unproven WRs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams need a vet OLineman. I know, Rams haven't faired well in the past signing FA vets. But that's in the past and the Rams need OL help, BADLY. Barnes has no business starting at C. Start there.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'd like to see Mike Thomas spend the entire offseason catching footballs,FIRED at him from Goff and Mannion.
This guy can be our #1 wr if he had better hands.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams need a vet OLineman. I know, Rams haven't faired well in the past signing FA vets. But that's in the past and the Rams need OL help, BADLY. Barnes has no business starting at C. Start there.

We definitely need to hit on a FA olineman some where. I'd prefer center above most just because they generally come a little cheaper and there are usually a few on the market every offseason. But really any veteran leadership that can actually play would be a plus no matter the position.

And also, I second @jrry32 that we don't need more unproven WRs. I wouldn't be all that thrilled with Garcon or Jackson if Fisher was still here but would think it's a great idea to bring at least one of them here for McVay's first few seasons. With our limited draft resources I'd feel pretty comfortable going into McVay's first draft and season if we nabbed a vet OL and WR some where.

Redskins have any OL free agents that don't suck?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Andre Holmes is my under the radar bargain buy. Good size and can make tough catches. He'd be a nice #4 guy that brings some size to the corps if Britt isn't brought back. I assume Quick is done here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. Go hard after Jeffery. Just do it. Get him. WRs are then Jeffery/Austin/Cooper which we can live with, and adding a lesser wideout who is affordable is fine too.

2. Go get a damn OG. Zeitler is my preference. Then after drafting a Center midrounds your line looks pretty solid with Saffold/Brown/ROOK/Zeitler/Havenstein. Who knows maybe after that GRob will start looking solid if he has to work his way up the depth chart to backup LT.

3. Bring Tru back. Get a deal done. He's gonna be fine in Phillips' defense pressing that LOS.

Not looking for the Rams to fill every need via FA, as that is not realistic. But they need at least one addition to OL and WR, and they either bring Tru back or pay up for a top CB on the FA market, which is dicey.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Andre Holmes? What for?
5 seasons, 102 catches 1462 yards and 12TD
Brian Quick
5 seasons, 105 catches 1499 yards and 10TD

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thomas looks better than those guys already. He looked like the best pure runner on the team. Very fluid.
His hands need work, though. Maybe too much to overcome.

Agreed. Thomas is a very smooth route runner. He just needs to get over the rookie jitters. He'll be fine.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'd like to see Thomas with a football in his hands every waking moment. I'd like to see him take the determination to have hands like Odell and Landry sported at the pro bowl. Tavon too!

Time will tell. We'll see what kind of passion Mcvay can get out of this team.

Free agency wise:

Seems like there are quite a few options out there. I'd expect to see Wade Phillips bring in a few of the guys that have played for him in the past. Maybe a Demarcus Ware, Ware could maybe maybe help mentor Quinn into that OLB role. There are guys from the Texans and Cowboys as well as the Broncos.

Like many have said a Garcon or Jackson from Redskins would be a good signing. I've mentioned before but I could see a Vernon Davis signing.

Then there are Olineman. I like the JC Tretter idea. Larry Warford wouldn't be a bad guy to look at. I'm most interested in seeing how some of our young Olineman respond to new coaching and a different scheme. I am cautiously optimistic that we may have some guys on our team with the ability to play at this level.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, no more Quick and Britt. New era new mindset. Enough raw draftees. Unless the risk vs reward is outrageous in a later round, stick to smart, proven players. That's what the Patsies do and it seems to work. I feel McVay's ship may steer more so in the Spags direction than Fisher's, in terms of player wants and our culture anyways.

If we could keep Tru, sign a Jeffrey or Garçon, and land Lamp in the draft, I wouldn't care how else things fall (...okay, maybe just a little! :LOL:).

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I'd like to see Mike Thomas spend the entire offseason catching footballs,FIRED at him from Goff and Mannion.
This guy can be our #1 wr if he had better hands.
I like his potential A LOT but his problem with drops drives me fuckin crazy. He's like Clifford Franklin from The Replacements movie.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Agree with a lot above. Re-Signing Quick or Britt wouldn't be feasible, WRs right now is the least of our worries. I just hope Spruce will be good to go and get on that active roster, because every1 has high hopes for this dude and hasn't proven anything yet.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Like Robert Woods from Buffalo at WR. Would give Goff a reliable pass catcher. Have to bring in a new LT, options are not all that great, but cant continue with Grob. Nshieke from Washington could be a fit, cant give up a draft pick, but could overpay for a year. RG is a need, Warford seems to be a good fit. Like Ryan Groy from Buffalo for C, Kromer was his OL coach last season, could throw money at him, but can not give up a draft pick. Rams have some holes to fill before the draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would like to see the Rams get O-Line help in the FA Market, and a Vet WR to go with Britt! then we can use our draft to go after Pass rushers-LB's and CB's! JMO.