OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This has to mean a Trumaine Johnson trade is in the works.

Lol having interest in a corner that's been a backup doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Tru. We need corners regardless of if he stays or goes.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Lol having interest in a corner that's been a backup doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Tru. We need corners regardless of if he stays or goes.
No but you would think since we just cut our starting center and cap space is limited, that is the number one way to free up the most cap space.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
One minute I hear that what the Rams do will also involve "the culture"...5 minutes later I hear Norman's name...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fisher's regime really screwed us in so many ways:
  • big contract to Tavon before he breaks out
  • failure to retain Jenks and failure to wrap up Tru with a reasonable (for FA's) contract
  • overall decline of a young OL from 2015 to 2016
  • failure to properly prep Jared for the big league
All of this is past - the return to glory will begin soon enough.
Meh.
He failed to field a competent offense. Bottom line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he doesnt really have much film at CB to get a good feel of his talent level, but hes been a guy ive been really hoping they sign all offseason. relatively cheap, knows the system, and seems pretty talent. worst case hes a solid STer

I won't doubt Wade Phillips's judgement. He's seen this guy practice every week for a few years. My one big concern is that the last time he started (it was years ago during his rookie year), he struggled. Obviously, he's had a lot of time to improve. Wade is a lot more capable of assessing how far he's come than I am. And Aubrey Pleasant is reportedly an outstanding CB Coach.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Really like the idea of signing Webster. Honestly hadn't heard of him before his name came up in connection with us yesterday, but he seems like he had a solid rookie season and then suffered from a deep CB depth chart.

Wade worked with him for two years, he's pushing for him for a reason. Worst case, he balls out on special teams and is a backup CB. Best case, he's a hidden gem.

Worth the risk.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Kayvon Webster is a legit starter. The only reason he wasn't starting is he was behind the best tandem in football in Aqib Talib and Chris Harris, Jr and Brandon Roby (did I get his name right?). When he subbed in, he wasn't just solid, he was damn good.

He's leaving Denver because he's def good enough to start, but there's just not enough snaps for him.

AND.. he's a ST captain and demon!!!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Kayvon Webster is a legit starter. The only reason he wasn't starting is he was behind the best tandem in football in Aqib Talib and Chris Harris, Jr and Brandon Roby (did I get his name right?). When he subbed in, he wasn't just solid, he was damn good.

He's leaving Denver because he's def good enough to start, but there's just not enough snaps for him.

AND.. he's a ST captain and demon!!!

I think it's Bradley Roby lol. And I hear ya.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I am confident we get this thing done tomorrow. We will probably offer him a multi year deal with low guarantees but high incentive opportunities. Word is, he loves Denver and may not leave.