OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Chance to start for the only coach you know, AND make more money in LA? That opportunity would be hard to pass up for a backup.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am confident we get this thing done tomorrow. We will probably offer him a multi year deal with low guarantees but high incentive opportunities. Word is, he loves Denver and may not leave.
he is intriguing. Can't say I really know much about him. But if Wade likes him ... gotta trust it I guess. Hopefully it won't be a stupid contract like we gave the kid from Tennessee last yr in FA because Williams was familiar with him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
overthecap.com currently has us at $23.276 Million in cap space. spotrac.com has us at $22.105 Million (minor difference) That includes the draft pool which for our current picks is slated at $5.16 Million.

Essentially any people signed we'll take their contract on the top 51 but subtract the $540k assigned to the guy they replace in the top 51.

Nick Mangold will be an interesting one if we sign him. His last contract had a yearly average of $7.7M. Does he sign for a lot less? How many years does he sign for he is 34 after all and missed half of last season. Personally I'm not signing him for more than 2 years.

Ryan Groy was tendered RFA which puts him at $1.67 Million if nobody signs him and he resigns with the Bills. A three year $5.5-6 Million deal?

Kayvon Webster I could see getting a deal similar to what we signed Sensabaugh to last year. Easy 3 years $15 million with $6-7 million guaranteed.

Not much out there on the DT front that I'm familiar with. Everybody I thought about has signed elsewhere.

Connor Barwin just turned 30 and has been declining in production the last few years. He just came off a 4 year deal paying him an average of $7.8 Million.

DeMarcus Ware, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Mathis, Trent Cole and Chad Greenway are all FA 3-4 OLB in the 34 year old range. All might be had at bargains to play for Wade during their last year or two.

IMO Donta Hightower is going to be too expensive and will resign with the Pats so won't go into him.

Manti T'Eo wasn't spectacular in SD but could be a decent ILB for a bargain.

Kevin Minter, Sio Moore, Dakoda Watson and Keenan Robinson are all experienced ILB that could be good additions as well.

I and some others have pimped Brandon Carr as a signee at CB could be good value now that the big names have signed. Claiborne, Verner, Powers all could be values as well.

Just running through some players I'd thought about recently and where we were at salary cap wise and if they might fit.

Thoughts?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
NSIP

Could The Los Angeles Rams Be Landing C Ryan Groy Who Gave Up Zero Sacks in 2016?
By Alex Alarcon
USATSI_9500438_149008644_lowres.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams may be getting another Buffalo Bill very soon. The Rams first took the Bills former-second round draft pick/ No. 2 Wide Receiver Robert Woods this past Thursday. This was an excellent signing for the Rams, but finding a new center is a must for the Rams after the release of C Tim Barnes.

So who is the dark horse Center who gave up zero sacks for the Bills? His name is Ryan Groy. The Bills gave him a low ball offer of $1.7917 million for the 2017 season as any team has the right to either match or pay him more. Could former teammate Woods try to get Groy to follow in his footsteps?

This past Friday, ESPN Writer Adam Caplan reported that Groy has interest from four teams, and one of those teams is the Los Angeles Rams. Grory played in 15 games, with starting in seven games for the Bills after the injury of Eric Wood.

http://www.ramsheadquarters.com/cou...g-c-ryan-groy-who-gave-up-zero-sacks-in-2016/

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
NSIP

Could The Los Angeles Rams Be Landing C Ryan Groy Who Gave Up Zero Sacks in 2016?
By Alex Alarcon
View attachment 18923
The Los Angeles Rams may be getting another Buffalo Bill very soon. The Rams first took the Bills former-second round draft pick/ No. 2 Wide Receiver Robert Woods this past Thursday. This was an excellent signing for the Rams, but finding a new center is a must for the Rams after the release of C Tim Barnes.

So who is the dark horse Center who gave up zero sacks for the Bills? His name is Ryan Groy. The Bills gave him a low ball offer of $1.7917 million for the 2017 season as any team has the right to either match or pay him more. Could former teammate Woods try to get Groy to follow in his footsteps?

This past Friday, ESPN Writer Adam Caplan reported that Groy has interest from four teams, and one of those teams is the Los Angeles Rams. Gory played in 15 games, with starting in seven games for the Bills after the injury of Eric Wood.

http://www.ramsheadquarters.com/cou...g-c-ryan-groy-who-gave-up-zero-sacks-in-2016/

YES!!!! I love this! I hope we get him. I like Mangold, but I like Groy better. He could stick with the team for a while too!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
overthecap.com currently has us at $23.276 Million in cap space. spotrac.com has us at $22.105 Million (minor difference) That includes the draft pool which for our current picks is slated at $5.16 Million.

Essentially any people signed we'll take their contract on the top 51 but subtract the $540k assigned to the guy they replace in the top 51.

Nick Mangold will be an interesting one if we sign him. His last contract had a yearly average of $7.7M. Does he sign for a lot less? How many years does he sign for he is 34 after all and missed half of last season. Personally I'm not signing him for more than 2 years.

Ryan Groy was tendered RFA which puts him at $1.67 Million if nobody signs him and he resigns with the Bills. A three year $5.5-6 Million deal?

Mangold will sign for a lot less. We'll need to offer Groy more than that to make sure that the Bills won't match the offer.

Kayvon Webster I could see getting a deal similar to what we signed Sensabaugh to last year. Easy 3 years $15 million with $6-7 million guaranteed.

That would be a tough deal for me to swallow.

Not much out there on the DT front that I'm familiar with. Everybody I thought about has signed elsewhere.

Connor Barwin just turned 30 and has been declining in production the last few years. He just came off a 4 year deal paying him an average of $7.8 Million.

DeMarcus Ware, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Mathis, Trent Cole and Chad Greenway are all FA 3-4 OLB in the 34 year old range. All might be had at bargains to play for Wade during their last year or two.

IMO Donta Hightower is going to be too expensive and will resign with the Pats so won't go into him.

Manti T'Eo wasn't spectacular in SD but could be a decent ILB for a bargain.

Kevin Minter, Sio Moore, Dakoda Watson and Keenan Robinson are all experienced ILB that could be good additions as well.

I and some others have pimped Brandon Carr as a signee at CB could be good value now that the big names have signed. Claiborne, Verner, Powers all could be values as well.

Just running through some players I'd thought about recently and where we were at salary cap wise and if they might fit.

Thoughts?

Seems like you've pretty well covered it.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Didn't cover all of it when it comes to defense.

Zach Brown was a pro-bowler last season, yet not much buzz so far. I do expect him to sign a solid deal though. Perry Riley of the Raiders could also be a solid vet LB to bring in.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'd be interested in a Lorenzo Alexander. I'm not sure what his market is, but I know he was a terror as a rusher.

He could be a guy to plug into that Von Miller role.

I still wouldn't be opposed to us signing Ware either. He and Quinn could be a great rotational combo.

I do wonder about Barron in a Miller role often. You put Barron on the outside of Easley or Donald and he is going to get fair matchups at a pretty incredible clip. You pull your big tackle to put a block on Barron (not too mention he is a guy that can read a play and beat the blocker) he is going to be giving Donald 1 on 1 that is happening early in the down. Not a combination block but a 1 on 1.

Edit: I'm not sure he is an every down player there. But I certainly think he could be a terror from there. There is also nothing from his career that tells me he couldn't hold up duration wise.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron couldn't play that role. Wade lines his SOLB up over the TE on the LOS. Barron would get mauled in the run game.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Barron @ the safety lineup. Enough said. I think that is where he should be. Barron needs range.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be interested in a Lorenzo Alexander. I'm not sure what his market is, but I know he was a terror as a rusher.

He could be a guy to plug into that Von Miller role.

I still wouldn't be opposed to us signing Ware either. He and Quinn could be a great rotational combo.

I do wonder about Barron in a Miller role often. You put Barron on the outside of Easley or Donald and he is going to get fair matchups at a pretty incredible clip. You pull your big tackle to put a block on Barron (not too mention he is a guy that can read a play and beat the blocker) he is going to be giving Donald 1 on 1 that is happening early in the down. Not a combination block but a 1 on 1.

Edit: I'm not sure he is an every down player there. But I certainly think he could be a terror from there. There is also nothing from his career that tells me he couldn't hold up duration wise.
I read that they were working on resigning him so isn't likely AN option for us.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
I think Alexander was re-signed a few days ago.

Seems like Groy to LA is picking up steam. Bills have the space to match, but they already have Woods in front of him and might not want to pay 3-6 million (just my guess at what we'd offer) a season for a backup.

Mangold is 33 and has taken a step back, don't need to spend the cash on an aging C.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Groy and Webster feel like solid additions if we can pull it off.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mangold will sign for a lot less. We'll need to offer Groy more than that to make sure that the Bills won't match the offer.

That would be a tough deal for me to swallow.

Seems like you've pretty well covered it.

Mangold likely will go for less I agree. I'm uncertain on Webster's cost that's just a number I've seen thrown around so went with it. He could, like Woods get an incentive laden deal with the base less than I put here.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Usually there's a visits tracker. NFL really dropped the ball here. Don't they want the foot traffic? It seems teams have really tightened up on information getting to the public.