OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just going to throw this tweet in this thread too for good measure regarding Whitworth's PFF grades over his career because it makes me smile.

Psycho_X

Legend

3aGZA6WLI9Jde.gif

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
What a great signing. Not much guaranteed past year 1 since he is old. forces G rob to compete with other young guys at RG. huge upgrade to the OL. Great move now lets get a wideout and some defensive depth

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
First, lets start out with, great job men....this is an interesting thread! Keep the speculation up....It's funny to see the needs and wants of guys in here...gave me a few of my own...
I love this....it appears we are of the same mind to rebuild the OFFENSIVE LINE. NEW QB....THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS PROBLEMS IN THERE...IF YOU REALLY WANNA SEE WHAT GOFF IS ABOUT.

Thanks for this SncVay!

I'm still scared of FA's.....

Big name free agents rarely pay off
Just gotta cross our fingers 12....but I feel you. Others should too.

OFFENIVE TACKLES

Ricky Wagner LIONS
Russell Okung
Marshall Newhouse
Riley Reiff
Matt Kalil
Mike Remmers
Menelik Watson
Ben Ijalana
Kelvin Beachum
You forgot the main man Andy Florida! I'll ask him to forgive you later bro!..I actually liked Okung because of youth....Clady too...even with....injuries in their recent history's...I must be going mad. Seriously.

Britt is a piece of crap who has no respect for authority
Why the hate for Kenny? Dude was/is a beast. One of the best conditioned wr's I've ever witnessed in horns.

Tomorrow am's gonna be even better. We're in for some surprises, given how quiet things have been kept relatively speaking.

Gonna be nuts!
Surprise surprise surprise...say it like Gomer Pyle....
Very Nostradamus-like Merl

I'd aim for a cheaper, short-term type deal.(except for Robert Woods) Michael Floyd is also an option. What scares me with Michael Floyd is that he seems unrepentant for his alcohol issues. Josh Gordon is also an option. And he might be a chance we have to take if we're put in this scenario (but again, I'm not counting on him to play).
Just remembered Floyd....Gordon I always thought about. Maybe roster bonus type deals for these guys...
Personally, I think LA will eat Gordon alive. But Floyd has a decent head on his shoulders...
Seriously. Go give Jeffery $15 million per year before you give Pryor $12 million per year.
Jeffery? Alshon Jeffery? Declining one year wonder??? I scan your post, religiously, to jump on the things I disagree with you about jrry...So you should be pleased...that I rarely disagree with you. Why the love fest for Alshon? That's not like you. I consider this guy a loafer, and future slacker...and a bad attitude to match. Nothing like....Pryor...Pryor is a very smart and likable young man. Hard working too. I can't believe you don't like him more than Alshon. I'll always remember Jeffery as the fat, out of shape rookie at the combine. And to get back in decent shape, he attempted to take some PED's....think about that...a wr...that really only needs to run...taking PED's.... I know they work....I can't believe a wr thinks he needs them to get in shape.
And as far as Floyd...not appearing remorseful enough...he's young..probably wants to continue to drink...gonna sit in the back of AA classes and think to himself as he listens to horror stories, "that's not me". Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...it's real...but as far as a player...man, that's the dude for US.

I believe in redemption / evolutionary / inspiring stories.
Me too...Who doesn't. Jrry does too...He just gets combative around the time of the draft and free agency...LOLOLOL
I think its asking a lot of Goff to step up his game without having a legit WR O-Line to throw to behind.
Fixed it for ya DB! Wait? Are you db??? Not to be confuse with my bud hb?

Please Snead, for the love of god, please work some magic!! *crosses fingers*

He hinted at a high turn over offseason!!
Prayers answered....See you in church on Sunday baby.

Get Goff some blocking.
Now...this is the Jrry I know and love!

however if it were me I'd go after OL first and foremost. Settling the OL will do far more for this offense than any wideout they could add.
Exactly

Whitworth OT (money depending)
Leary - OG
Money spent...See, this is why me and Stan is cool....nothing like Georgia and Shaw with money. He'll follow advice.

LOL about twice as much as he's worth but we're gonna say that a lot this off season. Even our Whitworth IMO is a bit more than he deserves at his age. But we need him.
Yeah...one truth that remains...when put in a bidding war....there is always a...urge...some type of effect...where teams overpay...
I think Kenny for an average of $8 mil a season is a good contract. Kenny is a number 1 wr....in his contract year, at least.
Just going to throw this tweet in this thread too for good measure regarding Whitworth's PFF grades over his career because it makes me smile.
Even the great Andy W. had a poor first season??? For shame...for shame...
Curious who drafts linemen for the Bengals? Man, they had a great center too. Maybe they draft so well because.....hell, were they sorry when they built Dalton's line???? I follow Hue a lil...Seems that they've always had some good linemen. And that LT-Center from FSU...cam erving...he'll be ok too...
And this
Says to me....Greg learns how to play LT by watching film and starting at Right Tackle...
Whatcha think @BonifayRam ???

jap

Legend
He didn't do us many favors but that's nothing compared to the decade of hell that Linehan set us up for.

I didn't actually state it, but I was really focusing on how the Fisher regime follies left our salary cap in less than optimum shape with a lot of needs to fill. I suspect we have a championship-caliber regime in place now though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So thus far they've locked down a short term answer at LT, which I did not expect, but it is a solid move that buys them time at the position and I will say that the guy's a pro so here's hoping we get two years from him.

And then wideout, another solid and "fit" addition. Route runner who is what the Rams need, and he should get plenty of targets to push his production up in this offense.

Not the moves I felt were ideal, but I am not going to complain. OL looks much more solid, and wideout as well. If Whitworth works out that move can be more impactful than the OG addition I wanted, so I have my fingers crossed.

This is already a better team dudes, nice start for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok seriously enough already Snead and McVay!!!! Let some Rams fans go back to crying and telling us how bad you are! This signing people we need to deals is just not acceptable! I bought so much popcorn now I won't have any drama to watch and enjoy it with.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Is this the most active the Rams have been in free agency. If I recall that did nothing Day 1 for years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeffery? Alshon Jeffery? Declining one year wonder??? I scan your post, religiously, to jump on the things I disagree with you about jrry...So you should be pleased...that I rarely disagree with you. Why the love fest for Alshon? That's not like you. I consider this guy a loafer, and future slacker...and a bad attitude to match. Nothing like....Pryor...Pryor is a very smart and likable young man. Hard working too. I can't believe you don't like him more than Alshon. I'll always remember Jeffery as the fat, out of shape rookie at the combine. And to get back in decent shape, he attempted to take some PED's....think about that...a wr...that really only needs to run...taking PED's.... I know they work....I can't believe a wr thinks he needs them to get in shape.

This is quite the narrative, but it's also not remotely true. Jeffery is a four year wonder. Jeffery showed up to the Combine at 6'3" 216. Jeffery, unlike Pryor, hasn't had former teammates talk trash about his attitude and work habits. Jeffery didn't fail a PED test until his fifth year in the NFL.(and you're deluding yourself if you think most of the league aren't on PEDs)