OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The rumor is that Garcon's first year cap hit is $16 million. But I wouldn't really worry about that until I see the entirety of the deal.

It will be interesting tomorrow as we finally see how accurate these rumors about money are once the deals are actually signed and the terms actually become known..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams best WR, and top producer the last couple seasons is allegedly going to Philly, and several of the top WR are off the board.
Hopefully the tide turns tomorrow because right now it looks like we are taking a step back, not forward

Sometimes, it takes taking a step back to take a few steps forward. Might create opportunities for young WRs to shine.(Plus, I have some major concerns about Britt)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes, it takes taking a step back to take a few steps forward. Might create opportunities for young WRs to shine.(Plus, I have some major concerns about Britt)
I think its asking a lot of Goff to step up his game without having a legit WR to throw to. Its like deja vu all over again....

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For me the downer of this FA thing is that it's rumored,bantered about, argued about and generally hashed over for weeks..Then after all the suspense, the bulk of the big deals will be over tomorrow and almost all the decent moves will be done in about 3 days...There will be some drawn out deals, but not many of a lot of consequence I don't believe...If speculation is close, given all the possible deals the Rams might have been in on, the actual deals that mean much of anything will be next to zero..LA is just not a popular stopping off place yet...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
LA is just not a popular stopping off place yet...

Isn't it a little early for comments like these ? We don't yet know if or who the Rams have made contact with, much less the players & agents coming for a visit beginning on opening day, which isn't until tomorrow anyway.
I will say that I miss Nate Silver's reporting, as he had Fisher's ear during free agency and inside the Rams war room prior to and on draft day. He appeared to be the inside guy for whatever little info did become available. jmo.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
FYI, here's what all goes down at 4pm EST, 3pm CST, 2pm MST, 1pm PST on March 9:

March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2017 on all players who have option clauses in their 2016 contracts.

March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2016 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 9 -- Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2017 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 9 -- All 2016 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 9 -- The 2017 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2017 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

March 9 -- Trading period for 2017 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2016 contracts.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Please Snead, for the love of god, please work some magic!! *crosses fingers*

He hinted at a high turn over offseason!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its asking a lot of Goff to step up his game without having a legit WR to throw to. Its like deja vu all over again....

I'm not sold Britt is really a legit WR. But I'm less concerned about the WRs. Get Goff some blocking.

We can go grab two of the cheaper options at WR and spend a second on a WR.(as well as another pick) But to do that, we need to address OL, OLB, and CB in FA.

Regardless, we're not shit out of luck if we don't get one of the top FA WRs.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'm not sold Britt is really a legit WR. But I'm less concerned about the WRs. Get Goff some blocking.

We can go grab two of the cheaper options at WR and spend a second on a WR.(as well as another pick) But to do that, we need to address OL, OLB, and CB in FA.

Regardless, we're not crap out of luck if we don't get one of the top FA WRs.

Do you think there's a possibility we trade players for picks in this years draft?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I don't disagree there Dieter, however if it were me I'd go after OL first and foremost. Settling the OL will do far more for this offense than any wideout they could add.

If they don't get after a nice OL upgrade by at least pursuing a top guy early on, I am seriously going to lose faith in Les' vision. I understand the market sometimes you just don't win. But they gotta have a priority on it IMO.

Oh and they should be chasing wideouts too btw, not saying one or the other. Just saying that if I can lock up Zeitler for example and it kills my ability to get a top wideout so be it.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Ding, Ding, Ding We have a winner folks!!

Seriously, If the O-line and TE's can improve their blocking, the offense will become much more proficient even with a conservative amount of upgrade at the skill positions.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I will be greatly disheartened if we don't make a big move within 48hrs of FA opening. Every year we make light of the lack of action and to this point inactivity early has netted us stagnant results. Call him a 1 a 2 or a 3 I don't care if we lose Britt we lose our best receiver.... yes I know xxx already on the roster is the next jerry Rice. Do something F.O turn this around.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will be greatly disheartened if we don't make a big move within 48hrs of FA opening. Every year we make light of the lack of action and to this point inactivity early has netted us stagnant results. Call him a 1 a 2 or a 3 I don't care if we lose Britt we lose our best receiver.... yes I know xxx already on the roster is the next jerry Rice. Do something F.O turn this around.
No worries! We have Drew Bennett on speed dial! ~Billy Devaney and Les Snead

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I'm with you, having a legit VET would have been a massive upgrade / boost to our offense. Goff needs players outside to succeed.

...I'm less concerned about the WRs. Get Goff some blocking.
We can go grab two of the cheaper options at WR and spend a second on a WR...
I've got a feeling that they're going to run with who they've got on the o-line this year, they're a young group of guys and I've heard McVay big up Hav, Barnes and Saffold, now I know that 'words' mean nothing in the offseason...

I'm just frustrated at the fact that we always seem to be the bridesmaids during offseason. We were excellent in getting our Coaching staff - I just wanted to hit FA with a bit of force.

I guess DeSean Jackson is still out there...