Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahahahahaha OBJ for Gurley, two firsts and a second? We found a crack head Giants fan.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We get their next three number 1’s and this year’s 2 and 3.

Heh. Never happen. And if there were such an offer, the Giants would have taken it so fast it would make your head spin.

But since the Rams don't have a second, we know it wasn't the Rams making this fictitious offer.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Literally the only reason I don’t want OBJ is if his contract extension costs us AD/TGIII.

Everything else is silly. OBJ has the ability to go down as the best WR to ever play and is only 25 years young. How anyone can justify not wanting him is beyond me. It’s not like the guy is getting in trouble for domestic violence or drugs....he’s just a huge diva. He’s not even a locker room issue, as far as I know all of his teammates like him.

*I didn’t include Goff in the opening paragraph Bc I’m assuming the FO won’t let any player get in the way of signing our franchise QB*

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's worth 2 1st rounders, but that doesn't mean somebody will pay that much.
I would love to have OBJ in horns, but wouldn't pay that freight, no way.
Unless he was signing a Robert Woods type contract, which of course he will not

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I was all in on Peters, Talib and Suh. I'm not on board with OBJ at all.
OBJ falls into an entirely different category than those guys. I like defensive guys who are edgy, ill-tempered and nasty.

OBJ is a diva bitch me-first clown.

(y) - If they sign him, I will fucking :headexplosion:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I get the sense that McVay and Snead think OBJ is worth it.

I’m in the minority on this one, but I am fully on board if it happens.

OBJ is a phenomenal talent and immature. I for one hope they make it happen.

Who will defenses fear more, Josh Reynolds or OBJ? I think Reynolds has potential, but OBJ is at a different level.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the sense that McVay and Snead think OBJ is worth it.

I’m in the minority on this one, but I am fully on board if it happens.

OBJ is a phenomenal talent and immature. I for one hope they make it happen.

Who will defenses fear more, Josh Reynolds or OBJ? I think Reynolds has potential, but OBJ is at a different level.
Will defenses fear him when he misses a quarter of the year? He’s missed 17 games in four years. And he wants to be the highest paid WR for 12 games a year. That’s cap suicide giving him that money and giving up those picks.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
My pov I too disagree with the OP on this.

OBJ is a world class talent true top 3 WRs in yheit prime NEVER become available. So anytime one comes available you try and get him. How do you know #23 is going to pan out no matter who the player is.

Second the money this year is 8.5m and we have a massive amount of money the next two years to cover everyone we need to resign so that is not an issue.

Third with such a great defense and such a creative mind in McVay OBJ will get enough balls thrown his way.

Also a winning culture with massive upside all our key players minus Suh and Talib are just hitting their prime so OBJ will be stoked to be on a team with so much upside UNLIKE the Giants.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
we lost a WR and OBJ is better than anyone at 23 in the draft. McVay, I feel can keep him under control. If not it's 15 mins in a locked room with Suh.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, we have enough star quality players. we need some young blood on low cost
rookie contracts to fill in the gaps and provide stability going forward.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Look, if here were free of course I'd want Beckham. Once you factor in the normal $3-5 million spending margin teams normally keep, plus the practice squad, the Rams will likely need to cut somebody to make room for him.* Add in the loss of the picks, and I don't think it makes sense. People complain about Watkins costing a second for a year's play - but at least he helped Goff develop, and helped the team make the playoffs. The team is likely to make the playoffs without him, and are arguably the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Even though the Rams dont have to I'd gladly cut Barron and Webster to save about 8 million in cap space and replace that with OBJ's 8.5 million dollar salary this year.

I am not ready to place the Rams as superbowl favorites over the reigning Superbowl champs who are having a solid offseason in their own right. Rams may have more top end talent, but Im not sure they have depth to win a superbowl with their backup QB and backup LT. IMO Rams are neck and neck with the Vikings and slightly ahead of Saints. The NFC is stacked and at this point the Rams aren't just settling for making the playoffs they are going for it all. No other available talent would have the impact OBJ can. Unlike Watkins he would have an offseason and training camp develop some chemistry with Goff, learn the playbook, and give time for the coaches to learn about him. Also have the added benefit of working out together outside of the team confines since Goff, OBJ, Woods, and Kupp all live in LA in the offseason.

People are under estimating the jump most wide receivers take in their second year so they’re writing Josh Reynolds off If the Vikings gave up on guys are limited production after one year Diggs and Theilen would be on another team or watching the NFL.

I remember a similar debate last year when people were against drafting a TE early because we spent a 4th on Higbee the year before. My argument last year is the same as it is this year, the presence of those talented younger guys isn't going to stop me from adding top flight talent at that position. IMO that argument is even more pronounced when you have a bonafide stud like OBJ instead of a high upside rookie like Gerald Everett who projected perfectly for the Jordan Reed role.

Also this assertion that Watkins was our #1 WR is just silly. He was a deep threat to keep safeties honest. Robert Woods was our #1 and stats show opposing defenses felt so as they put their top corner on him more than Watkins.

I would like to see this stat because I clearly remember Patrick Peterson who always travels with ones traveling with Sammy. Definitely in one game, but Woods may have been injured the second Cards game. That's just one team's treatment I can think of off the top of my head, so I may be wrong. I think we can all agree Woods was the number 1 option in the spread the wealth passing game, but I also think some of that came from favorable matchups playing across from Sammy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams may have more top end talent, but Im not sure they have depth to win a superbowl with their backup QB and backup LT.

We have the Draft to add depth and a QB who doesn't expose himself to hits like Wentz.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
He’s missed 17 games in four years.

People can criticize OBJ for being selfish and annoying and immature, and I would agree. But criticizing OBJ for missing too many games due to injury doesn’t seem fair.

OBJ missed 12 games in 2017, and only five during the previous three years combined. In those first three years, OBJ set a record for most catches in first three years for a WR in NFL history.

OBJ tore it up his first three years. Then he missed almost all of 2017 to injury.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
We have the Draft to add depth and a QB who doesn't expose himself to hits like Wentz.

Offseason isn't over. Im not saying they won't add depth, just saying they arent better than the Eagles right now. If they add OBJ that's another story. Reggie Scott may be the best trainer in the NFL, but can the Rams really pull off being the healthiest team in the league for third year in a row? Tough to do in this sport.