Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Odell Beckham - WR - Giants
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year WR Odell Beckham "will not set foot on a field without a new contract."

Beckham is scheduled to make $8.459 million on the fifth and final year of his rookie deal. Following a season ruined by injury, the receiver understandably wants more security, but it is unclear if the Giants are willing to offer it. On Sunday, owner John Mara refused to rule out trading Beckham while saying he is "tired of answering questions" about the receiver's off-field behavior. While it would be a terrible move for the Giants, a Beckham trade cannot be ruled out at this point.

I'd be willing to give up our first this year and a 3rd or 4th next year if we could somehow sign Suh, extend Donald and give Beckham a new contract.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 26 - 8:38 AM

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don’t see it being realistic. We can’t have everybody lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We don't have the money for Suh, Beckham AND Donald. That's more than even Demoff can do.

Also... Beckham is a trainwreck. Who knows how he'll behave once he's been paid. Moreover, he's shown ZERO interest in being coached.

Having a passion to win isn't enough.

Both Marcus Peters and Suh have both answered to their coaches and teammates (as for Suh in Miami, remember this is the same organization where the lockerroom fostered the Jonathan Martin debacle).

Beckham, while being proven right that he shouldn't play without that next contract, unfortunately, hasn't shown any organizations that he's capable of earning that franchise level contract.

Lastly, if things work out well, we have FAR too many "franchise" level players on the roster as it is.

Aaron Donald
Todd Gurley
Jared Goff
Marcus Peters
and if his ascent continues... Lamarcus Joyner

Even if we only count the top 4... no team has that many "franchise" contracts to juggle. It'll be a Cirque d'Soleil level juggling act to make THAT happen.

At his best, Beckham is a game changer. Unfortunately, he's one player among several who I truly think has too much baggage (and he's apparently buying more luggage as we speak...)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all the other expensive contracts and decisions coming up it'd be nice to add him but unrealistic to be able to afford him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the Rams have someone in mind to develop with one of those 6th round picks. The only skills he needs from the onset is speed and an ability to track the deep ball.

…..

Legend
Even if Beckom was someone I desired, fact of the matter is he truly believes he should be the highest paid player in the league.

We cant have 3 of those.

We not me times 3? could'nt work lol

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
IMG_3772.JPG

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well I am all for adding talent, but beyond the fact that we couldnt afford him, the douchebag factor is real. Assuming we sign Suh, the Rams lockerroom will be at max douchebag capacity Imo.

Dont get me wrong. Idgaf about the four pillars and I think Suh can be a great addition. But when it comes to ass hats and douchebags, you have to maintain careful control or they will infest a workplace and breed like rats..
Same with hipsters. You can have one or two around, tops. Three or more and they will build a micro brewery or a gastro pub and then you will be surrounded by an army of Subaru driving Skinnyjean Lumberjack looking dudes who used to bleach their hair and blast The Real Slim Shady from their lowered twotone honda civic while cruising outside the foodcourt at the mall...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well I am all for adding talent, but beyond the fact that we couldnt afford him, the douchebag factor is real. Assuming we sign Suh, the Rams lockerroom will be at max douchebag capacity Imo.

Dont get me wrong. Idgaf about the four pillars and I think Suh can be a great addition. But when it comes to ass hats and douchebags, you have to maintain careful control or they will infest a workplace and breed like rats..
Same with hipsters. You can have one or two around, tops. Three or more and they will build a micro brewery or a gastro pub and then you will be surrounded by an army of Subaru driving Skinnyjean Lumberjack looking dudes who used to bleach their hair and blast The Real Slim Shady from their lowered twotone honda civic while cruising outside the foodcourt at the mall...

You paint quite a picture...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think he's "Ram Material" He's not a "We-Not-Me" Type! We don't need him F-ing-Up the Looker Room!! JMO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Passion to win." Please. Dude is a whiny @$$ b!#ch who cries when things don't go his way.

I don't care how great a player a guy is if he's all about himself and comes with all that kind of baggage.

And yes, Demoff isn't capable of getting that guy locked up. At this point it remains to be seen if he can sign even some of the great players we're growing here in this program.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This won't happen for us, simply too much money. Unless he takes the legal weed discount.

Giants seem hesitant , too much money for a WR in my opinion . These big contracts end up hurting teams. Someone will pay him and reach for that superstar talent.

Look at cousins , if they don't win this year that contract becomes a failure. They will end up losing tons of talent on defense becaus their money is wrapped up in 1 position.