Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter
If we sign OBJ, watch as he starts getting frustrated after 4 games because of McVay's offense and start messing up the locker room

I've never really been worried by Talib, Peters and Suh because those guys will be starters, Wade will let them do their thing and let them be aggressive. Their share of the spotlight depends on their level of play.
For a WR it's very different.

I don't want him. I think we are playing games to keep making headlines because we need to grab all the LA fan base we can (Chargers suck) and sell tickets, but I doubt we actually go for it, especially if we have to give up a 1st.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think it's because alot of us aren't entirely excited about this move. this board was close to 100% behind the suh move.

giphy.gif

I’m walking a tight rope on this one. The Kupp rumors scare me, I wouldn’t be happy if it cost us Kupp. The 1st rounder like others have said, wouldn’t be that bad, you’re not going to find a talent like OBJ in this draft. The diva and of the field issues makes me want to stay clear. A one year rental to further the quest for a ring this season I’m ok with. It’s a coin toss for me wanting him in Horns this year.

giphy.gif

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'll be glad when all this trade talk about Beckhum comes to an end. I don't see him being a good fit for the Rams and I was all in on the Rams getting Suh, Peters, and Talib.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What the “something else” is would be the key.

IMHO I hope it happens. Crazy dominant D plus OBJ on offense? Rams would become favorites to win it all. With good reason.
Besides the 1st this year, I would offer a choice of either our lowest 4th rounder this year or a 3 rounder next year! That's IF I where in favor of the Trade, which I'm not!

As far as, if we picked up OBJ, it would make us favorites to Win it all. I think we already are, without OBJ!! JMHO

lockdnram21

Legend
Besides the 1st this year, I would offer a choice of either our lowest 4th rounder this year or a 3 rounder next year! That's IF I where in favor of the Trade, which I'm not!

As far as, if we picked up OBJ, it would make us favorites to Win it all. I think we already are, without OBJ!! JMHO
Were missing a wr

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People are underestimating Watkins impact... I wouldn't trust Thomas or Reynolds....if not Obj we gotta draft one high
People are under estimating the jump most wide receivers take in their second year so they’re writing Josh Reynolds off If the Vikings gave up on guys are limited production after one year Diggs and Theilen would be on another team or watching the NFL.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
People are under estimating the jump most wide receivers take in their second year so they’re writing Josh Reynolds off If the Vikings gave up on guys are limited production after one year Diggs and Theilen would be on another team or wat hint the NFL.
Ok I can dig that

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
People are under estimating the jump most wide receivers take in their second year so they’re writing Josh Reynolds off If the Vikings gave up on guys are limited production after one year Diggs and Theilen would be on another team or wat hint the NFL.

I hate the idea of hoping these guys are going to improve with the big year we have coming up. We have assembled a possible superbowl winning roster. It would suck if our missing piece to this whole deal was the #1 WR we let walk out the door and didn't replace. I don't know if Im willing to make that gamble and I don't think McVay is either.

Ramon Ram

Starter
People are under estimating the jump most wide receivers take in their second year so they’re writing Josh Reynolds off If the Vikings gave up on guys are limited production after one year Diggs and Theilen would be on another team or watching the NFL.

I agree and OBJ will kill us in many ways. Not to mention Thomas in the bigger 3rd year jump. Draft 1 or 2 and see where we are at as our offense distributes all over and OBJ won't be fine with that as he is looking to make a contract killing and needs numbers to do that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate the idea of hoping these guys are going to improve with the big year we have coming up. We have assembled a possible superbowl winning roster. It would suck if our missing piece to this whole deal was the #1 WR we let walk out the door and didn't replace. I don't know if Im willing to make that gamble and I don't think McVay is either.
So we draft a guy in the first or where ever we draft him and he doesn’t produce like fans want so we give up on him after one year. We repeat this year after year after year giving up on guys after one year. That sounds like a winning team.

Also this assertion that Watkins was our #1 WR is just silly. He was a deep threat to keep safeties honest. Robert Woods was our #1 and stats show opposing defenses felt so as they put their top corner on him more than Watkins.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda surprised this thread isn’t blowing up like the Suh thread. Where’s the obsession, people?

Below, Peter King’s take.

Really wonder if OBJ’s agent is negotiating a potential Rams contract.

I speculated earlier that the cost of acquiring Beckham might be two 1st rounders and a 20 M per year contract... who knows. Interestingly, King and Schroeder talk about similar parameters.

Rams are pulling out all the stops. Snead and McVay just might do yet another one of their “All In” moves.

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/03/28/od...ams-mmqb-peter-king?__twitter_impression=true

Suh didn't require compensation to the other team,

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I find myself even more opposed to this trade than I was originally.

Too many are being seduced by OBJ’s pure talent, IMO.

But the cost and risks? Few seem willing to account for them.

First, the costs:

Even a single 1st would cost the Rams a needed quality Edge, something that Wade’s D critically needs. I can’t overstate this. A starter that would basically complete Wade’s D by providing needed pressure that enhances his DL and secondary effectiveness? Wow! Just gotta have it, y’all. Sure, a lesser player could be picked later in the draft, but does anyone really want to have to “settle” at such a critical position? I think that would fall into “penny wise, pound foolish” territory, tbh.

If another pick is surrendered, such as a 3rd this year or next, that just compounds the loss of needed young and inexpensive long term players. Gawd forbid that they give up a future 1st! Such picks are our future and desperately needed to maintain talent level at cap friendly prices.

Pushing for a SB during our window of opportunity is a great thing. But maybe only up to a point? Don’t know about you, but I want to remain competitive for years and years. Selling our future premium draft picks at some point puts us in a talent and cap situation that would take years to overcome. Too high a price for my tastes.

Next we have the possible impact costs of OBJ’s constant public immaturity and team distractions. McVay is apparently publicly dismissing this factor, I know. I think that that could be a mistake. OBJ takes this crap to a whole new level compared to Suh, Talib, and Peters, at least IMO. Mara is seemingly done with OBJ after only 4 years despite the obvious talent. Alarm bells should be ringing. Beware the “new car fever” about adding a new toy.

Then there’s the little matter of the approx $18 million that OBJ will demand. Question: Where in the world is that money gonna come from our cap? A better question might be which other future players will this force the Rams to let go? And is it not possible that THEIR aggregate value might exceed that of OBJ? Serious question.

Lastly, what about McVay’s spread-it-around O? I don’t see him abandoning such a success anytime soon. So, how would OBJ fit in this O? Or better question might be will he be happy and quiet in it? I have my doubts, needless to say. Corollary question might be to ask just how many fewer targets do we want to see for Woods, Kupp, and Gurley? And would fewer targets be a good thing?

When I add all the above up, I’ve gotta say that I sure hope that this OBJ trade never happens. The net costs will exceed the net benefits by a wide margin, I’m afraid.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kinda surprised this thread isn’t blowing up like the Suh thread. Where’s the obsession, people?
I and many others realize this may be a pipe dream....used to up his trade value....when in fact we have no reason to go after OBJ....

If we wanted a wr....why not offer Watkins and OBJ worthy deal, and keep our draft pick? Otherwise...we'd be throwing away a 2nd round pick, then a 1st round pick...in successive years...for #`1 wr rentals...not a smart strategy....IMO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For me it's not just OBJ. It's the sum of the parts. How many non-We Not Me types can we bring in without spoiling the bunch? I have no idea, and that's what concerns me.

By himself, OBJ would not have caused me all that much concern, given him being matched up with McVay. But on top of Peters, Talib, and Suh comin in to the locker room as well? Meh. I just don't want to see this team become a damn clown show like Dallas, for example.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not necessarily going to disagree with your well thought out logic..but I would like to add a few thoughts.
1. I trust Snead and especially McVay. I think McVay puts a premium on the FEAR factor in his offense. He wants defenses to fear what he COULD do, not necessarily what he will do.
2. McVay could pose to super stars that he can elongate their careers by several years by spreading the ball around and keeping the wear and tear of NFL life to a minimum. I think his play calling style helped keep us from major injury last year. After having a major injury last year. OBJ may be open to having fun in an offense that features many options..who knows.

lockdnram21

Legend
Ya keep saying there going edge rusher 1st round how do ya know that?? How do u know there not going wr or something else... them get obj says to me there cool with there lb situation