Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I and many others realize this may be a pipe dream....used to up his trade value....when in fact we have no reason to go after OBJ....

If we wanted a wr....why not offer Watkins and OBJ worthy deal, and keep our draft pick? Otherwise...we'd be throwing away a 2nd round pick, then a 1st round pick...in successive years...for #`1 wr rentals...not a smart strategy....IMO
Obj better then Watkins

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya keep saying there going edge rusher 1st round how do ya know that?? How do u know there not going wr or something else... them get obj says to me there cool with there lb situation

The thing is - if they take something else, that tells me there's a good value, which will help in 2018 and for years going forward. Plus the money OBJ would take would require cuts, and also make it very difficult to fill other holes when the opportunity occurs. And frankly, OBJ is a suspension waiting to happen. I wouldn't want the Rams to put a bunch of resources - both picks and salary cap - into a guy that I would be surprised if he's not suspended at some point. After that leaked video with drugs in it, you know the league has an eye on him, and frankly I expect him to be placed on the random drug test protocol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Better to put the salary $$$ in the both Lines build from the core out on both these line units.

OL only two very well age signed after this season... 3 of our younger OL starters will hit UFA this time next year......tell me how OBJ can not be optimized if Goff is on his butt due to a very an 2019 OL mostly full of WWC's, UDFA's & rookies. We all know that Goff has ball control issues when he is under pressure ask all the 2018 pro bowl players mainly the NFC who lost the game with Goff at the controls & under pressure from the AFC pass rushers.

D-line has even more issues next year in FA'cy....two starters Aaron Donald & Suh & 3 other important back ups in Westbrooks, Easley & Morgan Fox. Add in that the Rams have yet to replace both 2017 starting Edge rushers Conner Barwin & Rob Quinn.

You will not remain in playoff contention if you sit back & let that OL fall into weak old crumbles ask Seattle so call dynasty dreams.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
The thing is - if they take something else, that tells me there's a good value, which will help in 2018 and for years going forward. Plus the money OBJ would take would require cuts, and also make it very difficult to fill other holes when the opportunity occurs. And frankly, OBJ is a suspension waiting to happen. I wouldn't want the Rams to put a bunch of resources - both picks and salary cap - into a guy that I would be surprised if he's not suspended at some point. After that leaked video with drugs in it, you know the league has an eye on him, and frankly I expect him to be placed on the random drug test protocol.
To be honest in that video the only thing u could really see was a pizza... it was so quick... yes there was something white that could have been coke but u couldn't tell and that could of been a blunt in his hand but u really couldn't tell... he could say he was smoking a cigar to be honest

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two firsts, and pay free agent salary - for a guy who had a video linked recently doing drugs?

Umm, no.

The Giants know they're screwed, and are trying to rip some other team off instead.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be honest in that video the only thing u could really see was a pizza... it was so quick... yes there was something white that could have been coke but u couldn't tell and that could of been a blunt in his hand but u really couldn't tell... he could say he was smoking a cigar to be honest

Yes, hand rolled cigar and innocent white powder.

I somehow doubt you sincerely believe that. And I'm certain nobody in the league office believes that.

Flint

Pro Bowler
General consensus is that many of these new acquisitions are not going to be here long term so I would agree that we need picks to replace them, so I think the offense, which was number 2 in the league, should be ok without OBJ.
Sammy never really got on the same page with Sam would this be the case with OBJ? Would he be ok watching Woods and Kupp benefit from his presence?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
My guess is since he resides in the LA area in the off-season, his agents tried to "link" the Rams to him. I just can't see us bringing in that big of headache, wanting a whole lot of money, in a "throw to the open guy" offense. It would generate the buzz to him possibly "seeding" the market for him.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why in the world would you think they would take less? If that's not what we're offering or close to it, I don't know why we're talking to them.

It's not unknown for teams to have aggressive demands on the off chance that somebody exceeds them - then accepts a lesser offer that is acceptable. It's part of negotiating.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Giants aren't getting that.

Historically, multiple firsts go for QBs in the draft. Cheap and potential franchise players. Also the fact this guy is coming off a major injury and is due a massive pay day some other team would have to pick up, they'd be lucky to receive even the Rams pick and a 3rd.

jap

Legend
Why in the world would you think they would take less? If that's not what we're offering or close to it, I don't know why we're talking to them.

. . . because it's a buyer's market if the G-Men are determined to rid themselves of OBJ, and we have the leverage---not them. That said, I am not of fan of OBJ as he is not a core player. Core players are stable, mature people.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

And they can now freak off

They were asking for this about 4 days ago. Anyone in their right mind would know they are not going to get 2 first round picks for someone in the last year of their contract, someone that is the very definition of red flags,:redcard: someone who has all sorts of character issues, and someone who was seen in video apparently high and surrounded by drugs.
One first round pick, yes. 2 first round picks, hell no!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some "thoughts" from the gang over at PFT about two firsts for OBJ.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...first-round-picks-for-odell-beckham/#comments

His talent is worth it, his baggage is not.
-----------
Wouldn’t give up one 2nd rd pick for this injured headcase diva.. he’s a cancer.
-----------
We all know the talent is worth it. But man, I wouldn’t sleep at night after giving this guy 50 mil at least guaranteed.
------------
Gettleman is a liar, Eli is a turnover machine, and OBJ is a man child. The Mara family can keep them all.
-----------
Not worth it…
----------
I would not give a second rounder for this guy. He is a constant distraction drama queen. Pass
---------
Quite honestly he’s not really worth trading for. He is demanding way too much $$$ in a new contract for a team to also give draft picks as compensation. If a team could dump a big contract and swap some picks, than it might be ok.
------------
Marcus peters drew a 3rd and a 4th
Check out this ridiculous thread...
http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-...-there’s-a-legit-offer-on-the-table-for-odell

Carl Banks is saying there’s a legit offer on the table for Odell
Today, 08:36 AM

with a 4 pm deadline today.

We get their next three number 1’s and this year’s 2 and 3.

Sounds too good to pass up.

heard just now on WFAN.
-----------
Did he mention what team? Honestly draft picks are not enough I want a legitimate offensive weapon who is ready to tear it up now. So if it is the Rams give me Gurley and they can keep some of their picks. I would still want this year's first, this year's second and next year's first and Gurley. They can have Beckham and Perkins.
----------
If, it's LA Rams all there picks are low in each round. Future picks will most likely be low NO.1'S.
----------
LOL, the Rams wouldn't trade Gurley straight up for OBJ, We would have to send them picks in that trade. If that Rams rumor is in fact the offer you take that deal and run.... even for a non-headache OBJ I make that deal. Sure it hurts us in the short term, but this team isnt making the playoffs and definitely not winning a chip in the next few season. It probably helps in the long term.

My rational new coach, new GM, change the culture. OBJ is our best player and the face of the franchise, and a leader... but in a negative way. His sole focus is on being a celebrity or entertainer. not a franchise football player and definitely not the face of football team. On most teams your best players are also your best people and best leaders.

This notion that all stars do what OBJ does. I don't see AB doing this, I don't see D-Hop doing this, dont see Mike Evans, AJ Green, Julio doing this. I'm not saying its a easy decision for the Giants. I think they wanna pay him and keep him, but they also want him to be a positive face of the team... a role model on and off the field.
-----------
I can't believe a team would be this stupid to offer that.

If its true the trade should already be made or else the Giants would be even dumber.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Better to put the salary $$$ in the both Lines build from the core out on both these line units.

OL only two very well age signed after this season... 3 of our younger OL starters will hit UFA this time next year......tell me how OBJ can not be optimized if Goff is on his butt due to a very an 2019 OL mostly full of WWC's, UDFA's & rookies. We all know that Goff has ball control issues when he is under pressure ask all the 2018 pro bowl players mainly the NFC who lost the game with Goff at the controls & under pressure from the AFC pass rushers.

D-line has even more issues next year in FA'cy....two starters Aaron Donald & Suh & 3 other important back ups in Westbrooks, Easley & Morgan Fox. Add in that the Rams have yet to replace both 2017 starting Edge rushers Conner Barwin & Rob Quinn.

You will not remain in playoff contention if you sit back & let that OL fall into weak old crumbles ask Seattle so call dynasty dreams.

Nice post Boni and as usual I see things similarly. The OL had essentially two offseasons (this one and next year) to either lock up or replace all five starters. Only move they have made thus far this offseason is extending the old and injury-riddled Center two years out.

If things go forward the way it looks right now, Les is going to be robbin peter to pay paul just like he had to do with the Peters trade, expending futures in draft picks to fix an issue that should have been planned for.

Going into this offseason there were a ton of things like the OL, Donald, etc that needed to see some players locked up long term. But to date no long term decisions have really been made. Instead, it's "go out and grab shiny new toy XXXX." I don't want to get all negative, as I like some of the moves they have made. But the truth is that we need to see some guys locked up for real futures moves. And hopefully soon, so it all doesn't come due in a shorter window.