Noteboom & Allen both injured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
From the defensive front's perspective you have to do the work to get to the fun stuff. Which is to say you must bust your ass to shut down the run game then tee off in your rush. So if you yield to the defense very quickly in the run game you're gonna get what you deserve.

Of course if your pass game is great enough you can overcome that element which is what we did last year. There is plenty of room for the Rams to get back to that point, it's not like this loss means they can't do it again. I just wish they'd develop that run phase and make life easier on everyone.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve always been underwhelmed with Allen and Noteboom.

Snead needs to prioritize drafting Oline and hopefully he and his scouts can figure out what good Olinemen look like. Havenstein and Edwards have been his biggest successes. They need guys who don’t just specialize in either run or pass blocking. They need players that can do both.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I hate to say it I know it's one game but if notebook doesn't fix his shit this season will be shot to hell you could add Steven Jax Torry Holt and Lawrence Taylor Stafford will be a sitting duck and at some point injured or take such a toll he won't be the same or shorten his career.

Now going and getting as we say with Houston is highly unlikely we couldn't nor do we really have that capital. What team has 2 LT of starting capabilities at an above average skill set that we could worm our way into.

Sorry to say if we found such a team and we knew we were getting Obj back Van has to be a part of it and I don't even know if realistically it's can be done. Nobody really gives up LT without a huge price attached. He best get his shit together. Big whit better have a chat with him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
What are the chances the anyone from the Rams front office read some of our opinions I've never begged before but at least a tryout please bring him in at the very least he can run block very well I believe his pass blocking will be back especially with a non mobile QB his lateral movement less of an issue more strength required and he has it. Please Mcsnead

8. Eric Fisher, OT​

Coming off a torn Achilles, Fisher had his fair share of struggles in 2021 with the Colts. The two-time Pro Bowler struggled in pass-protection but still managed to fare well as a run blocker. As he enters his age 31 season, the biggest question is whether he'll look more like himself in 2022 with two years removed from the Achilles injury.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think seeing all the stats pffs pressures etc from our Oline shows how important Whit was for the Rams. I see a lack of prep from that Oline and I'd bet money that whit was a big reason why Boom was ready to play well in his absence over years past

Shuie3225

Starter
Fair point but look who comes in with 12 personnel. Is Hopkins a guy who moves that bar in the run game.

Truth is we are short on physicality everywhere but WR. So I get them not thinking 12 would do a thing for us in that situation.
I dunno to me Skow is just a big body with no football sense. He left multiple people unblocked in the run game. So having him on the field to me isn't better than Hopkins. We saw Hopkins make a huge block with the Super Bowl on the line on the Kupp jet sweep. And his dad was a pro NFL player so I think he just understands the game better. I'm not a fan of Skow being on the field just to block. He made too many mistakes in week 1.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I understand having faith in your guys but you can't tell me having Fischer and or Williams isn't a huge upgrade over Evans? What could it hurt? I'd cut Evans on two seconds if it meant getting Fischer and or Williams

I also understand it's on game but your schedule is deadly and offensive lineman are key.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
This type of neglect of the O-Line is what pushed Luck into retirement.

Unreal we can all see this but GMs can't. O-Line is 2nd most important position on the field.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
McVay was very lucky he did not get our aging going on 35 yr old, with 14 NFL seasons behind him QB Matthew Stafford killed with that messed-up OL after the game was over in the 3rd quarter. That really worries me.

I am sure that neither of our two backup QB's will not be securing anything more than a few wins by the end of the season. You would think that this supposedly newly improved defense would work well with a running game for a while but the defense was far from what was expected. Floyd & Hollins were "NO SHOWS" Thursday night on the field.

Until that OL gets healthy & fully functioning properly I would suggest a big dose of runs & place the win on the defense until further notice. Save that old worn down QB for any playoff hopes. Might as well bring up Trey Ragas for that broken-down rookie RB Williams.
You KNOW Stafford was feeling it Friday morning but that can't go on forever.

If the Rams want to repeat, they need to get it together quick,
like next year, minimum, and maybe Stafford can pull the real deal late 30s Miracle out of his rear end and cement his Hall of Fame career.

I still have hopes for the defense getting MUCH improved because that was their first game together *basically*.
I know a lot of Rams Fans are on the downward spiral but it's a long season and McVay is not stupid.
Adjustments will be made on the offensive line.
We just added 10 lb of needed beef on the o line.
And we have a lot of exciting football ahead of us!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This type of neglect of the O-Line is what pushed Luck into retirement.

Unreal we can all see this but GMs can't. O-Line is 2nd most important position on the field.
Yes, amazing indeed. Fire them all and search Rams forums for the guys who can get it done!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Snead is working as we speak on new Olinemen, whether on practice squads or back ups. For a really good player, we might need to wait until midseason for a team not doing well, looking to offload salary for picks/more. I think OBJ is a luxury now when we have such a basic problem on the Oline.

Snead needs to do better with getting quality guys in the next draft.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Snead is working as we speak on new Olinemen, whether on practice squads or back ups. For a really good player, we might need to wait until midseason for a team not doing well, looking to offload salary for picks/more. I think OBJ is a luxury now when we have such a basic problem on the Oline.

Snead needs to do better with getting quality guys in the next draft.
Snead has done a great job given where the picks have been.
They've made the choices they have made and overall, of course, the results have been excellent.
How often is a lineman drafted later than the second round and starts, and is good, right away.
It happens, but, not often.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead has done a great job given where the picks have been.
They've made the choices they have made and overall, of course, the results have been excellent.
How often is a lineman drafted later than the second round and starts, and is good, right away.
It happens, but, not often.
I include the 2nd round picks, not just the 3rd round and beyond. Rodger Saffold was a 2nd round pick. It happened one time recently and we could have gotten him. Dude was an all pro as a rookie Center and he was there without any trade gymnastics. Instead, we had to have a tiny WR who has done nothing thus far. We settled for Brian Allen, instead.

It could have been luck of the draw because he wasn't the highest rated center by some, but why didn't Snead and his scouts look at Humphreys . hard? If I remember right, he said the Rams never contacted him before the draft, when our starting center went to KCMO. and we technically had an open spot? I was very specific in saying that Snead has done well elsewhere in building the roster with what he had to work with, but Interior Oline is very low on his priority list, which is obvious to me and we're paying for it now.

fearsomefour

Legend
I include the 2nd round picks, not just the 3rd round and beyond. Rodger Saffold was a 2nd round pick. It happened one time recently and we could have gotten him. Dude was an all pro as a rookie Center and he was there without any trade gymnastics. Instead, we had to have a tiny WR who has done nothing thus far. We settled for Brian Allen, instead.

It could have been luck of the draw because he wasn't the highest rated center by some, but why didn't Snead and his scouts look at Humphreys . hard? If I remember right, he said the Rams never contacted him before the draft, when our starting center went to KCMO. and we technically had an open spot? I was very specific in saying that Snead has done well elsewhere in building the roster with what he had to work with, but Interior Oline is very low on his priority list, which is obvious to me and we're paying for it now.
I was one of the few defenders of Saffold.
Nearly everyone on this board was done with him by the time he was injured for the 3rd or 6th time.
Haha.
The Atwell pick was very, very strange.
Drafting is not an exact science....it is difficult business.
What is the highest drafted current Rams lineman.....Havenstein in the 2nd round I think.
I am looking forward to see how Anchrum does.
The same can be said for the DL outside of Donald.

If you were scheming for the Falcons you would look at attack the weakest point of the offense.
Stop the run and get after the QB.....best way to stop weapons down field.
I would expect a lot of blitzes and a stuffed box (insert joke here).....the O will have to find a way to make the D pay for the blitzes. Those blitzes will right at the weaknesses. Right up the gut, with stunts and disguises. If Noteboom can't go it magnifies even more.
Atlanta did not look terrible from the little bit I saw which I find disappointing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was one of the few defenders of Saffold.
Nearly everyone on this board was done with him by the time he was injured for the 3rd or 6th time.
Haha.
The Atwell pick was very, very strange.
Drafting is not an exact science....it is difficult business.
What is the highest drafted current Rams lineman.....Havenstein in the 2nd round I think.
I am looking forward to see how Anchrum does.
The same can be said for the DL outside of Donald.

If you were scheming for the Falcons you would look at attack the weakest point of the offense.
Stop the run and get after the QB.....best way to stop weapons down field.
I would expect a lot of blitzes and a stuffed box (insert joke here).....the O will have to find a way to make the D pay for the blitzes. Those blitzes will right at the weaknesses. Right up the gut, with stunts and disguises. If Noteboom can't go it magnifies even more.
Atlanta did not look terrible from the little bit I saw which I find disappointing.
Not me...Once Saffold got both shoulder surgeries, he was pretty stable and reliable and tough as hell. I was sad when he left.

Yeah, the Falcons look tougher than I thought they would be....

fearsomefour

Legend
Lets say every team dresses 8 OL on Sundays 256 of the best OL are not available. Some team probably dress 9.
It would seem the best option to find help wold be from another teams practice squad.
The actual best option is probably Whit......but, who knows if he is really up for it.